ITT: things you personally love about The Sopranos

>that fucking "WHOAAAAA!" when a fight starts
>Silvio's body language (that fish-like face, goddamnit)
>that "What can you do?" response in funerals
>Paulie's every single moment - he's likeable even when he's an asshole (also his "GET DA FUCK OUTTA HERE!" and "Wooaaaa!" lines)
>that dead expression on Tony when he's pissed off
>all those manly hugs (and tears)
>"Don't get cute with me!"

Other urls found in this thread:

wikifeet.com/Drea_de_Matteo
youtube.com/watch?v=r-ECvI5rD40
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

breaking balls

When one of the mobsters tries to use a certain word but fucks it up.

>there's no stigmata these days
>create a little dysentery in the ranks

>the Talmud says...
>I don't give a shit what he says!

lol. I don't remember this one.

North Jerseyfag here. My family actually does all of these things. Even when my mom died, my dads go-to response when people gave their condolences was " Eh, What can ya do?"

>Watch it Chrissy
>Tony's heavy breathing
>Ralphie in general
>Junior's jokes

> I don't remember this one.
That's probably because you were shitting your pants.
>HEY TON!
>Heard that?
>He said "lol. I don't remember this one."
>and I said "That's probably because you were shitting your pants."

If Sopranos was a new show, Paulie would be king of the memes here.

do you break balls

>this fucking episode right here

Right in the feels.

Johnny Sack
>what, 100 grand for insulting my wife, next time he could fuck her for a million?
>he wants to fuck her?

5 minutes into sit down and chill and he gives you this look wat do

Also all of these.

Are you Italian American or is this the normal behaviour in New Jersey?

I'm from Europe, so I have no idea what people in Jersey are like.

Paulie in general

[heavy breathing]
[stabbing sounds against plate]

>that "What can you do?" response in funerals

that got me every time for some reason

An interesting point of the show was the segment when they actually go to Italy. Many of these mobster shows don't really talk about the fact that these guys are barely fucking Italian.

They're literally like pastiche or comic book versions of some old version of what Italians were, and are seemingly completely oblivious to it, even when directly confronted what real Italy and Italians are like. They're like a living meme. I wonder if Italian-Americans (or any ______-Americans) who act like this ever think about this? That their personality and mannerisms is basically for a lack of a better word fake or made up?

It's not that it's fake or made up. It's that the two cultures diverged over the past 100-150 years.

You could say modern italian-american culture no longer resembles what it used to be. But the same could be said for modern italian culture resembling what it used to be either.

Also, blood matters more than culture anyhow.

"They say that no two memes on earth are the same"

Funny thing is I have these anxiety attacks for about six months now and they are basically feels (and probably sounds and looks) like Tony's faints.

It might be my heart - I'll have these check-ups in January- , but I suspect it's the stress (and no, I'm not fat).

I actually laughed when I had this last fainting fit, because I had the exact same symptoms: vertigo, heavy breathing, droopy eyes.
It's always scary to experience this shit, but when I realized how I might look, I laughed at my own misery.

The comedy in this show is fucking god tier

Also Adrianna's glorious feet

>and you thought the Germans were cultureless shits!

says it all really

weekly reminder this guy gets the final kill.

>Also Adrianna's glorious feet
wikifeet.com/Drea_de_Matteo

I love the

>What can you do

phrase. I've started using it all the time. It's so perfect.

>mimicking low intelligent pieces of shit

Is that dolph ziggler?

WHOAAAAA!

eh, what are you gonna do?

AYYYY EASY THERE

get the fuck outta here

>tfw your papa is not only a homosexual, but also a fag

god i fucking hated this kid. i loved when phil BTFO him

Pretty much everything.

I haven't been able to stop saying OOHHHHH THE BALLS ON THIS PRICK

Bill Guarnere? I thought he lost his legs in Bastogne.

What word were they going for here?

When Tony was describing when he met John Gotti, was he fucking with those guys or was it just a lame encounter and story Tony had.

in the restaurant

>coke?
>OVA HERE (pointing at the table)

disarray

Would you sanction it, Sup Forums?

I have come to reclaim rome.

>there's no stigmata these days
That's technically not wrong though. Stigmata is just the plural of stigma. Although the writers were obviously referring to marks on the hands like Jesus.

