/nba/ general

>BOSTON, MA –The Boston Celtics announced today that they have acquired four-time All-Star and 2016 NBA Champion Kyrie Irving from the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for guard Isaiah Thomas, forward Jae Crowder, center Ante Zizic and the rights to the Brooklyn Nets’ 2018 first round pick.

>“Kyrie is one of the best scorers in the NBA. He has proven that on the biggest stage, the NBA Finals, the last three years,” said Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge. “He’s been an NBA Champion, an Olympic Gold Medalist, and a four-time All-Star. For all he’s accomplished, we think his best years are ahead of him.”

>“Isaiah and Jae have been a huge part of our success,” said Celtics Co-Owner and Governing Partner Wyc Grousbeck. “Isaiah’s playoff performance under very difficult circumstances will live on in history, and we wish them all the best.”

>News:
CLE:Jae Crowder and Ante Zizic heading to CLE
CLE:Kyrie Irving traded to BOS for Isaiah Thomas
PHI:Ben Simmons (foot) cleared for full activity
Report: Josh Smith eyeing return to Rockets
OKC:Pacers file tampering charges against Lakers
LAC:Clippers and Marshall Plumlee agree to deal
MLW:Antetokounmpo (knee) to miss Eurobasket
DAL:Jeff Withey gets one-year deal with Mavs
NY:Report: Cavs targeting Kristaps Porzingis
SAC:Zach Randolph could be banned from NBA?
DET:Van Gundy determined to give Boban more time
NY:Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Melo talks

>Videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=07znGYa6Y-o
youtube.com/watch?v=sbZ0uYtA3FM
youtube.com/watch?v=srmZMEeTugs
youtube.com/watch?v=3axbxqazw4I
youtube.com/watch?v=0fqYVDmGH94

>Kyrie ends up on younger team with best young coach and promising future
>Lebron left with Cleveland instead of Kyrie suffering thar fate next year before going to the sexier team
>kyrie will still be in finals

alpha as fuck

you literally have to be a cuck to think kyrie was in the wrong here

>warriors still 100% lock to easily win finals
>bunch of other teams do random.shit which is essentially meaningless
>XD /r/NBA off-season is so fuccin littt

nba fans are pathetic

he's living in your head rent-free buddy

i just came here to say fuck gowiz

i thought about your post for 5 seconds
you think about gowiz for your whole day

Wade to the Cavs

Then Melo will want to come to the Cavs again.

IT
JR/Wade
LeBron/Melo
Love/Crowder
TT/Zizic

I swear to fuck if the Knicks don't get fucking good real soon I'm gonna heem my gf into the motherfucking shadow realm.

is /nba/ underestimating the Celtics?

Kyrie and Hayward are their only good players. I was gonna list their starting five but I don't even know who they have to play SG and PF lmao

Why are you complaining about plebbit here? Go back

Would probably need to trade Love to make the Melo deal work.

Melo at PF would be better against the Warriors, if only a little. Still bad defense.

Wade off the bench as a Ginobili type player is my dream scenario for him.

>5'8 30 year old manlet coming off season ending injury who wants a brinks truck of money
>Lebron is leaving next year
>Nets pick more likely ends up being out of top 3, statistically speaking

oh
oh
ohahahahhahh
Noooo
noo
ahahhaaha

holy shit

RIP shitland

Would the Knicks be okay with a Love for Melo deal straight up? They'd probably try and jew Crowder or the Nets pick out of them.

I don't know, but I'd be okay with it.
There are still a lot of teams that want Love still so they could retrade him, or even do a three team trade.

Love is literally better than Melo at everything

>niggas wating the Cavs to deal the pic right away
Calm down retards, they're waiting to see if Westbrook doesn't sign the extension or not before they make ANY moves, they can get him AND PG with the Nets pick and two other scrubs, stop trying to roleplay GM niggas

At this point I'd take just the pick for Melo. Fucking team is garbage anyway, start stacking up picks for the stacked draft.

Love can't play in small ball linups.

Melo is the perfect small ball PF minus defense in the post.

