/x/core chart

Help me finish this chart Sup Forums. It's of music releases that are affiliated with unexplained mysteries.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-871230011/cross-faded-piece-of-mind
youtube.com/watch?v=J3XnAMV6hrs
f4.bcbits.com/img/a3735408238_10.jpg
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18548607/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Sylvia_Likens
youtube.com/watch?v=FBca33v8oGM
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/this-world
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe Current 93-I have a special plan for this world

would Deathconsciousness fit the theme?

Silencer is pretty spooky. Apparently the lead singer cut off his hands and replaced them with pig hoofs.

Buyer's Market

TLDR
ITT
soundcloud.com/user-871230011/cross-faded-piece-of-mind

read the op. unexplained mysteries not just creepy albums

looking for something more than just supernatural-themed. It needs to have at least an urban legend surrounding it

this works

subject matter is horrible, but nothing unexplained or supernatural

Soundtracks for the Blind contains a lot of random FBI recordings of unknown people. I mean maybe it’s a stretch but if you need any ideas there you go.
Eh I think its fair to say Buyer’s Market is unexplained mysteries considering most of it is crime related. Though I agree it’s a stretch.

>urban legend
All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling

Stan Hubbs - Crystal
Legend has it there was so much weed involved it killed him

>It needs to have at least an urban legend surrounding it
i guess when you get down to the nitty gritty Honey by the Ohio Players would count.

i'll also throw in

Gary Wilson - You Think You Really Know Me
Y. Bhekhirst - Hot in the Airport
Tonetta - 777

basically lots of outsider music

the mystery is HHH's inner workings

paul ded
tupac alive in serbia

Hans Krüsi made a Musique concrète album and nobody knows what the fuck half the sounds on it are or when it was recorded. It's mysterious shit and worth putting on there.
youtube.com/watch?v=J3XnAMV6hrs

That's a maybe. I agree that there is mystery surrounding this album (and of course, it is an urban legend), but i'm afraid that adding this will enable a rabbit hole of lost albums.

if I'm pressed to fill the chart then I will add it.

Definite mystery behind his death, added.

Honey is on my "maybe" list. It's solved.

However, Y Bhekhirst can work. There seems to be mystery behind his true identity. However, i'm afraid that adding this will (again) open a rabbit hole of anonymous artists. I'll add it if the thread dies.

this works

maybe coil - and the ambulance died in his arms, since it was the last show before balance died

If that doesn't count.I suggest Jandek

That Stalaggh record where they supposedly got mental patients to scream

I'm with user on this. Put ITAOTS on this chart.

thats all of them

That's a stretch, ill think about it

Forgot about that one. Added

Some bloke dying isn't very mysterious or supernatural. It's an arresting performance, ill give you that.

Eh, he's just a reclusive guy. Plus, his identity is known.

f4.bcbits.com/img/a3735408238_10.jpg

Do you have any information on this? If there's a legend surrounding it, or if it's connected to any ARGs I would be happy to add it.

>f4.bcbits.com/img/a3735408238_10.jpg
it's a vaporwave album

most people say it's haunted for some reason, not sure why though

What's unexplained with Bedlam in Goliath?

Does the album where they took a picture of their dead lead singer count?

On a trip in Jerusalem, Rodriguez-Lopez purchased an archaic ouija-type talking board at a curio shop as a gift for Bixler-Zavala. They would return to their tour bus after shows to play with it during their 2006 tour with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, as it quickly became the band's post-show ritual.[5] Dubbed "The Soothsayer", the board revealed stories, gave names and made demands, as the band was contacted by three different people who appeared in the form of one, who was then referred to as "Goliath". The more the band interacted with "The Soothsayer", otherworldly coincidences began plaguing the band's experience writing and recording The Bedlam in Goliath: Blake Fleming, their drummer at the time, quit mid-tour and left the band with financial troubles; Bixler-Zavala wound up needing surgery performed on his foot due to the shoes he had been wearing, forcing him to relearn how to walk post-surgery;[5] audio tracks sporadically disappeared from the studio's harddrives; Rodriguez-Lopez's home studio flooded and was subject to multiple power outages; and the album's original engineer went through a nervous breakdown, leaving behind all previous work with no notes as to where anything was.[6] The engineer who quit stated to Rodriguez-Lopez: "I'm not going to help you make this record. You're trying to do something very bad with this record, you're trying to make me crazy and you're trying to make people crazy."[7]

