Secrets to writing punk music that isn't cringy?

>writing punk music

Well there’s your problem...

if you write music it's going to be cringy the secret is to do it anyway

>Grab Pencil
>Grab guitar
>Strum 3 chords angerly
>Yell about the system, hate, your dad
>Realize true punk is a dead genre
>Get better at your instruments
>Start a Post-Hardcore band

I NEED DICK

This desu.

Write about what is actually bothering you as opposed to muh drumph

Don't be a leftist. Reject safe spaces.
Read Evola's Revolt Against the Modern World, The Unabomber Manifesto, Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, Machiavelli's The Prince, and Henry Ford's My Life and Work.
Listen to Skullhead and No Remorse until you like them.

make sure you mention drumpf

punk is left you bootlicker

>Don't be a leftist.
Okay cool
>Listen to Skullhead and No Remorse until you like them.
Way to go onto the other side of the cringe meter ya fuck

OP just make sure you don't pick sides. Political ideologies are for retards, and people insecure of their own beliefs.

Jello said nigger, and made fun of liberals all the fucking time

Wait, OP, I have an idea. Scream shitty lyrics about gore stuff like if you were a grindcore band with really bad production and a good drummer.
That'll work.

You gotta understand the GG Allin thing

what the fuck are you playing or listening to punk for if you're too spineless to take stances on the world around you?? it is very much a political artform and anything without a real basis in lived trauma is bullshit, vapid, worthless and not even punk to begin with

dont write about politics

>liberals
>left
when will this meme end

2 pnk 4 me

Punk is inherently cringe worthy. It's about minimising the cringe.

Yeah it's taking a stance against all extremism like you ya dumb fuck.

>Jello
This faggot again.

why would you want to make punk if you aren't forced to live on the fringes of society. what do you have to say of any value. what do you have to be righteously outraged over. punk life chose me and i get fucking loud because the rest of the world tells me to keep quiet

Politics in music is for the most part misdirected frustration from other areas of musicians libes

people thinking nazis and antifascists are equal is what allows nazis to get violent in society so go eat shit and think about your life. only one of those two groups is founded on the explicit goal of genocide. people like you are the ones who would look the other way in a hate crime because you don't care about anything if it doesn't affect you. fuck yourself

>Founded on a specific goal of genocide

Which group is that again

>Post-Hardcore
>less embarrassing than middle of the road 70's punk
What's next, you gonna tell me post-punk is the epitome of all music?

you can take a stance on the world without conforming to some cookie-cutter ideology or joining an extremely popular movement. it's called skepticism.

make it emo

>The Clash
>Mistfits
>Sex Pistols
>Better than Fugazi, Husker Du, Drive Like Jehu, NoMeansNo

wow edgy post

i am of the opinion that nazis need to fuck off forever, what's your stance on life my dude except for being smug about how you're sooooo unique and special in your complete lack of critical thinking about modern society

because i like the music. i have plenty to be righteously outraged over, but im just not concerned with overtly political messages in my music or trying to live a punk life. you can write songs about anything and politics is a hegelian game that i'd rather not put too much energy into or get upset over.

what are you outraged about? i am outraged that there are nazis who want to murder me.

i don't get to not live the punk life you stain, i've been homeless and i've been dead broke for who i am. have you ever been discriminated against? like real discrimination. people wouldn't let me live with them because i was too queer. what's up with your life? stop coopting punk if you don't have anything worth saying.

not gonna answer me? you're a miserable coward who doesn't even have the spine to stand in the most milquetoast kind of solitary, like saying "nazis are bad". any real punk scene would laugh you out of the venue with your current attitude.

>t.

tbf you sound like a bit of a whiny faggot, maybe they have a point.

Musician, philosopher, madman.

For political lyrics, criticize both sides with heavy doses of sarcasm. Ex: Bodies by the Sex Pistols, half of the DK’s discography.