Is folk the most patrician genre?

Is folk the most patrician genre?

Also someone really needs to bring back neofolk minus the gay and Nazi shit

I remember seeing a neofolk alignment chart on here several years ago. Does anyone have it?

>bring back
it was never "there" to begin with.

And its productive peak was in the 2000s judging from the amount of releases.

Also most neofolk is pretty bad once you remove the homoeroticism and the nazi imagery.

I mean neofolk is pretty much just boring-ass folk music with reverb, crooning goth macho vocals and some martial elements like toot-toots and marching drums.

Without the homosex and the nazism, you're left with gling-glong guitars that have a little bit of reverb

ultra-boring

>I’ve never listened to any neofolk beyond Death In June: the post

ernst rohm reincarnated

Actually I have. Some of Josef Maria Klumb's neofolk albums, some Blood Axis, some Träume, a couple of other projects I don't remember, and a bit of Current 93, a couple of Rome songs. All things considered Death in June was probably the most interesting I've heard in the genre.

I felt no need to dig any deeper into it, seeing how everything I've heard was EXACTLY as I described.

Neofolk should be confined to interludes between martial industrial songs, like how you'd put a power ballad in a hard rock album. That's the only context that enables it to feel fresh and interesting. An entire album's worth of neofolk usually gets boring by the halfway point, because it becomes increasingly obvious that neofolk can only sound cool when it includes elements of martial industrial and can barely stand on its own merits.

Does anyone have any recs for good non-nazi neofolk?

Rome

Spiritual front is non-nazi but some albums are gay as fuck. Armageddon gigolo and old piano albums are a must IMO.

Of the Wand and the Moon
Forseti
Darkwood
Falkenstein
Agnar
Coil
Nest
Current 93
Kiss the Anus of a Black Cat (folk rock with neofolk themes / lyrics)

>neofolk minus the gay and Nazi shit
But that's the best part. Also Current 93.

it os, thats why i only listen to folk punk xDDDDDDD

>minus the gay and Nazi shit
So what your saying is you don't want any neofolk

:O

Is Angels Of Light neofolk?

It's Girafolk or (post-Swans)-folk

setting the sillyness and joking aside, i'd say Angels of Light is more folk than neofolk

WhiteLight and Love of Life is what i'd call neofolk

and no.. The Burning World is not folk... that is country music

Give it 1 or 2 years and it will probably be brought back. Sadly, the nazi shit is coming back too.

>bring back
Are you for real? Neofolk is as alive as it ever was.

As an avid fan of the genre I disagree, as personally I find martial industrial to be terribly boring while neofolk seems very relaxing and hypnotic to me, which is what I look for in music. Coupled with the lyrics, which adequately reflect the disillusionment of a growing mass of people with the materialistic conception of the world that has taken hold of popular culture, it creates a sort of timelessness that most other genres are lacking imo. This is of course truest for the German tradition (Forseti, Nebelung, Inneres Gebirge) as synthesizers (which tend to sound dated after a few years) are absent for the most part. I also don't like the hokey cowboy harmonies that dominate most of Americanised rock music, so that's another reason why I like neofolk.

Avoid Von Thronstahl, Luftwaffe and stuff that is not actually neofolk but right-wing liedermacher folk like Agnar and Sleipnir. Neofolk isn't actually "nazi", not even Blood Axis or Death In June. It should be obvious why this sort of music is appealing to neo-nazis though and why most musicians don't really have a problem with that.