>On a trip in Jerusalem, Rodriguez-Lopez purchased an archaic ouija-type talking board at a curio shop as a gift for Bixler-Zavala. They would return to their tour bus after shows to play with it during their 2006 tour with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, as it quickly became the band's post-show ritual.[5] Dubbed "The Soothsayer", the board revealed stories, gave names and made demands, as the band was contacted by three different people who appeared in the form of one, who was then referred to as "Goliath". The more the band interacted with "The Soothsayer", otherworldly coincidences began plaguing the band's experience writing and recording The Bedlam in Goliath: Blake Fleming, their drummer at the time, quit mid-tour and left the band with financial troubles; Bixler-Zavala wound up needing surgery performed on his foot due to the shoes he had been wearing, forcing him to relearn how to walk post-surgery;[5] audio tracks sporadically disappeared from the studio's harddrives; Rodriguez-Lopez's home studio flooded and was subject to multiple power outages; and the album's original engineer went through a nervous breakdown, leaving behind all previous work with no notes as to where anything was.[6] The engineer who quit stated to Rodriguez-Lopez: "I'm not going to help you make this record. You're trying to do something very bad with this record, you're trying to make me crazy and you're trying to make people crazy."[7]

I know what you're referring to. Not really.

archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18548607/

That one one album cover where somebody headshot himself.I think it's a metal album

>f4.bcbits.com/img/a3735408238_10.jpg
Apparently this kills you if you start listening to it at 12:10AM. 1 minute in lads, wish me luck!

more like this?

good luck user

>not related to the music itself, does it count?
This woman was never meant to be on the cover when they took the picture.

are you sure

Put Robert Johnson on there bc of the urban legend of him selling his soul to the devil for his guitar abilities.

The Sounds of Japanese Doomsday Cults: Music by Aum Shinri Kyo Leader Shoko Asahara
two songs about death and the infinite by a guy who killed lots of people in the name of his batshit religion

Pain Teens - Born in Blood

Maybe not paranormal per se, but it's a concept album based off of this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Sylvia_Likens

Already addressed. Doesn't quite fit the bill.

Maybe. This (murder connection) was completely fabricated by the band, and was proven to be so.

That isn't true. The woman met the band backstage beforehand, and even introduced herself. Your version sounds very creepy though.

Added.

Manic street preachers-The holy bible

Current 93 - I Have a Special Plan for this World

Kauan - Sorni Nai

An album about the infamous Dyatlov Pass incident.

Simply a concept retelling another tragedy. Sorry.

Already addressed.

Added.

This is an album by Thomas Ligotti titled "This Degenerate Little Town". It's a spoken word/ambient album that talks of a town everybody seems to know exists, but nobody can seem to find except for in their dreams or when they are very close to death. The little town I believe is a metaphor for somewhere you go in the afterlife. It's definitely /x/ related, as there's a lot of mentions of religious and philosophical things, as well as the story itself focusing entirely around the mystery of the town.

youtube.com/watch?v=FBca33v8oGM
>The greatest secret, which appears in no religious doctrine and is found nowhere in the world's overburdened library of myths and fables, nor receives the slightest mention in any philosopher's system or scientist's speculation... the greatest secret, perhaps the only secret, is that the universe, all of creation, owes its existence to a degenerate little town.

Kwadrofonik & Adam Strug - Requiem ludowe
Woefully sad Polish album about death and the terror that accompanies it, with minimalist instrumental backing and soul quivering vocals

Can you summarize some of the mysteries surrounding those albums? I only know about the Mars Volta one.
>Tonetta - 777
Why?

Not quite, for the same reason as . This is simply using the event as a concept. If, say, one of the victims had an alleged folk recording shortly before his death, then that would count.

>a town everybody seems to know exists, but nobody can seem to find except for in their dreams or when they are very close to death

Is there more information on this? I might add this if that's more than a philosophical statement.

see

that one vaporglitch album that was "haunted" this one, thanks 'non

Try this

>UFO
A extra-terrestrial themed album from an artist who disappeared a few years later.

