What *original* film made in the last ten years will be at the forefront of the popular culture 40 years from now?

What *original* film made in the last ten years will be at the forefront of the popular culture 40 years from now?

There were none made. Silly boi

>original

But for real, you think so?

None of them. The Internet has made it so everyone seeks out specific niches.

Fast and Furious

I forgot I ever saw Avatar until you mentioned it.

That was 16 years ago, unless you mean Tokyo Drift

Pretty much this, pop culture is moving to quickly now a days to create something really huge and lasting

There will be new classics, but in order to have as much impact as Star Wars, you need to hit the medium with something unique while the art is still somewhat new and growing.

At this point, the gates are pretty much closed.
Same goes for books.

is this by design? or is the medium just simply dying?

microscopic social attention span

Probably a bit of both. However, it is weird that music and literature are just as ''afflicted'' also.

I think that could be the result, not the cause.

Avatar is our only hope to pass something lasting on to our children

I think Avatar is probably the closest we have. Star Wars is going to run out of steam before the new trilogy is done.

bump

Realistically? Pop Culture?

Pirates of the Caribbean (though it's just a touch behind 10 years going off the first).

Anything before that I'd say LoTR, Matrix, etc.

But after there really isn't much I can recall. I guess normies would go pretty dicks-forward for Hunger Games.

LotR is not original. Pirates, barely.

Matrix will fade to cult classic status. Wachowski freaks will never see success again.

Hunger Games is not original

Last 10 years I'd have to say Avatar, the MCU or even Guardians of the Galaxy, although it's hardly original

Our best bet is to wait for an upcoming high-fantasy trilogy
Unles we're counting TV, in which case it's Game of Thrones

Mean Girls