What the fuck?

what the fuck?

Evil heroes on both sides. Like Lincoln and Davis. Both heroes, yet both evil.

Lucas wanted to create a genuine conflict of ideals in the prequels to get away from the childish good vs. evil storyline and make Anakin's temptation and fall seem real and sympathetic.
He just didn't have time to actually get around to it in between making unfunny CGI characters and filming "oops I dropped my lightsabre" shots

War! What is it good for?

Because anakin was a hero... I guess... even though he never does anything heroic and pretty much acts like a shithead and makes the wrong decision at every turn... and murders children and chokes his pregnant wife nearly to death.
O-or maybe he meant because Obi Wan fought on the side of the republic and did a shitty job training the guy everyone said not to train and so inadvertently helped the ascension of the empire - completely without his will. Maybe he's the hero on both sides? Is it Grevious?
I'm starting to think these movies might be horribly written schlock that wasn't very well thought out.

Jeff Davis rode a dapple gray, Abe Lincoln rode a mule

Blood for the blood god

Business, according to the 34th rule of acquisition.

Palpatine is the hero on his side of the war, you idiots.

>Le life is complicated motif

>yfw they devote an entire episode of The Clone Wars to that shit

Hero is a matter of your point of view

I'm not surprised Mike was too dumb to understand the poetry of that

It should have been phrased better. And the choppy short sentences read like a BBC article.

>Yessss user, yess. I am the good guy. You can tell by my puffy monster face.

Why was the makeup better in 1983 than in 2005?

Most of the CIS just wanted freedom, only the leadership was evil.

>believing in simplistic worldview of good vs evil in 2016

>There are heroes on both sides
>Just take our word it isn't just evil codgers and insane cyborgs and corrupt japs

What is it good for?

what did he mean by this?

It is that simple, and it's basically 2017.

He meant those digits.

checked

thread -> gone

George Lucas engineered Palpatine to be the good guy and the general protagonist (morally and in the sense of the guy who moves the plot along) to such an extent that he even felt compelled to add a disclaimer basically saying "btw the apparent antagonist(s) aren't necessarily 'bad', in fact they're "heroes" from a certain point of view, and also since there's evil everywhere then really nobody is particularly evil so yeah think about that as you watch this movie"
and went on to give Palpatine dialogue like
>Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the Force.

It couldn't be more obvious unless Count Dooku did the Plinkett thing and shouted out "PALPATINE'S A pretty good guy when you think about all that he's done and all that he's going to do as well as his ultimate motivations for it all. In fact you could say that he did nothing wrong".

Yeah I never really got this either but maybe I'm autistic

Was it just meant to be a sudden hushed "get him" or something?

well, to the separatists General Greivous and Darth Tyranus are heroes. "evil" is everywhere as a result of war.

growth by culling the weak.

It might have been interesting if Episode I was about the fall of Palpatine (who would have been a genuinely good guy) and II-III was about Anakin getting sucked into it (also a good guy, and he would have been an adult with a wife).

Jettison the prophecy bullshit and the "always two" Sith bullshit.

Maybe he was trying to say "Get them" and realize Dooku might be outmatched.

It only makes sense if you watch the cartoon and read 5 different EU books.

Right, but the movies never say why they're heroes. All we know about Dooku is that he wants to assassinate a Senator who is strongly opposed to violence. All we know about Grievous is that he coughs frequently and collects weapons from dead Jedi.

Dubs are a pathway to many abilities some consider... unnatural

Not a bad idea, but maybe it would be better if Episode I is still about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, but Qui-Gon becomes increasingly disillusioned with the Jedi Order throughout the movie, eventually leaving? Then he returns in Episode II as a Sith Lord, basically taking the place of Count Dooku and adding some real depth to the character because the audience knows he's an honorable guy doing bad things with good intentions (foreshadowing Anakin's fall).

Te whole concept of a hero depends on your point of view. To anakin, palpatine was a hero. How is his hero any less of a hero than anyone elses? 7

Check em'

it was a civil war where certain systems wanted to secede from the space union. there was no "good" and "evil" side, just 2 groups that wanted different things, and they were both being led by the same pace wizard nazi lich

How can you say this when the only leader we see of the "other side" is literally robot Snidely Whiplash?

>heroes on both sides = war heroes and people doing what they think is good for their side
>evil everywhere = both sides have their traitors

DON'T CHOKE ON YOUR ASPIRATIONS, user.

FORCE CHECK EM

It's all evil because both sides are controlled by Palpatine. The Jedi, the supposed guardians of peace and justice, commanded an army of slaves created under suspicious circumstances that were conveniently ready to go just in time for a war, and never investigated this.

WE COULD BE HEROES

JUST FOR ONE

*SUCKS A DICK*

*DOES A SHITLOAD OF DRUGS*

*DRESSES LIKE A COMPLETE FAGGOT FOR 5 DECADES*

DAY

Where was the robot traitor in the movie?

>Lucas wanted to create a genuine conflict of ideals

dlt this

I remember reading an interview with Liam Neeson right before phantom menace had been released, and he said something about Qui Gon falling to the dark side at the end. I remember watching the movie and wondering when that was going to happen, and then he died and I was really confused. Now that I'm an adult I learned to never trust anything that comes out of a filthy potato nigger's mouth.

Hey, fuck you man.

Isn't it obvious?

Heroes don't have to be good guys. A hero is just someone who performed great feats. Its only in more modern times where heroes became related towards the good side of morality. Plenty of heroes in ancient mythology were complete dicks

That line delivery would have been a lot better if Vader would have just said it while he was walking away or something. The turn and hand thing he does makes it kind of cringey. The line itself isn't much worse than the "Apology accepted, Captain Needa" line from Empire.

>War!

literally a 4 year old

Sheev literally did nothing wrong.

he wanted too, but he fucking failed miserably.

why even try to defend this garbage writing?

Well

He kind of did "fall to the Dark Side"

From a certain point of view