>Okkulte Stimmen
"Recordings from unseen intelligence". Allegedly has possessed children, ghost chatter, glossolalia, etc.

>Conet Project
A vast collection of number stations, which are unknown radio broadcasts. There have been theories to suggest that they're used for intelligence communications.

>KFC
An album linked to a conspiracy known as Eratas. It could be part of an ARG.

>Silencer
Lead singer allegedly sliced his hands off and sewed pigs feet to the stumps.

>Stan Hubbs
Outsider psych musician who's death is attributed to a marijuana overdose. Such a death is scientifically unheard of.

>Hans Krusi
Mysterious recordings found in the artists home. It is unknown when the album was recorded, or what were used to create the sounds.

>Stalaggh
Mental patients were allegedly recorded screaming. One patient may have attempted to murder one of the bandmates.

>Robert Johnson
An old one. An urban legend states that he sold his soul to the devil for his guitar talent.

>Shoko Ashahara
Folk music from a doomsday cult leader.

>Manic Street Preachers
Final album from lyricist Richey Edwards. His mental state deteriorated (further) after the album's release, and he soon disappeared.

Maybe. Although I have Shoko Asahara on here, so denying this may not be fair.

Puss/Oh, the Guilt from nirvana

Did people ever find out what happened to that conspiracy that involved Jurassic Park and KFC Murder Chicks?

King gizzard stuff like Murder of the Universe and Nonagon infinity, as well as some genesis tracks

How is this Ok, but is not? Talk about double standards lmao

will f#a#∞ work?

Not to mention ataraxia the unexplained

Might as well add Helter Skelter too

I didn't say it was okay, I said if the fictional town was said to be some sort of supernatural clairvoyance into peoples minds (or something similar), then i'd let it in. I'm almost certain that it's not, however.

I love the album, but no.

it was the beatles also known as the white album

OP here, I'm going to go to sleep now. Thanks to those who contributed, and sorry that I couldn't include everyone's picks.

Its ok bud. Sleep tight.

and I was just about to tell you to add a john denver album

whats that black metal album that was """"supposedly"""" only made with human bones.
also i guess the pokemon violet soundtrack shit would count

So what is this KFC Murder Chicks album and how is it relevant?

AOTY contender last year

I think you're thinking of The Secret Eye of Laylah by Zero Kama but that's a ritual ambient album

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/this-world

i disagree, i think f#a# is one of the spookiest albums, i have a tradition of listening to it every halloween

see>>

Connie Converse - how sad, how lonely
>Converse left her family home in 1974 in search of a new life and was never heard from again.

Add Makaveli - The Seven Day Theory, it's where the conspiracy that 2pac is alive stems from.

if you've included the Supposé comp, gotta have the Ghost Orchid introduction to EVP album too

Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet
It is believed Andrew got replaced after this record, and Andrew doesn't exist and was made by Steev Mike

I kinda wanna say "operation m.o.v.e" by leftover crack... That song in particular is based on the events that went down between the police of Philadelphia and the Africas.
However, l.o.c. Is mostly all centered around conspiracy and corruption anyway. That kinda fits with what you're doing here, I guess...

Common as Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood

Ramp and bamp, baby, ramp and bamp.

>still no Geogaddi

What's the mystery behind that album user?

Guitarist/songwriter was losing it, and he disappeared as soon as this was released

see

hah true

if you want a mystery to decipher.
many releases, most of them don't make any sense, some are very creepy and spooky.
some will leave you horrified and some will make you laugh like a madman.
no release by this band is like any other release by the same band.
pic related

that's not true at all lol

Giles Corey's self-titled is an obvious suggestion. Bowie has quite a few /x/-core songs (Station to Station, Quicksand, Blackstar e.t.c.), but no full albums.

how are sts and quicksand /x/-core?

The lyrics for both songs make very overt references to the occult, the Kabbalah and Gnosticism.

mfw my cousin told the same to me when I was 7yo

to this very day no one knows where she is or if she's even still alive

:)

missed that

Were you the user that posted about cc in that drake thread yesterday? Downloaded it straight ahead and I’m really digging it.

Inlighten me on why Mars Volta is on this please

Omar and Cedric bought a ouija board, did a WHOLE lot of drugs, and ended up haunted during the recording

Charles Manson - Lie, maybe?