Tfw want to start a band but too insecure about my playing and writting

>tfw want to start a band but too insecure about my playing and writting

Stop being a wuss, everyone is mediocre. You might find you're better than whoever you work with.

Plus you'll know until you try.

I feel the same way but is right

You won't get good until you try it, dude. So go ahead and try it. And pretty much every great composer wrote and played often, mindfully and trying to correct their mistakes. Don't expect to get stuff right the first time.

Start a solo band

I hate this thread so much. When I was younger, I always imagined myself being in a band with 4 of my other friends where they would work on perfecting the intensity, ambience and melodic sensory of the music, and I, a shy wallflower would create beautiful poetry filled with esoteric narratives and idealism, and sing to let the poetry breathe. We could have been artists, saving the universe one step at a time.

Anyone in new York want to make a band?

Put me up in your place and we got a deal. I always wanted to move to NY

>ywn be Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd, moving to Lower Manhattan in the mid 1970s at the birth of the punk movement, creating melodic and jazzy art-punk with poetic lyrics, cementing your legacy as one of the most critically acclaimed bands from the NY scene

literally why live

if thats the case then you would never make anything worth a damn anyway so don't even try, people like you should just go work at mcdonalds or something

I don't have a place of my own so that can't work.. I wish I knew people to start a band with

>ywn make mediocre indie rock

Just tell your mom that I'm a foreign exchange student and I'll be staying with you

I don't live with my parents and I don't have a good relationship with the person I'm living with, sometimes I leave and sleep on the street when we argue

You need to be shit before you can be good, user.

Playing music is like playing Dark Souls. You just need to eat the failure and learn to enjoy it.

I could "take care" of them for you

You sound like a douche

-3/10 would not make a band with

>tfw felt like this so made low effort soundcloud mumble rap under a pseudonym and made a screamo band
feelsgood

im in ny what part of ny you live in?

Damn, I don't wanna live with a Pokeposter anyway. Best of luck in escaping your mean uncle

The city, sometimes I go to shows in Brooklyn

anyone want to make a group in aus?

Pussy

Why did no one reply to my post?

Leave it to a lyricfag to write something as atrocious as this drivel

I can't take anyone in.. I can barley keep myself in. Why can't you guys understand that.

Because its a pretty common goal I guess

Please, user. It'll only be for a little bit, at least until our band makes it big.

Song lyrics are not poetry. Every professional lyricist knows that, and I doubt actual poets care much about music

How old are you? Why don't you just go to college in new York? You'll get a dorm and stuff, I'm gonna transfer so if I get a dorm maybe I'll let you stay but it would probably be by the summer or fall

>tfw want to start a street gang but too insecure about my sexuality

>writting
You should be insecure, OP.

I'm almost 33. I just wanna get away from my wife and live in the big city. Let me know when you get your dorm and I'll be there

Ok what's your email bro

Why don't you and your wife come to nyc and we can be room mates I'll pay my share. Until then I guess we have to wait till I get a dorm

fuck i live in upstate ny

making a band with my sister. training her with the ukelele and drums first, and then she can continue that road. we listen to very similar music (ambient, folk, noise, surf) so we can easily collaborate

>needing 5 people in a band
nice subtle way of telling me you cant play an instrument. also you're writing style is verbose and pretentious

Damn