Why do people say Yoda lost vs Palpatine in Episode III...

Why do people say Yoda lost vs Palpatine in Episode III? The lightsaber fight looked pretty even and Yoda nullified Palpatine's force lightning.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ctN5s8z3E8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yoda's mission: Kill the emperor

Emperor's mission: Don't die

It was a tie technically, but Yoda failed to accomplish his goals.

Pretty sure George always meant for them to be more or less equal, and says they are the strongest force users of their respecting orders that have ever lived, until Luke achieves his full potential (but then Disney may fuck that up).

Why do people get so autistic about Yoda being a warrior in the prequels? They act like it ruins his whole character. Was he supposed to be this wise old sage his whole life?

In the OT, I always assumed he used to be some big warrior but learned and matured, and changed his ways. He realized that fighting is pointless and became a bit of a pacifist. Losing a whole war and all of your friends can do that to you.

wtf i love the empire now

yoda is good guy
good guys dont kill

This. Also yoda was clearly routed from the field of battle

That would make sense until u realize yoda is 900 years old and so the span from PT to OT is like a summer break to him

But he lost a galactic war and the entire Jedi counsel. And all his Jedi friends too. Everyone he knew died. That can change even a really old person.

he's a tiny shrivelled goblin
c'mon

An old guy of 800+ years, clearly a grandpa by his lifespan, moving the way he does jumping around like a squirrel and then a few years later, maybe 30, he barely walks with a crane and remains in his bed because of arthritis?

Yeah, that made no sense, but it's SW, nothing makes sense

Because there's a substantial amount of Sheev fanboys in the star wars fandom, like this faggot right here>In the OT, I always assumed he used to be some big warrior but learned and matured, and changed his ways. He realized that fighting is pointless and became a bit of a pacifist. Losing a whole war and all of your friends can do that to you.

MUH HEADCANON

In what sense did Yoda win? Why did he go into hiding if he won? Why does he literally say

>Into exile, I must go. Failed, I have

>doesn't understand tactical vs strategic victory

Unless Yoda was trying to destroy a few floating booths in the senate building, he achieved literally nothing.

Because being a force user didn't use to mean being a flippy jedi duelist who wears robes all the time

He was originally let on to be more of a monk than a knight

>Trying to sound smart

Yoda lost, he never saw the order 66 coming and barely got away from his own assassination attempt, then knowing all Jedis were lost - despite being a huge political organization - he went into exile, hiding because everything was lost.

The empire won, and still does, the rebels are just a minor terrorist group and the force and Jedis are folk bedtime stories.

Nigga, I'm not even the guy you are quoting, but you literally just confirmed you don't know the difference between tactics and strategy bro.

The battle itself in a vacuum was decided only by their position in the senate pod, by the time they're using the force palpatine was disarmed and yoda was actually stronger in the force as he already showed that he can handle palpatine's lightning in the clone wars.

at 2:00
youtube.com/watch?v=ctN5s8z3E8E

Blames his environment, only a poor Jedi does mmmm

Sheev had the high ground

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I too also had a lightsaber and effortlessly killed 3 Jedi Masters with it and even defeated Yoda whom was widely considered the best Duelist at the time, he was a good opponent. Now take your "Jedi" weapon.