What was the message behind this movie?

what was the message behind this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVarn-m7o9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

future is cool if you got a good job at night

sex

no such thing as replicants. They all human.

Just that there are human slaves for rich people in future.

Respect life even if it don't respect you. Roy had the greatest appreciation for this because he knew in his last moments that killing Deckard wasn't going to bring any good to the world. He killed the first people so he could get to Earth and probably only killed Tyrell and Sebastian because he hadn't really experienced anger before (he had only developed emotions recently).

If you didn't fall for the Director's Cut meme and watched the theatrical version with the monologues, this is pretty much spelled out.

Mindless consumerism will eventually consume itself into an easily found, and discarded, state

See Human to Replicant

We are fucked
And you might wake up a robot

That slavery doesn't stop being slavery just because someone patents the slaves' genome.

this. a lot of people came out of bladerunner with the assumption that replicants were robots. replicants were genetically engineered, and genetically superior, humans.

blankets are comfy

But we are all robots.

Drink More Ovaltine

Capitalism is a horror that we will never escape.

the future is gonna suck. and unchecked technology is to blame.

Be compassionate/don't dehumanize.

It's because of moralcucks like you that we won't be able to have genetically modified catgirl lolis.
I hope you are happy with the future you are your kind are building for the rest of us.

It's because of degenerates like you that Chinese robots will dominate the Earth.

It's obviously about mortality and trying to escape it. The Replicants, a relatively new sentient being, could not handle what humans had accepted long ago. Everything fucking dies in the end.

That with a great script even Rutger Hauer can look like a great actor even if overacting.

That's... not what it was about.

At all.

Humans have given up on Earth after trashing it for ages and finally destroying the climate, causing perpetual acid rain.

So they decide to focus on settling new worlds, and of course only the uber rich can afford to go, because they don't want to be around the pleb Earthlings.

Deckard never went off world, he had a happy life with a beautiful wife (his apt, pictures of his old life). Somehow he lost his wife and lives day to day, job to job, working for what remains of the LAPD to capture and dispose of superhumans which are being bred for sex, entertainment and slavery purposes on the colonies.

Capitalism unbridled is the true and final ideology of this species. Robots understand this better than we do, therefore they will inherent the resources of this planet.

He wasn't overacting.

He was acting as if he had an emotional range of a four year old boy.

For obvious reasons that you obviously never figured out.

This is the correct answer.

Invest more money into independent security if you are running a billion dollar business that creates dangerous humans who have a whole (but understaffed) police unit assigned to catch them

aren't those called androids

If the Replicants were programmed to die why did Decker or whoever have to chase them? They could have just sent them on a goose chase.

It was a commentary on what it means to be human.

The message is that there's more to being a human than merely being born as one. Our experiences, emotions, words, and actions are the components that make up our lives. We see this message delivered mostly through Roy who, despite being a Replicant, experiences an existence that is as full, meaningful, and real as any human

>tfw I was too dumb to understand the book

Human drama will not dissapear because of technological advacement, for every wonder technology bring us new problems and dilemmas.

"Too bad she won't live. Then again who does?"

No.The word android implies mechanical parts like major from GITS. They were flesh and bone like humans.

It was about how religion and consumer culture can make anyone live in even the most abject conditions.

The only ones who had the drive to live in the novel were the replicants. Regular humans were hopped up on drugs from their mood organs and waiting for the next experience with the religion thingy.

>It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?

Or

Everyone dies, not everyone lives.

Sushi. That's what my ex wife used to call me. Cold fish.

But did he have a ex wife, or just a memory of a ex wife

>tfw no ryrybot

They were androids though. Even in the book.

I really think the fact that the replicants are just bioroids/clones make it a much more powerful story.

>an ex wife _is_ a memory of a wife
>gunshot.wav

this is the right answer

the movie is about being human and also facing mortality (which is an aspect of being human)

How did you get that from the movie?

checking those digits though

They were androids in the book and flesh in the film.

get your ass to mars

I don't think he was overacting. Everything he did was to the maximum, as were his emotions. I also think it's kind of implied he was going insane as his supreme intelligence failed him over and over in searching for a way to extend his life. Imagine knowing for a fact you're the most intelligent being on earth and not being able to do something you want to do. There's no help you can look for.

Everybody dies. Live life while you can.

Blade Runner isn't about mortality?

>I want more life fucker
>It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does?

>God hides in the trash in gutters, "kipple"?

The "fake" humans were more human than the real humans.

That cyberpunk is cool as fuck.

Honestly the movie has no message and the characters are either written poorly or completely unnecessary.

your movie is guaranteed to be good if it has Brad Dourif in it

>That with a great script even Rutger Hauer can look like a great actor

Rutger Hauer wrote the tears in the rain monologue you fucking plebe.

>not getting it this hard

The book is about consciousness and personhood, and whether those things can ever be fully understood or if they exist at all. The movie is a simplistic allegory about slavery, with some shallow musings about life and death tossed in

>Honestly the movie has no message
Besides what it means to be human? Cause, i don't know, though that was a pretty dominant theme presented throughout the entirety of the film

Wish Japs were everywhere... instead we get chinks, gooks, spics, niggers, jews and mudslimes.

Its about the subaltern

youtube.com/watch?v=rVarn-m7o9k

>pls lyk and subcride

>even in the future, life sucks

who the fuck would want to live in a slanted apartment?

If they were androids surely the voight-kampff test would just be a magnet

Magnets don't detect hosts in the Westworld series.

>he wuz a good boi didnt do nuffin: the post

The message of the movie was "We are fucked when we develop robots that can do shit better than us"

Yeah, it was in the book.

But not in the movie. Sounds like you're reading into some things.

Kill the Chinese before they kill you.

What do you think Rachael was there for or the whole monologue during Batty's death?

I know you're being facetious on purpose

>what was the message behind this movie?

I dont spoon feed retards

saged and hidden

All humans are people, but not all people are humans.

>he actually felt the need to post this
Describe, in single words, only the good things that come to mind about your mother.