What Instruments does Sup Forums play?

I’ve been learning Koto.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MNOQNZhiGw
youtu.be/ex8mwQpbyck
synthmall.com/tocante/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=on_nxGTeslQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keyboards (organ, piano, synths, melodia, harmonium)
Flute
Clarinet
Hulusi

guitar, bass, drums, vocals, keyboards, other lolrandom instruments like theremin, melodica, etc

I wanna learn electric guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=1MNOQNZhiGw
I play Hammer

where’d you buy yours at?

Found one at a local Salvation Army store.

Also been learning Hurdy Gurdy these last two years.

Just guitar lately. I started learning violin a few years ago, took lessons for awhile and got pretty good but I just got sick of playing the damn thing.

none cause im a fiucking looser
i cant even play an instrument, so making my own muisic is off the cards, so drums would prob be my ideal choice to learn and jam to songs i like, but cant cause noise reasons.
maybe 1 day

Should save up monies and buy a drum machine, like a Teenage Engennering Pocket Operator(s). The drum one is $49l and you can use headphones.

Just buy an acoustic guitar or a ukulele if you're a real brainlet. Pluck around on it when you're watching youtube videos or whatever, once you get a feel for the instrument its not so hard to learn.

Anybody have a sitar? I have one but it needs to be strung. How difficult is it?

That’s $49 dollars, cheaper if you buy secondhand off reverb.com etc.

used to play oboe and a bit of clarinet. Now I'm getting into keyboard to make my own music

Along with the Koto and Hurdy Gurdy also been learning to play Karimba and the Tongue Drum.

Also been getting a lot of use out of these Tocante hand synthesizers.

I have no talent, so I’m stuck with playing Bass

i have a sitar. took lessons for 2 years and then realized its a actually an extremely limited and boring instrument despite having 14 strings, not worth it at all really unless all you want to do is play hindustani music forever that no one else can tell the difference between anything you play because it all sounds the same.

these look very sexy, tell me about them.

Where did you get the money for your exotic instruments, especially the Hurdy Gurdy? Also, recommend me your favorite pieces to listen to for the koto please.

thinking of getting one of these, it sounds like this:
youtu.be/ex8mwQpbyck

cute

oops

Guitar, bass and saxophone

I want to learn cello but I don't have money or time

Yeah, I don't want to play any Indian stuff. I just want to put contact mics on it and use it like a drum

They are from Ciat-Lonbarde, check out

synthmall.com/tocante/index.html #

Really fun, also interface with modular gear. Here’s a short clip I made of the Karper,
clyp.it/xpf0g1me

Work. The Hurdy Gurdy I have is more of a student model, I think it was only $250.

You should check out the Folktek circuit-bent Omnichords.

Awesome drones with a Schruti Box. Saving up for one of the nicer models that incorporate a foot treadle to pump the box so it’s easier to use as accompaniment

Guitar
Bass
Harmonica
Singing Saw
Trumpet
Learning drums

damn these look good
listening to some youtube stuff surrounding the subject, thanks for telling me

Keep an eye on eBay, sometimes he posts them for sale cheaper than he sells off folktek.com

I always feel stupid letting people know what instruments I play. Why would they care.

Vibraphone
Marimba

Tenor and Baritone guitar since discovering Jason Molina’s music.

Folktek’s great, I’ve got his Luminist Garden and a Bugg.

Trombone, euphonium, and french horn. I'm also a classically trained opera singer. I don't know why I come here

You have a gig?

Piano, Alto Saxophone, and I'm currently working on my singing voice. My voice is getting there, but it still needs a lot of work.

nah. I trained for opera until I was 18 (I still occasionally go to some voice lessons but now I mainly self practice) then i switched and went to university for engineering

Best of luck friendo

An uncle gave me a big sitar when I was a little kid and I don't even like string instruments so it's dusting off in my storage room.

>switched and went to university for engineering
Smart move.

Why not sell it on reverb.com?

How does one even ship a sitar? It's a fragile gourd.

Take it to UPS or FEDEX and have them do the packaging and buy insurance. It’s not expensive plus if anything happens during transit they will financially reimburse you.

Singing Bowls
bowing Cymbals/Gongs

Soon to be owner of Mescaline

youtube.com/watch?v=on_nxGTeslQ

kill yourself

This

thats not a fucking instrument you retard

speaking as a hornist, stick to one mouthpiece size bro. you're just gonna fuck up your embouchure

Gross dude

Yeah, it is.

Congrats! I’m about to pick up an OP-1

yikes

I too can throw a bunch of potentiometers on a circuit board and call it a synth.

Sounds cool, but show me one of these things with a proper keyboard, and then we'll talk.

do hornists give the best head?

I wouldn't know. Probably because I spend too much time playing horn

It has 10 individually tuned touch keys, along with step sequencers.

It's never too late to start. Every day you play you will be improve just by putting time into playing. You don't even need to stress yourself in order to improve; your brain will unconsciously record everything you're playing and strengthen the connections required to produce it.

I've been trying to learn to play the turkish ney for like 3 weeks, I don't know what I expected though, without many english language resources and ANY irl teachers idk how I'm going to learn anything.
Thought getting the embouchure and fingering down would be the hardest part but actually knowing what to play was.
Any experience with importing wooden instruments?

Guitar
Bass
Clarinet and Saxophone

I quit my band a few years ago and got into synthesizers and drum machines. I just want to make my own music, on my own time, without having to rely on anyone else.

Bass
Guitar
Synth
Organ
Accordion (not well)
Spoons (and other various hand percussion)
steel lap guitar

I bought a didgeridoo on a whim but cant get it down for the life of me. I think its also a cheapo one that isnt particularly efficient to play.

I love this thread by the way, love the folktek stuff. Ive been getting into drones and ambient music and these instruments seem fantastic for that realm

>show me one of these things with a proper keyboard
>plugging a cv keyboard in to a modular somehow turns it into a real instrument instead of a "bunch of potentiometers on a circuit board"
Adding a keyboard to a modular synth is a trivial change that has nothing to do with the instrument itself. You just plug it in. And no, you probably can't make a functioning and useful module if your knowledge of modular synths is this basic.

I play the guitar. I'm not very good at it and I want to learn something else but I probably never will.

>digeridoo
pretty sure you gotta learn to circular breathe for that, it's an absolute bitch

also, postin more legendary brass players because why not