Why does Rogue One have such shitty useless bad guys...

Why does Rogue One have such shitty useless bad guys? The Stormtroopers die in massive wave assaults where they kill one rebel fighter for every hundred they lose. How am I meant to believe that the rebels are the underdog good guys if they kill thousands of their enemies so easily?

Rogue One seriously makes me feel bad for the Empire, they get shit on at every turn.

The movie isn't written well if the good guys only win because of how shitty the bad guys are. The goodies should win because of how good they are. It triggers me to no end when I see this movie getting amazing reviews.

The good guys are completely and totally wiped out.

Tarkin was incredibly competent.

watch episode iv, the scroll literally says this is the first rebel victory.

>Its another longwinded shill implies we paid for MouseShit episode

gfy

Notice that each character dies a heroic death and only after they complete an important task
>pilot plugs the thing into a thing
>c3p-quip locates the plans, holds off storm troopers, locks door
>donni-yen is one with the force and flips the switch
>heavy weapons guy has moment of catharsis, believes in force, avenges Donni yen
>cassian mcaccent and Jyn transmit plans, die embracing on beach, (somehow) knowing they won

Each death is clean. Each death "was worth it". And for each of their deaths, there is a hundred faceless imperial moons who get mowed down.
This is not a gritty war movie, it is an uplifting propaganda piece.

>Tarkin was incredibly competent.
-Prisoner escapes
-Plans get stolen
-Deathstar destroyed

With officers that competent no wonder the empire fell

Incredibly competent at making the main antagonist look like a faggot bitch.

Every time he was told a basic plot point he realized why it was happening and made the best decision to prevent it from becoming a problem. His subordinates failed, not him.

If anything this movie is a pro-ISIS propaganda piece, but the American Empire's "death star" is distributed across several silos in Iowa and other fly-over states as well as a few nuclear submarines. Let's not forget the plane-mounted nukes either.

Say what you want about the movie, it has a decent nuclear apocalypse scene.

op is 100% correct. the empire is utterly incompetent in this film and also in most other star wars movies. its no wonder darth vader starts killing his officers in empire strikes back. id be pissed too.

i just saw this last night. it was okay but nothing revolutionary. what really annoyed me was the damn robot. comic relief over done.

He was there only for the purpose of being bullied by Tarkin and Vader and made them look cool in comparison. This is the only problem this movie had about nostalgia pandring, the rest was kept surprisingly on a low key, especially if we compare it to TFA.

Talking about stormtroopers dying, am I the only one who gets a little disturbed by their deathcount? I don't know why, but the sheer numbers of their ranks dying strikes me when it's combined with a tone that says it's a good thing. Like, two imperial flagship clash on each other and they fall on the orbital station above the planet; and all this happened with an happy fanfare playing in the background. Just think how many thousands of orphans the rebels created in two minutes.

Did you miss the second half of the Scariff battle where all the main characters, all the rebels on the beach, and nearly the entire rebel fleet get annihilated?

Tbf the rebels were fighting a bunch of engineers. The only Imperial military leader was Tarkin

I played this movie 6 years ago, but then we called it Halo Reach.

I don't get it.

This Krennic was hyped up so much in the trailers but was just a nerd and most of his scenes from the trailers didn't even make rhe movie

The story and the function of the movie mimics Halo Reach, which was a prequel that ended exactly where the original story started and where all the main cast dies to get a piece of information to the good guys.

In this movie it was the plans for the Death Star, in Halo it was Cortana iirc.

Woah, apples and oranges are the same fruits then since they're circular.

>having the military commander of a deathstar take over the deathstar and engage in imperial power plays is nostalgia pandering.

What? I dont get this logic. Its like saying hitler showing up in a ww2 geemany movie is nazi pandering.

Sup Forums is a website for 18+ only.

Go back to Cracked, faggot.

i didn't realize until halfway through the flick that the commander of the death star was CGI. Still don't know why that was necessary though...

Lighten up. I just saw the likeness between the two, and you can't deny I'm right.

WATCH IT LEIA

Fuck off kid.

Kerric is the worst villain since Kylo Ren

It's nostalgia pandering in the way that they created a lame villain for the sole purpose of showing how badass the original villains are. And in fact they completely steal the show.
I don't want to be that guy, but the prequels featured fucking Sheev and yet Dooku and Grevious have never ben treated like bitches.
This guy is going to be forgotten.

Grow up.

They should have done a Butch Cassidy ending. All of them locked down in a position with only one way out. Completely surrounded. Rush out and all die at once.

Instead we have half a dozen scenes where the camera lingers and the tragic music swells and everything is moving in slow motion.

so since the previous movie? kek
btw Kylo is at least memorable, either in the good or the bad, and they still have two movies to salvage him

> Every villain has to be an unstoppable badass with no character whatsoever, like Darth Vader

A squad of Rebels kills nearly a battalion of Stormtroopers. Yeah I saw it. OP is correct. Let's have some deadly Stormtroopers for once.

>Vader has no character because he isn't a whiny bitch
Who started this meme?

Come to think, why does he live on a lava planet, considering how he got so fucked up last time he was on one?
After all he hates sand because of his past.

What's Vaders characterization in the original trilogy besides being powerful and menacing?
> Inb4 he had a sudden change of heart at the end of VI for Luke

why did the black stormtroopers make weird noises

That's pretty racist user

You're retarded.

An old wizard, a smuggler, a wimpy kid and a giant dogman invaded the fucking death star, rescued a princess, killed a shitton of stormtroopers and escaped.
The Empire have always been pushovers.

Tarkin has been canonized as the commander of the deathstar from the first movie. Him showing up to view the work of the deathstar made complete sense within the setting and went in line from what we were shown of imperial politics from anh.

I still dont get this logic, its like the complaint that there are at-ats on a weapons base. These are men of power in a empire that tends to kill people based on failure. What exactly did you expect tarkin to do?

Because they were Combine soldiers, not imperials.

Nice argument

Why would I argue with retards?

Huh??? But that happened after this movie.

But they let them escape.

The heroes, and by extension their compatriots, will always survive impossible odds, even if the enemy is well trained... it's just part of storytelling. This might even be why Game of Thrones is as successful as it is, since it bumped primary convention.

It would be nice to see an Empire based movie where you see the deadly training of a trooper in action for a change. Still wouldn't excuse the current movies, though.

>TRAITOR! was killed
There is no hope.

Well positioned and with plentyful cover, a milita can mow down a superior military unit. And Rebels aren't militia they are also professional soldiers. Ambush and tactics like making the Empire think there were more Rebels than there really was, deploying their heavy duty squads to the other side of the beach, etc. It's the reason the armored troopers and the walkers appeared so late and turn the tide against the Rebels.

Pay attention to the damn movie instead of trying to look for nitpicks you autistic fuck. Infantry will almost never overrun a defensive entrenched position by numbers and without artillery.

But yeah, Officers are indeed incompetent.

they didnt kill very many troopers-just the two for the uniforms, a few at the jail ares and one or two while escaping. and the empire let them escape because they knew leia would lead them to "the rebel base".

>What exactly did you expect tarkin to do?
I have zero problems about the way Tarkin behaved with him. In fact, he and Vader behaved exactly the way one would expect. But this doesn't change the fact that they made the guy in white a laughing stock. I'll give him that he actually speaks up to Tarkin when he takes control of the base, but when Vadr confronts him about the destruction of the city it's just pathetic.

>Can't come up with an argument
>"You're a retard!"

Never change

But you are. A movie as simple as Star Wars flew over your head.