So I just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane

So I just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane...

The movie was so good. It was intense, and suspenseful...

Then the ending happened.

Ayy lmao!!!!!!

What the fuck?

I have never seen a near perfect hour and a half film be completely ruined by the last 5 minutes, so much so that it makes me never want to watch the movie again...

What the fuck was the writer smoking?

I like how it showed John Goodman basically did nothing wrong and MEW was just an ungrateful cunt the entire time. Worst part is how the are clearly setting it up for a cinematic universe.

that pic is pretty lewd 2bh

>John Goodman basically did nothing wrong
lol nice one

damn is that fucking MEWs fucking ass? I would literally stick my tongue as far as possible in her asshole

>Caused the death of 2 people
>Hero

Was it because it was a woman killing men?

I've never seen it.

>so much so that it makes me never want to watch the movie again...
as if you're supposed to watch it twice. you tit

Movies I like, I watch multiple times you literal baboon.

I have a headcanon about that movie, it involves them cramming the shitty ending in there for market recognition, otherwise it wouldn't have been distributed or gotten known actors working on it. I prefer to disregard the ending completely and enjoy the ride.

whats wrong with the ending

you can tell abrams was involved with the ending

That's legit what happened though.

>10 Cloverfield Lane originated from an "ultra low budget" spec script penned by Josh Campbell and Matt Stuecken, titled The Cellar.[10][11] The Tracking Board included the script in "The Hit List" of 2012[11] – an annually published list of spec scripts written within the year that have impressed its voting members.[12] In 2012, Paramount Pictures bought the script and commenced further development under Bad Robot Productions for Insurge Pictures, Paramount's specialty label for films with a micro-budget. When Bad Robot became involved, the film was assigned the codename Valencia to keep exact details of the production a secret.[13]

Still a clever way of making a "sequel" while keeping it fresh and surprising audiences

man that is a great way to begin a movie

I totally agree with you OP, although I still like it based on the strength of the majority of the film. Honestly upon rewatch I think I will simply shut it off and pretend it's one of those abrupt ambiguous endings.

>the title of our movie is the ending twist

What a stupid thing to do.

Yep, very easy to fix with a fan-edit though.

>>the title of our movie is the ending twist
pls explain how it the title the twist? I thought the ayylmaos were the twist

The way the movie ends with the mailbox saying 10 Cloverfield Lane as if it's some kind of big surprise when that's the title of the fucking movie.

>Tadaa! It's actually a part of the Cloverfield universe all along! Except we already told you that!

Why wasn't it just a really great claustrophobic thriller like Panic Room or something? That ending was such random nonsense.

Have you seen Cloverfield?

It's Taylor Swift

This

someone get on it

Once you go black...

Movie should have just ended with her saying "You've got to be kidding."

Movie should've ended with her taking off the suit and breathing in.

movie should have ended in tatters on the writing room floor

That's the edited ending after JJ Abrams came on and they decided they needed to tie the movie to Cloverfield.

The original ending went more like:

>escapes John Goodman's character and gets outside
>he yells after her not to go
>she gets out inside her bunny suit and goes running
>she crests a hill and looks down at the ruined wreckage of the city
>no one's left
>he was right about everything
>she stares for awhile before slowly removing her protective helmet
>the last frames are a close-up of her lips as she breathes in the outside air
>cut to credits, leaving it ambiguous as to whether the air was safe or not, or what it was that had destroyed the city

why is MEW part of the MCU?

Such a pathetic upper half coupled with such a perfect lower half.

anything more than a handful is a waste

What the fuck was her problem?

I actually felt like the whole plot progression was really rushed. There's nothing wrong with the individual scenes, per se, but there were just too many leaps in logic and missing pieces that would have made it more believable. The movie should have been 2 and a 1/2 hours long really. but that 's what you get when you're supposed to be appealing to memenillals I guess.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT

Its not really going to be a "cinematic universe". Its going to be an anthology like twilight zone with a bunch of different end of the world scenarios.

The ayylmaos werent' too bad

The defeating an ayylmao ship with a molotov was really silly

I don't really get the complaint. The movie wasn't good enough to warrant the ending "ruining" it. I don't see how having alliums ruins the tension or drama I side the bunker at all. The movie had to end either with ayys or there being nothing wrong at all, and I don't really see how one is necessarily better than the other.