COVERAGE:
>sbnation.com/college-football
>247sports.com
>collegefootballnews.com
>underdogdynasty.com

>Kickoff on August 26

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273142390
whsv.com/content/sports/Kloosterman-five-other-JMU-players-suspended-for-season-opener-440966773.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_non-football_programs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first

>season almost upon us

I'll miss the banter while these threads are slow.

>Aggerz
>'Bama, duh
>Texas Bowl, because 7-6, 8-5, 9-4, or 10-3

>Your team
ECU
>Biggest game
All the OOC games are big: VA Tech, WVU, BYU, and even the FCS game is against JMU. Even the USF regular season game could have the playoffs on the line.
>bowl prediction
I think a lot of folks are sleeping on ECU. '16 was an uncharacteristically bad season. The Pirates could be the trap game on a lot of schedules. It all depends on how much the Defense shaped up in the off season, the Offense never had a problem lighting up the board.

I'll call it a 6-6 season with a low tier bowl win against a MAC babby or C-USA team.

>Ohio State
>THE GA*E, you know the one.
>Winning the Natty in swift fashion to correct the *istake fro* last season

>in 63 hours I will be watching a college football game

Go team

shit map

What are the games for this weekend? Anything non shit tier?

>Kansas
>Probably KState @ home, but @ Texas will be fun for the memes
>lol whats a bowl game

Why 2013-2017?

Why not like 1990-2017

It's all garbage to be desu but I don't care, I will watch anything after the offseason. Oregon State/Colorado State might be decent and it's the first game of the day. Stanford/Rice is in Australia so it has something memey going for it. I'm watching South Florida/San Jose State so I can see what all the South Florida posters have been shilling.

UCLA will determine the course of the season and probably Sumlin's future.

That'll be quite the game, but I'm not gonna overreact after just 1 game. Hopefully our AD won't overreact, either.

>Your team
BYU
>Biggest game
LSU or Utah
>bowl prediction
Fiesta/Peach/Cotton

>Your Team
Nebraska
>Biggest game
Either Oct. 7 against Wisconsin, or Oct. 14 against Ohio State, both at home. Probably lose both games honestly.
>Bowl Prediction
Holiday Bowl against Washington State

>pic related
>Alabama
>Playoff appearance unless we spaghetti a game away to ass U or something

Quick! Answer these!

>Who would he coach for?

>What has been your worst loss?

That looks comfy

how comfy can you really be surrounded by people wearing special underwear though

Fire your AD.

They 2017 schedule is going to end with a bunch of coma patients shambling to the end of the season.

BYU robbed their way to 1 natty, they won't get another.

BYU will never be Notre Dame.

>UF
>FSU (or Bama if we make the SECCG again)
>Citrus/Outback

Does Ole Miss have a real coach yet?

>Your team
App State

>Biggest game
Week 1 @ Georgia (if we win we likely go undefeated)

>Bowl prediction
New Orleans Bowl vs the C-USA champ

i wish i lived in utah

>He strikes me as a Michigan kind of guy

>not my teams loss but good damn what a way to send off the OB espn.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273142390

>New Orleans Bowl vs the C-USA champ

If App runs the table, there's a real chance they'll threaten the NY6.

It just depends on how things shake out in the AAC.

Lamb needs to find his legs this season. I never liked how he scrambled.

Because whoever made it's favorite team probably wasn't in the top 5 if he went back another year.

I can't decide if 2016 taught the NY6 committee that an undefeated G5 schedule =/= an NY6 berth after the booty blasting WMU caught,

Or if WMU's berth was proof that the committee will always choose an undefeated G5 team, regardless of strength of schedule, for the NY6 berth.

>Baylor
>@TCPoo (it's at least the most realistic "big game")
>Independence (formerly Poulan Weed-Eater, still referred to as Weedwacker)

>On par with Texas
>Above TCWho
>Sic 'em

Team: Texas Tech
Game: Okie State at home I guess.
Bowl: >

Who else >losing to a FCS team first weekend lads?

>Who else >losing to a FCS team first weekend lads?

Pls No. ECU opens the season against JMU.

georgia fan here wassup

>The original OSU
>The Civil War
>bowl?

Both Eastern Washington's head coach and offensive coordinators left to be ocs in the Pac-12
You'll be fine

Not sure about you paths
Glad you're okay

>Not sure about you paths

JMU lost some players to suspension, so that helps a lot.

whsv.com/content/sports/Kloosterman-five-other-JMU-players-suspended-for-season-opener-440966773.html

>Glad you're okay

thanks bud.

But James Madison was just so good last year
Their coach should be a candidate for a FBS job next year

>Their coach should be a candidate for a FBS job next year

The whole program is a candidate for FBS.

They already spend mid-tier FBS money on their program.

That doesn't really mean much now
Last year's James Madison team was probably the best FCS team I've ever seen

>wvu

well the biggest game certainly isn't the ass crack conference OOC game

probably @OU at the end of the year. OU should be in the playoff if they dont lose to wvu in the last game of the season

>WVU

ECU, WVU, and VT are all playing each other in the first 3 weeks.

If ECU was able to get the defense back on track, that could be a fun little series for all 3 schools. ECU has already embarrassed VT 2 of the past 3 times they played.

>ECU's current coach isn't giving me a lot of confidence though

Why did your coach bench the guy from Duke he coached?

Is there any college in the NCAA, where his football team is a total failure and unpopular and where men's soccer team is the most important, the most popular and the most often?

>witnessed

I have NO IDEA. The """"""starting"""""" QB got a lot of snaps last year and he was terrible. I've been throwing shade all day on Facebook about the decision.

I think the Duke QB, Sirk, will get put in really fast. Probably the first pick that Minshew throws.

>OR the pressure will make the starting QB perform, and that's ok too.

