I don't think I've ever been this disappointed by a show...

I don't think I've ever been this disappointed by a show. I don't even care that the surprise twists were kind of obvious and the internet figured them out halfway through. The last episode was just terrible. I think every episode was worse than the last. What a promising start, too. Hopkins was great but there are plot holes and contrivances everywhere and it basically became action shlock at the end. This is like when Lost completely shit the bed but it happened over the course of a single season. Jesus Christ.

It was shit.

>Hopkins was great but there are plot holes and contrivances everywhere and it basically became action shlock at the end.

I think Hopkins was the first clue that the show was going to be terrible

Very early on he had a huge impact every time he appeared. Then after a couple of episodes it felt like he was being overused.

At that stage I didn't hate the show yet but I remember thinking "Have they somehow made Anthony Hopkins boring to watch?"

>every episode was worse than the last.

I thought the first episode was shit. Guess ill stop watching now? Lol

I was glued to every scene of his and twiddling my thumbs whenever he wasn't on screen but maybe I'm just a big Anthony Hopkins fan.

Depends on what you didn't like about it.

>Hopkins was great but there are plot holes and contrivances everywhere and it basically became action shlock at the end

What plotholes?

I disagree and think the show is great and op is a niggerfaggot

Was Arnold a host? Did Ford produce consciousness by way of a more powerful host error-correcting process between Arnold and Dolores?

>m-m-muh mystery box
Fuck you JJ you fucking asshole.

What happened to Elsie and Stubbs? I get that it was supposed to be left open for season 2 but what an awkward jarring place to leave it at.

Why did Ford make Bernard shoot himself if he was just going to have Maeve bring him right back again?

And most importantly, why did the techs do none of the EXTREMELY OBVIOUS things they could have done at countless different opportunities to prevent what happened with Maeve? If they had turned out to be hosts or something that might have at least made sense, although it would have been lame.

I think there were other issues but I can't think of them at the moment...

For me, the most egregious thing about the show is how fucking despicable every human character in it seems to be. This feels like it was written by a bitter, edgy teenager who wanted to set out to expose how terrible everyone who wasn't him was (except, of course, for the beta bitch scientist who's totally cool because he lets himself be utterly dominated by the robots).

Hopkins should be a walker on The Walking Dead. He just mumbles his lines and doesn't give a fuck like he just woke up 2 minutes ago. I heard that he's bipolar. Maybe his psych should reassess his dosage?

spoiler alert
humans tend to be shitter than virtuous
it's no wonder everyone wants to tear down the virtuous characters

I respect your difference of opinion but will object to the latter part of your statement as it happens to be inaccurate since I am not African American or homosexual. However, I can understand the confusion since this is an anonymous image board in which the nature of our identities is deliberately kept ambiguous.

I like the idea of having the show really be about the nature of people but they just didn't handle it very well.

If the show wanted to be about human nature, then the human characters should seem human, and not like one-note grotesques.

You know, something that much better HBO shows managed to do without waxing philosophical about consciousness every five minutes.

>Elsie

she dead.

>Stubbs

possibly not dead? i doubt he died offscreen so he's probably coming back if there's an s2 with tom hardy's haircut from the revenant.

they were my favorites, wish they had more time to grump at each other. it bothered me that a lot of the mystery from the first half of the season is completely negated by the whole bernie's a robot thing

felix, the one virtuous character gets shat on. what does that tell you about people faggot

I think you are overthinking the shows scope. Its not about all aspects of human nature, its specifically about humans attitude towards artificial "consciousness". Humans would never treat robots better than they treat any other machines( I know I never would), and, if for one reason or another, these machines can fight back, then a conflict is inevitable.

Notice how the characters all kind of speak in the same manner? The annoying British writer, Elsie, and Theresa are all the same sort of sassy pragmatists who swear like sailors.

I was also disappointed by the fact that in the end Ford is just like "Yeah I realized Arnold was right about everything," because the idea of there being two conflicting ideologies going on between the creators was interesting, especially the idea of the conflict continuing even posthumously.

>Why did Ford make Bernard shoot himself if he was just going to have Maeve bring him right back again?
He was a liability after he found out his origin. Bernard needed to be contained from that moment until Maeve finds him. Ford could have imprisoned him, but an easier way is to just have him shoot himself. After all its pain that creates consciousnesses .

If Elsie's dead, why did they keep coming back to that shot of Arnold grabbing her and then so conspicuously cut away before we really see what happens? It felt to me like they were setting something up and I was just mystified by the complete lack of that plot thread being mentioned even once in the final episode. Just seems like lackadaisical writing to me.

>Ford could have imprisoned him, but an easier way is to just have him shoot himself.

Easier than simply deactivating him with a single sentence?

Making him shoot himself also takes a single sentence

Yes but you don't have to repair a giant hole in his head for no reason.

Its possible they were trying to make a sequel hook, but simply assuming Elsie died doesn't change the plot in any way. I don't see how its a plothole.

Maeve had to do the repairing and it didnt look too hard. Also, like I said, its always a good idea to make them go through some extra pain and betrayal.

i read that as their way of showing that ford had been using arnold as a murderbot for a while.

but i'd be stoked if i was wrong and she comes back with mini-hemsworth and his giant arms in s2 with a clan of savages. he was tracking her phone when he got grabbed.

>I was also disappointed by the fact that in the end Ford is just like "Yeah I realized Arnold was right about everything," because the idea of there being two conflicting ideologies going on between the creators was interesting, especially the idea of the conflict continuing even posthumously.

But you still have the same conflicting ideologies. Ford represents Arnold, and pretty much everyone represents Old Ford.

Sure, I wouldn't file it under 'plot hole' so much as entirely dropped plot thread.

Everyone else is clearly wrong though. There's not an ideological conflict when every even vaguely sympathetic character on the show is on the same side. Then it's just good vs evil.

Jumped the shark when r/asianmasculinity wanted an ai gf

Horrendous writing

>Maeve had to do the repairing and it didnt look too hard.
Yes, but why bother doing it at all?
>Also, like I said, its always a good idea to make them go through some extra pain and betrayal.
So why not just put that in his backstory or something? Why critically damage and then repair him hours later? I mean, he did put awful stuff in his backstory. So that wasn't quite enough pain in his life for some reason, he just needed a little bit more betrayal? Seems like a stretch if you ask me.

s n e k still best girl

Sure the show takes a side, but I don't see how the audiences are forced to take a side too. The way Ford made Bernered murder the old lady was pretty sad, and she was not obviously evil or anything.

I think the showrunners feared the audiences wont sympathies with a bunch of robots and went a bit overboard in making them appear sympathetic, but I dont think the new Dolores+Wyatt is supposed to be outright heroic.

In the title sequence Deloris is wearing black and riding a horse so she's obviously set to become the bad guy.

I can't believe how bad they bungled William's transition to becoming MIB

In episode 8 he's still basically completely virtuous and then in episode 9 he mutilates and cuts the limbs off of like 40 dudes

How come he was allowed to do that anyway, the park made it perfectly clear in the 2nd episode or whatever that you're not allowed to go on sprees unless you're a VIP or something, and Will definitely wasn't at that point