twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eleanor Rigby a shit

TEMPORARY SECRETARY
TEMPORARY SECRETARY

>paul getting stabbed when?

Is that even his kid?

>using an image of Faul McCartney to start a thread about Paul McCartney

he ded

>implying we're not all glad cuck paul died so that the world would be graced with chad faul's presence and genius
get fucking real m8

Best Beatle and best solo.

>God tier
McCartney
Ram
Wild Life
Band On The Run
London Town
Back To The Egg
McCartney II
Flaming Pie

>Good tier
Venus & Mars
Wings at the Speed of Sound
Tug of War
Chaos & Creation in the Backyard
Electric Arguments

>Ok tier
Red Rose Speedway
Pipes of Peace
Flowers in the Dirt
Off The Ground

>Shit tier
Give My Regards To Broad Street
Press To Play
Driving Rain
Memory Almost Full
NEW

>the guy who stabbed George is hot
why
Yeah, it's Stella.
The Faul theory is so fucking funny to me because it implies that some shmuck that looked like Paul McCartney was this all star musician who would go on to write songs like Back Seat of My Car, Here There and Everywhere, Fool on the Hill, I mean it's so silly it's like who the fuck would want original Paul?
>Ram
def god tier
>McCartney
This is more of a 7/10 for me I think, very good songs though.
>Wild Life
What? This is a fun record but not a stand out for me.
>Memory Almost Full
What the fuck? That's literally one of his best albums ever. Incredibly good output for late career Paul. But hey if you don't like it that's fine I'm just surprised.

Ram [Apple, 1971]

"Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" is a major annoyance. I tolerated Paulie's crochets with the Beatles because his mates balanced them out. I enjoyed them on "McCartney" because their scale was so modest. I actively enjoy them on "Moonberry Monk Delight" because it rocks! But the rest of the songs are so lightweight that they practically float away even as Paulie layers them down with caprices. For God's sake, if you're going to be eccentric, at least don't be pretentious about it. B-

>Yeah, it's Stella
The picture should be from about 1972 then.

Oh shit, I meant Mary.

Then 1970 since she looks to be about six months to a year old there.

How come all of the Beatles' and Stones' kids became lame photographers and fashion models?

worst beatle
john will always numba 1

reminder that faul is a much better artist than paul

I have to agree solo Beatles are pretty bad and overrated.

Flaming Pie is GOAT

>Driving Rain
>Memory Almost Full
>NEW
>shit

WRONG

Unsurprisingly, Cuckgau loved solo Lennon

>Plastic Ono Band [Apple, 1970] Of course the lyrics are often crude psychotherapeutic cliches. That's just the point, because they're also true, and John wants to make clear that right now truth is far more important than subtlety, taste, art, or anything else. At first the music sounds crude, too, stark and even perfunctory after the Beatles' free harmonies and double guitars. But the real music of the album inheres in the way John's greatest vocal performance, a complete tour of rock timbre from scream to whine, is modulated electronically--echoed, filtered, double-tracked, with two vocals sometimes emanating in a synthesis from between the speakers and sometimes dialectically separated. Which means that John is such a media artist that even when he's fervently shedding personas and eschewing metaphor he knows, perhaps instinctively, that he communicates most effectively through technological masks and prisms. A

>Imagine [Apple, 1971] Primal goes pop--personal and useful. The title cut is both a hymn for the Movement and a love song for his wife, celebrating a Yokoism and a Marcusianism simultaneously, and "Gimme Some Truth" unites Lennon unmasked with the Lennon of Blunderland wordplay as it provides a rationale for "Jealous Guy," which doesn't need one, and "How Do You Sleep?," which may. "Oh Yoko!" is an instant folk song worthy of Rosie & the Originals and "I Don't Want to Be a Soldier" an instant folk extravaganza worthy of Phil Spector. "It's So Hard" is a blues. "Crippled Inside," with its "ironic" good-time ricky-tick, is folk-rock in disguise. And the psychotherapeutically lugubrious "How?" is a question mark. A

Also, how the fuck can someone come to the conclusion that Paul was the pretentious one?

It's actually Mary McCartney in his coat.

He was personal friends with Lennon and Yoko Ono, he had a big degree of bias there.

Seeming as most of his lyrics were fabricated stories and generally disingenuous...

are you saying that lyrics should only be about autobiographical personal experiences?

No it can be about whatever they want.

But it will also be disingenuous if it isn't, and you need to accept that

who fucking cares?

>who fucking cares about honesty in art?

She's ok, not amazingly good-looking.

this is fucking retarded, are all fictional novels and movies also dishonest? what is wrong with wanting to tell a story?

It's pretentious

oh, so you're just trolling, got it

Not really. See Calm down putthurt paulfag

>McCartney has admitted that he no longer smokes marijuana. "I'm a father and a grandfather. I need to set a good example for them. Back when the kids were young and not aware of what was going on, I could get away with smoking it."

youtube.com/watch?v=zPTKv26G4p4

absolute banger

Goddamn RAM is overrated holy shit

Solo Beatles as a whole are colossally overrated.