Yes
There are plenty of programs that have men's soccer but not football
But we've already told you that plenty of times Fernando

Litteraly our year brehs

>I've been throwing shade all day on Facebook

*the official ECU Athletics facebook page, that it. I already have quite a few replies, but no one has made a convincing argument against Sirk yet.

Didn't realize you guys had Tyson Dye
Didn't he have two fumbles at the goal line for Clemson last year?

Meant for paths

And is there a non-football NCAA college, where the men's soccer team is the most important, the most respected, the most winning and the most popular?

>Didn't realize you guys had Tyson Dye

>Didn't he have two fumbles at the goal line for Clemson last year?

Yes, and yes. ECU also had some REALLY embarrassing red zone turnovers last year without him, especially at South Carolina, so maybe he will fit in.

ECU also picked up Wiggins on Defense from Clemson, and a D lineman from Minnesota. It was a good off season of recruiting for transfers.

But the problem with that kind of recruiting is the short amount of time for the offense to gel before the season starts. They won't even get an easy FCS game to tune up against a live defense, either. It's make or break out of the gate with JMU first up.

University of Denver

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_non-football_programs

Friendly reminder to ignore the Costa Rican turbo autist, he posts this stupid shit in every general

Coca Cola assets>Costa Rica GDP

Denver's on there
Creighton is probably a better program than Denver but they're pretty good at basketball

Costa Rica is fun, but it's barely a real country.

They don't even have a military.

Just a bunch of eco-hippies.

Have more

Denver litteraly just one the ncaa championship for hockey I don't think anyone gives fuck all about there soccer program

>you'll never be Notre Dame
Thank god for that. First, fuck Catholicism. Second, I'd hate to be a fan of a consistently underachieving team. Also, BYU can hang with every team on their schedule. They may not beat them all, but they'll play each one tough.

Utah is the definition of /comfy/

Answer your king!

All of the southwest is

Buffs.

>1 day and a wake-up until kickoff, friends.

post some BASED pump up videos

>All this hype
>We will still lose to OSU and some shitty team we should be beating

>All this hype
Not even preseason top 10.

>8 point loss
>booty blasting

reminder that Lamar Jackson won the heisman and there's noting whiny Clemson bitches can do about it

I think the natty was a sufficient consolation prize

Is today the wake up before a wake up friend?

Harbaugh will never get over the hump. He never has. Just like his mentor Bo.

YOUR SHIT

If you go 12-0, you're not going to the NOB.

Even if you don't, you're not going to the NOB. Lately bowls have been more about who's geographically closeby, you'd probably play some other smaller bowl on the east coast.

It doesn't matter. If you finish in the top 15, and you are more highly ranked than a P5 champ, you're in. Regardless.

It doesn't matter that they were undefeated, just that they capped such a high ranking.

Honestly it shouldn't have been them, but Houston shit the bed and no MW team was able to climb that high. A problem which will likely be corrected in 2017.

>Your team
Virginia Tech
>Biggest game
Clemson at home, but the most important game will probably be @ Miami
>bowl prediction
Camping World Bowl (Formerly Russel Athletic Bowl, formerly Champs Sports Bowl)

Hello Amerifriends, can someone explain why college [american] football is such a big deal in the US? Here in the UK we have university leagues for football but literally nobody cares except the teams themselves and the mates of the players, they're not even televised much less being the huge deal that college [american] football seems to be

Is it because people can't really connect to the professional teams the way people do in the UK here?

Minnesota will win the B1G in the next 3 years

who is making the comeback this year

a.) Oregon
b.) Michigan St
c.) Notre Dame
d.) none of these keks

e.) Nebraska
f.) Miami

>Your team
USC. The real one in LA, not the shitty redneck jamboree in South Carolina. Who here is /USCVillage/?

>Biggest game
UCLA. Fuck UCLA

>bowl prediction
We winning it all this year, baby

>Georgia Southern
>@ Auburn or @ App State (muh rivalry)
>honestly no idea

Despite the rivalry, App State has one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever seen.

>>Your team
Buffalo
>>Biggest game
Idk they've only got one major conference opponent, @ Minnesota in Week 1. Week 2 is at Army so I might actually be able to attend it.
>>bowl prediction
:(

A combination of a sparse populations and how college came first

g.) T E X A S

It's a lot cozier compared to sterile NFL football where they tailgate in parking lots and don't even have bands.

>Florida
>LSU or FSU
>Orange
Go Gators

The NFL has only 32 teams (like 30 cities), college football is more akin to EPL (though without pro/rel), as there are 130 teams at the top level, then another four levels below that.

In the NFL, you can lose 7 games in your 16-game season and still make the playoffs.

In CFB, if you lose one game, you're likely fucked.

Good times.

bonus points if you can at least mention the team this fella was on. (hint , he's serving ten years for failure to register as a pedophile)

>your team
Michigan State
>biggest game
Probably Notre Dame and/or Michigan. We might win against the Irish, but I expect to get spanked by Ann Arbaugh.
>bowl prediction
I have no clue, a piddley bowl that shouldn't exist.

>there are 130 teams at the top level
Is this what non-P5 programs tell themselves?

Also the players are younger and therefore less developed mentality and physically. In the NFL, defensive players are bigger, faster and more disciplined, which means some offensive schemes simply won't work in the NFL like they do in CFB. This also means upsets are much more common compared to the NFL. Which isn't fun if you are a fan of a top team but is fun if you aren't.

>he doesn't know

Yep.

>exception to the rule

Can there really be upsets in the NFL?
They're all basically Real Madrids
Even with the 18-1 game the Giants only lost to the Pats in the regular season by 3 and held the lead in the 4th

That doesn't really compare with shit like the Boise-Oklahoma game, not even to mention App St-Michigan