You gonna beat the greatest small ball team in history by playing inferior small ball? You can't fight fire with fire when you're going up against so much talent

>You can't fight fire with fire

Cavs did well against the Warriors by slowing them down and roughing them up not be playing their game

How the hell is she not dead yet?

When they didn't have KD you retard, why the hell does everyone act like he isn't a big fucking factorl

Because what do you do now? How to you gameplan for them? Going smallball is just doing exactly what they do but inferior

But the Warriors have struggled against good small ball linups. Like OKC and Boston. Then when the Cavs beat the Warriors last year they played small ball with no Love in the lineup and having Shump in instead.

I'm working on it. I tuned that bitch up today when I found out we didn't get Kyrie.

How is OKC a "good small ball lineup" and how did they struggle? They went 4-0 against them in the season. And against Boston they went 1-1 with a blowout at Boston so I wouldn't really say that's struggling either.

>Mid-range game.

>2017
>Mid-range being relevant

>being this much of a newfag
Lmao, not even talking to you if you only started watching last season

Durant arrived in GSW this season. If you want to talk about OKC's success with Durant it's irrelevant because now they don't have him. Like we established Durant changes everything

For the guy who asked what Cowherd's take is, he's already on Twitter saying "Early congrats to the 2018, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25 Eastern Conference Champions, the Boston Celtics"

Will Lebron teach IT and Chowder those corny fencing handshakes?

/nba/, where every player is a snake

so is Raptors doing Anything this summer ? besides of hoping that derozan develops 3p shot and thinking how to underuse valanciunas

I dunno guys, I think the Cavs just got a whole lot better from this, and may entice Lebron to stick around.

1) They've got DRose, who can drive to the basket better than anyone on that team except Lebron. He's a playmaker. When he's healthy and at 100%, he can be the best player on the planet.
2) They've got IT who will be PERFECT for the catch n shoot Cavs system. He's also a good playmaker.
3) They still got Love and Thompson. No problem on the boards there.
4) They got Jae Crowder, who can play SG. He can catch and shoot and is a playmaker. He may also be the one to stop the snake.
5) They got LEBRON JAMES. 'Nuff said.

Oh yeah, they still got The Pipe,

Lebron - Darko - Melo big three when?

Lelbron and Westbrook would hate each other

>When he's healthy and at 100%

Give it to me straight, is Lauri Markkanen good?

he's not even played in the nba yet, anyone who tries to give you an answer to this is straight up lying

reminders

>your team is shit
>if youre a gsw/cav fan youre a bandwagon cuck, kys
>no one gives a fuck about tripfags
>flyover states = areas without low income niggers, you mad i live in a white neighborhood poor lil black boi?
btw my wallets thicker than your head, low iq apes bahahahaha

Zero defense.

>Isaiah’s playoff performance under very difficult circumstances will live on in history, and we wish them all the best
Man fuck you. The guy gave his heart and sweat and tears to get Boston to where it is today. Then you trade him and Avery Bradley, the guy that looked out for him after his sister's death in the playoffs.

Isaiah was simply the best Celtic i ever knew (too young to really see Pierce in his prime). I'll miss him but Kyrie is the next step we need to get over the edge

>too young to really see Pierce in his prime
you were too young to follow basketball ten years ago? get the fuck out of here

bruh not all of us are grandpas like you lmao. just turned 19 and i wasnt a big b-ball growing up here in connecticut

Shootin at these niggas like I'm in the paint

>I dunno guys, I think the Cavs just got a whole lot better from this, and may entice Lebron to stick around.

>1) They've got DRose, who can drive to the basket better than anyone on that team except Lebron. He's a playmaker. When he's healthy and at 100%, he can be the best player on the planet.
>2) They've got IT who will be PERFECT for the catch n shoot Cavs system. He's also a good playmaker.
>3) They still got Love and Thompson. No problem on the boards there.
>4) They got Jae Crowder, who can play SG. He can catch and shoot and is a playmaker. He may also be the one to stop the snake.
>5) They got LEBRON JAMES. 'Nuff said.
>Oh yeah, they still got The Pipe,

That entire had such a reddit vibe. I cringed reading it

All it's missing is "thanks for reading, m'good sirs" and "edit: thanks for the gold!"