No, some deserve the praise.

But to say RAM is the greatest album of the 70s is infantile.

Took me years to realize that this is easily top 3 Macca

Also how many of you have seen Paul live? I've seen him twice (2010 and 2016)

Yeah saw him in 2016. It was ok

He still has a lot of energy for his age, but he's done as a singer.

I didn't even think he was that energetic though.

JUST

By definition, you're the pretentious one.

Ram is the best rock album of all time.

This pic is so comfy

Four times.
>April 11, 2002
>July 9, 2014
>July 25, 2017
>July 26, 2017

How so?
It's not even the best Mecca album

Mecca is a city with rich tradition. Not relevant to the topic of Paul McCartney though.

Are you intentionally being a retard, or...?

>Hot take
Silly Love Songs and Goodnight Tonight are two of Paul's best songs

youtube.com/watch?v=wh15LOppcWQ

youtube.com/watch?v=DRCgueckAXE

Its the only way to communicate with actual retards. Sorry buddy, I'm trying.

I love both of these songs. How about top 5 most underrated Macca songs? I want to add Soily, Mamunia, and Some People Never Know also but I have keep this list under control.

>Old Siam Sir
youtu.be/EmycuzXkcFg
>Beware My Love
youtu.be/DIVPocnve_8
>Mumbo
youtu.be/HOl9qyEqKko
>Daytime Nighttime Suffering
youtu.be/Ee5m_lEJe64
>Love In Song
youtu.be/8kD2kUsZ68M

what a shit take.

Old Siam Sir and Daytime Night Time Suffering are so awesome! I wasn't really aware of those other ones but good choices.

>Its the only way to communicate with actual retards
No, you're speaking to me

Try again with an actual argument

Thanks for continuing to bump the Paul thread :)

No problem

Now try again with an actual argument

I've listened to McCartney, ram, and band on the run. where do I go from here?

Red Rose Speedway
McCartney
Venus and Mars

No one is here to argue with you. Kill yourself.

Wild Life. Just go in order.

why this dude got mad stars

They're gonna make a Big Star out of him

What is the WORST McCartney album?
Press To Play is pretty bad. Paul in general started a downhill trend in the 80s after the break up of Wings and John's death.

McCartney II and Wildlife are also both bad.

Press to Play is indeed pretty bad, but not as bad as it could have been.
I find it interesting how many beloved boomer musicians released really bad albums in 1986. Off the top of my head I can also think of the Stones, Young, Dylan, and Reed.

What Wings albums should I listen to? Nver listened to them before

Band on The Run is probably their best

>I find it interesting how many beloved boomer musicians released really bad albums in 1986. Off the top of my head I can also think of the Stones, Young, Dylan, and Reed.

Christgau's defense of these awful mid-80s Stones and Dylan albums also leaves me scratching my head.

Wild Life
Band On The Run (especially this one)
London Town
Back To The Egg

Wings Greatest and Wingspan are good places to start too. They went from a Folky Soft Rock band to a Disco band, to a New Wave band, so theres some diversity among their stuff.

Shit opinion.

They just grew up, got rich and made yacht rock. What's not to understand?

Nothing. It's pretty self explanatory.

Then why scratch your head or find it interesting?

What? I said Press To Play is my least favorite McCartney album.

And yet, Graceland came out in 86, so...

Read the thread before posting.

I found it mildly interesting that it was all in the same year. I'm deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart for bringing it up.

What?

>attacked by a soundcloud rapper

He respond to Lennon's death by wishing that Paul had been killed instead

It was actually his wife's quote, but he was autistic enough to publish it.

Well, he's not wrong. Have you heard McCartney II?

He and his wife deserve each other, they really do.

Yeah, it's far superior to anything John or George ever did after the Beatles.

9/10

Nah

Xgau's reviews are interesting, even entertaining. You'd have to be stupid to take anything an art critic has to say seriously though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ALL YOU HORRRSE RIDERRRRRS

Were you born with shit taste, or learn it from someone on Sup Forums?

jerry temporary

Why is the production on that album so bad? It sounds like it was recorded on a portable cassette recorder.

What do you think a Beatles reunion album would have sounded like? Serious question. Let's say John didn't get shot in 1980 and the four all got back together and put out an album.

Would John and Paul dominate it? And have it sound like the music they were putting out around that time? Would George have more input?

>What do you think a Beatles reunion album would have sounded like?
Listen to the John half of Double Fantasy, Tug of War and Somewhere In England.

That's what it would have been like.
>Would George have more input?
It would probably be equal parts John, Paul and George.

McCartney II [Columbia, 1980]

Paulie's 1970 DIY sounded homemade--its unfinished musings intimated an appealingly modest freedom. This one was recorded on a sixteen-track with an engineer in attendance. The instrumentals are doodles, the songs demos by a man who scores the occasional hit only to prove he's a genius. Which he isn't. C

I wonder if it would of sounded like shit. Like it easily could have.

Well, I mean, do you think those three albums sound like shit?