So why exactly has this upset people so much?

So why exactly has this upset people so much?

it’s just butthurt rapfags

His image is just so slimy. He's every corporate PR/A&R person rolled into one. Actually more than one, him and Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift, and a few other contenders. You look at this guy, you're literally looking at the capital-letters Major Label Music Industry. You are looking at Warner Bros. The music industry just spent many millions of dollars hyping and giving an award to itself. (Well I guess it's always like that but with this guy it's extra egregious.) I try not to be too mad at him as a person, he's just on his grind/hustle, but sometimes it does spill over.

He's also ambiguously brown, that probably adds to the pissing off factor. Although in the future everyone will have that skin tone.

Because he had the worst album of all the nominees

Was on board until you hopped on the race train like every other faggot on here

This.

People are still genuinely convinced (read: dumb) or have some kind of connotation in their head that a Grammy is a sign of quality - not record sales.

I found it kind of funny that during that Cara chick winning over SZA who obviously deserved it far more that her acceptance was basically an apology on behalf of the Grammys for obviously dicking over artistic quality for units moved.

You don't get responses as aggressive as what he got, from musicians like those, without some kind of hidden factor related to identity politics. It can't just be because Bruno Mars is a major label stooge, it has to run deeper.

Too patrician for this shitty board

>SZA
>artistic quality
Ahahahahaha

For Pitchfork to call the Grammy's a "shithole" because they believe 24K was awarded best album not on musical quality or merit, but sales, image, etc. is rich considering they gave "Bodak Yellow" song of the year. 24K is a good album. And people chiding 24K on its lack of originality can not even begin to defend Gambino's album which sounded exactly like a Sly album. Nobody can ever be happy with the grammy's, so why do they bother trying?

Hahahaha for real? Did they actually do this? I don't keep up with Pitchfork but that's the blackest pot I've ever seen calling the kettle black.

Because a single man won a lot of awards instead of going to female artists because feminism.

He didn't mention polly ticks in his award speech.

Having said that, yes the guy is very very much corporate elevator music and we shouldn't pretend he's a "real" artist.

>Although in the future everyone will have that skin tone
Not here in Norway where you get 3 hours of sun a day in wintertime.

>caring about the grammys other than to just keep on trend
oh my god Sup Forums please

Tom Petty is disgusting. Brand New should have played at the Grammy's, singing Out of Mana. But no, because of some stupid rape allegations hurricaned one of the greatest Rock bands of all time, they not only have no nominations for Science Fiction, but since they will break up this year, they will never make another album at all, rendering them as a Rock band that had never got a Grammy nor any sort of award, and that's a burden they'll have to carry for the rest of their lives, as niggered, moronic liberal dicks get to dictate shitty mumble rap with no substance other than promoting mongoloid degeneracy and the inferiority of niggers as the representation of this generation.

I want the KKK to come back now. Life is meaningless, and so are the idiots who hate the greatest Emo band of all time. Kill yourselves.

They're talking about interracial relations, dumbass

I think any claim that Taylor Swift is corporate would be disproven by her releasing an extremely un-commercial album.

manlet victory

I don't know anyone who dates outside their own race except celebrities and extreme trailer trash.

Don't feed the Sup Forumstard please.

Whites dying out is Jewish propaganda.

>He's also ambiguously brown, that probably adds to the pissing off factor. Although in the future everyone will have that skin tone.
You're worse than Amerimutt posters. Fucking obsessed.

stealing this copypasta, thanks bro

>extremely uncommercial

What? Maybe her lead single was a bit unorthodox for 2017 but have you listened to the album? It's le epic Antonoff and 90s rnb ripoff central

>Trent comes to the amazing revelation that the Grammys don't tend to feature your favorite obscure punk band

...except Kendrick Lamar, SZA and Jay-Z. They're based as FUCK!!! #WOKE #fuckwhitepeople #fuckblackpeoplewhoaretoofriendlylikebrunomars

Bruno is a spic

i think you mean lil uzi

Butthurt feminists and butthurt rap fans. Im glad he won

>taking grammys seriously

Or not to take the circlejerk too fucking seriously.

It's just a Sup Forums invasion because "diverse Grammies". All the 14 year old loser kids watched the Grammies with their moms and have been posting about it here since.
No one other than them gives a shit about it so they're just wasting their own time.

You shouldn't pretend any commercial entertainer is an artist. Not sure why you would construe entertainment with art.

Since when did Bruno Mars become a villain?

no, it's because it's all over twitter and pitchfork you fucking autist

He’s not brown enough.

No one actually cares about this shit outside of the internet

Solid post desu
coon lol

Yeah, posting about Bruno Mars on mu is because people posted it on Twitter and it appeared here as a result.
That explains all the Ronda Rousey threads since Sunday night!
Literal mong.

good fucking lord the absolute state of this thread

said it before, and I'll say it again

FINESSED THE GRAMMY
FINESSED THE CHARTS
FINESSED HIP HOP
AND FINESSED THE WORLD'S HEART
AND IT'S NOT EVEN FEBUARY

DRIPPING • WITH • FINESSE

absolutely based

Fuck.

He lived long enough to become the villian

Actually kek’d

He was better in the 80s

The guy not only thanked his record label but some fucking record executives went up on stage with him when he accepted his award for album of the year.

wait, what does Tom Petty have to do with the rest of the pasta?