Why people always discuss the Sex Pistols and Ramones when The Damned is clearly superior?

Why people always discuss the Sex Pistols and Ramones when The Damned is clearly superior?

I too prefer the Damned, but they were way less influential than either of those bands. The Ramones laid the foundation for the modern punk sound, and the Sex Pistols were the most important band for popularizing the genre. The Damned really only stands as a significant forefather of a few underground genres, like garage punk and deathrock

The Damned

Distinctions Not Cost Effective [1980s]: More like The Darned

The Darned would be a pretty funny band name desu

First three albums are GOAT.
After Brian James left, the band turned to shit.

Why doesn't anybody talk about THE SAINTS?

The Sex Pistols, whether you like it or now, were the least influenced by pub rock and the insipient Ramones. THey sounf every much PUNk, but not in a regular, "yeahm Ramones, Stooges, Hawkwind, Stackwaddy, Ton Steine Scherben, Troggs, ETC," but in a more direct, almost non-rock/pub/freakbeat, dry, to yer ace, owning no one kinda just GO music, you know? Eveyone else seemed to have something to do, someone to look up to. I don't think the sex pistols did (besides The Jam's In The City, looooooooooooool)

Don't forget that the Sex Pistols made bands such as PiL, with all that implies. And then there's the glamesque inheritance on bands like Magazine, Bauhaus and even early THe Cure

We do you cunt you just never listen

You might've gotten trips but The Sex Pistols were a second rate WHO rip off. worse than The Clash.

Pic posted is probably the best Sex Pistols parody ever.

Yeah because the who ever wrote a song like Bodies, innit

go to bed shoddy revisionist

One day Sup Forums will become enlightened and Cobaincore will fuse together with Sup Forumscore

The first PIL album is what The Sex Pistols were SUPPOSED to sound like!

Oh, yeah?
You wot, mate?
Name your favorite song off of Eternally Yours, then, you plattie shagger!

I'm not talking about lyrical content, I'm talking musical styles!

Don't think Lazy Sod sounds like a Who song? You're not listening closely enough!

Are you Mark Prindle?

Becuase british punk is pure garbage.

Making actually good punk rock is an American thing.

And nobody ever talks about this great band either!

The ramones are mediocre as fuck tbqh.

I'll believe that when I see a serious discussion about pic posted.

No, I'm Bobby Jindle, governor of Louisiana.

This is fucking tops

BABYLON'S BURNING WITH ANXIETY...........

This album is tight. I listened to it after reading that the guitarist was Bob Mould's teacher. It might have been you who posted that. So many good bands came out of that Minneapolis scene.

ooh yeah. or electric eels

Because the Sex Pistols understood Marketing

I have pointed out on more than one occasion that Chris Osgood was Bob Mould's guitarist.

He also started Twin-Tone records, which introduced the world to Soul Asylum and The Replacements.

The Sex Pistols didn't understand shit.
It was all McClaren's scheme.