I always loved it when Tony would hear some story or factoid, and then would repeat it to another group of people later on but fuck it up.

kek

No. It was a joke, not worth killing a man for it

Watch it, user!

IN THE MUSEUM OF NOSES, HERE COMES THE MONA LISA

If Sopranos was a new show, we'd call it reddit.

WATCH IT

It was an off colored remark, and highly inappropriate, but nah. Fuck Johnny and his beluga whale wife.

>be a great connection to the Soprano family
>help everyone make money with Esplanade
>Carmine and his idiot son cost you money
>Carmine finally dies
>defeat his son in the war
>grab the big seat
>be a good don
>get snitched on by consigliere Jimmy Petrille
>get pinched
>quit smoking
>start exercising
>get cancer
>die

JUST

You do realize Sup Forums and reddit are not these new, hip and edgy sites dating from 2011, rigth? Both sites existed during The Sopranos air.

I do not santion buffoonery.

You realize that fucking no one cared about reddit in 2007 and calling people reddit is way newer than that?

>Carmella's dad
>Chris just wants to make kino
>Meadow trying to be a smug little libshit and getting owned by Tony
>Every scene that takes place in the back room of the Bing

>calling people reddit is way newer than that

Spotted the newfag.

Madonna

who was in the wrong here

>I always loved it when Tony would hear some story or factoid, and then would repeat it to another group of people later on but fuck it up
It's that Bill Burr sort of thing. It's so entertaining to watch.

?

dissent, you moron

>Can't tell if srs
>dissent
>dissent is the word he was looking for

HO, TONE

Ben Kingsley's cameokino

>"Not even with computers"

This scene was hilarious. Did you know Chase had Steve Scherripa walk in with a strap-on dildo on, so Tony's response is Gandolfini genuinely cracking up?

That scene literally hurts to watch.

>SISTER'S CUNT!
What did he mean by this?

Italians are not real people
They are nigger level

I loved this about Tony. It's one of those crazily realistic little human nature-type details that contributed to The Sopranos being the actual GOAT tv drama.

>after Gloria kills herself and he goes around asking people if he's "like, a toxic person"
>after someone leaves that mysterious card in his hospital room and he starts saying "you go about in pity for yourself" in pretty much any situation.

I really loved breaking balls in general. You never see that anymore in tv shows.

And miss all those when "breaking balls go too far "moments.

>the sacred and the propane

Patrician taste, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-ECvI5rD40

>this guy on twitter

this fucking guy, Madonn' !

Get the fuck outta this board!

MADON... EVERY TIME WID DIS GUY!!!

Deserved it. What man cries like a bitch while getting cuffed at his daughters wedding.

I like when Tony's walking around his father in laws party with the sausages draped across his shoulders.

DIS FUCKING GUY

In season 1 Paulie gets all angry when they go to that coffee shop and he says that other countries stole Italian culture and how superior it is. Then ge goes to Italy and is all like "Ewww, they eat seafood in Italy?" and asks for something like meatballs and gravy.

Then he fucks that chick in Italy and asks where she is from, she answers "over there" in Italian and points vaguely outside the window. Paulie think it sounds like she says the town his ancestors came from and becomes really happy.

I really like any scene this guy is in. Whenever he got a big storyline, it was usually the best part of the episode.

>Jean-Philippe, you're home. Qu'est-ce que c'est, man? Uh, message machine broken?

She was a hooah

Is he, dare I say, /ourguy/?

>guy wants a loan from mafia and wants to meet mafia
>artie doesn't just introduce him to tony and take a cut

That shit made no sense.

A FUCKIN' HOERS

When I came to open up one morning, there you were with your head half in the toilet, your hair was in the toilet water... disgusting.

TOENAI!

I hate vito

That's a good Carmella impro.
I'm impressed.

Artie was attracted to his sister, the hostess, and he wanted to look like the man, like he could make moves on his own as opposed to just being the working stiff that happens to be friends with a mob boss. I think he wanted that for himself too more than the money, along with the resulting feelings of independence/self-pride/autonomy/etc. He was always so whipped by Charmaine and just wanted to make some decisions and provide on his own, but or course because he's so hapless, he always fucks it up.