This trade seems fucking retarded as shit. Can someone try and tell me of its good for the Celtics. Isiah and a first should've been enough.

crowder was taking up space that brown and tatum needed, zizic wasn't ever that good. when bron leaves the cavs, the celtics are pretty much guaranteed to make the finals for a few years.

that's as optimistic as i can make it for the celtics.

>tfw legod uses the draft pick to pick up cousins or george, then wins the title, then gets both of them to go to LA with him next season

>acting like Boogie's style of play is still legit against the Dubs

>the amount of damage control /nba/ is unleashing

I've never seen /nba/ so shook. The east is ours hahahahah. Kyrie Irving is going to make a James Harden type jump next year in Boston. It's literally the perfect system for him

Jah okafor is 2017 eddy curry

Literally no rebounders or defenders on your team

I feel like Hinkie

Warriors Celtics broship! Get fucked Cleveland!

lel
who needs those when your 30 points ahead

>swapped his meme pg with another meme pg while getting dibs on luka doncic, signing one of the three guys in the league that could defend him and upgrading on eddy tavares

Pretty good deal for lebum. Can't wait for him to ruin it by trading the pick for Melo.

t. Baby boomer

cavs should trade the 2018 nets pick, shumpert, frye, and zizic for cousins and the 2018 pelicans pick IMHO, and then sign some of the more interesting guys left on the market like tony allen or boris diaw. cousins has no future in new orleans, who'd get a lottery pick and some sweeteners in return.

thomas/rose/calderon
smith/allen/korver
james/crowder/jefferson
love/diaw
cousins/thompson

this

Cavs would win the Finals with this team barring any injury

You finally get rid of your weakest links - mentally and physically, and locker room distraction, and a player that vastly is superior to the Warriors' player at that position. Cousins always shat on Draymond when they faced each other too so he wouldn't even be able to stop him.

(Cavs are getting Wade too, you forgot that ;) )

>;) )

}he still greentexts

NBA filthy casual here.

Why did Boston decide to blow up a team that tied for 3rd best record in the East?

They literally just got done rebuilding.

The east is shit remember, it's easy to rack up wins when every other team is trash.

Really, last years boston team was humble, but TRASH, IT literally did all the fucking work.

Lmao cousin is locker room cancer

Lelbron wont accept such cancer to the team

I'm slowly becoming okay with the Kyrie Trade. He's been my favorite player since we drafted him. Even when LeBron came back, Kyrie was still my favorite. So it sucked to see how things turned out the way they did. What's worse is the fact that he's going to play in Boston now. I hate Boston and every single Boston team.

I'd like the haul we got for him if it didn't seem like we were just getting a 1 year rental with Thomas. Even if LeBron stays, I don't know that IT will stay for anything less than max and I don't think he's worth that.

I'm also looking forward to seeing JR and Crowder play together kek

>talk about post-season and regular season
>then off-season
>act like all three are the same thing and you can predict the future with 100% certainty
?

I thought Boston was trying to get better? They literally handed the Cavs and Lebron a trip back to the finals.

pierce wasn't even the best of the big 3

Who would you say was the best of the big 3?

Rapties winning da East this year lads

Garnett > Allen >Pierce

spot on

:(

You forgot Tatum

>rookie
>good

>not finishing the old thread

SHAMEFUL

Don't doubt Tatum. Change you ways while you still can.

That's like Kyrie and Kevin Love playing well without LeBron James... Oh wait...

Spurs dominance

Black power

good riddance

Why do I exist

>Spurs dominance

Hopefully Houston gets the 4th seed so they'll face GS and the Spurs can still go to the WCF

>James stated, "being black in America is tough."

This. Size and athlecism give the warriors issues not dumbass teams trying to larp as the warriors death lineup

who would be the 3rd seed in that scenario?

Best defense is a good offense

>reporter: hi kyrie, I'm from the boston globe
>kyrie: what the fuck

Wahhh 300M is so tough

I would hope the standings at the end of the season would be like this:
>1. GSW
>2. SAS
>3.OKC
>4. HOU
>5. DEN/MIN
>6. DEN/MIN
>7. LAC
>8. LAL/SAC

At least Danny isn't paying the manlet max money.