Welp, it started filming. It's happening: A stand-alone Han Solo film is coming. It's official

Welp, it started filming. It's happening: A stand-alone Han Solo film is coming. It's official.

Thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6uNvQich8g
youtube.com/watch?v=nbgTs4frS4M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>white male protagonist
ughhh i mean like can you not

Boring.

Stop playing it safe Disney.

>MOUSESHIT

>THINK

PICK 1.

Another soulless disney capeshit cashgrab with femenist undertones, can't wait

omg so excited

first SW I'll skip. the old characters have been beyond played out at this point, i want more stuff with brand new characters.

>Hail Caesar kid playing lead
>21 jump Street and Lego guys directing
This and episode 8 I hate myself for expecting to enjoy

He gon die so it gud

literally ((( )))

i cant wait for hollywood to fucking die

Wasn't really interested but after how good R1 turned out I'm slightly more optimistic that it will be good

The guy with the country accent in Hail Caesar? If so that kind of interests me

It'd be nice to have an SW movie about a guy again but not like this

The only thing I'm looking forward to is Jabba the Hut.

This. I wasn't big on his being cast, then I saw HC. Now I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sincerely hope it flops.

>it wasn't this guy

That his son?

OY VEY

He'll team up with an attractive young white women who is better than him in every way and hans gross incompetence in her presence will be played for laughs.
At the end of the film she will leave him and he'll be heartbroken and tell Chewie "never speak of her again" as Han goes into a Cantina for a drink and is followed in by Greedo.

>nigga from community as Lando

It'll be kino and teevee will pretend to hate it for a couple months

youtube.com/watch?v=b6uNvQich8g

>a young greedo
>a young jaba
the possibilities for ((())) are literally endless

No, it's an actor who was cast as literally a young Harrison Ford in some shitty romantic comedy or something.

I want an Obi-Wan movie.

>Pleb shit taste
"Dude, Han Solo, Darth Vader, Bobba Fett. Epik cool characters"
>Patrician taste
"Jar Jar is the key to all of us".

Holywòod is creatively bankraupt and will only back known franchises because people are so obessed with their fantasy universes now they don't need to try anymore. The same applies to Marvel

I truthfully think this one will bomb in the theaters. I don't think even hardcore Star Wars fans want to see a Han Solo movie without Harrison Ford where the plot is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of the universe.

I was going to answer with "no fuck off", but I remembered that I don't really care anymore, I don't really give a shit about anything made by disney.

jump Street and Lego guys directing
>Implying that's a good thing

Is it possible to be both?

They shouldn't recast Han, they should CGI a Young Ford in. Rogue One has shown it's possible.

>discussing Star Shit

You have to be at least 18 to post here

I want a stand-alone Wicket W Warrick movie.

Shit actor. Pulls of like 1/10 the facial emotions that Ford does. He's just a bad imitation. The other guy is a genuinely good actor who will blow that look alike wannabe out of the water

Mike pls.

>casting some dweeb to play a young Harrison Ford

This.

Cool I love marvel orgin stories

Wew

You haven't seen the Ewok TV movies?

>Disney has carte blanche to make new side story movies independent of the main storyline
>Keeps going back to the old movies

Who do you think should play Han? I think Idris Elba should.

I like how everyone made a big deal about the guy playing "iconic" Han like this will make his career and blow him up no this is 2016 actors and dispensable as fuck and no one cares about them as much anymore.

>never seen the adventures of wicket in jabbas palace

pic related

Han Solo
Greatest fighter
Ever

You can replace many actors, but Harrison Ford is not one of them.
Hopefully my main man Boba Fett will appear and actually do something

Would that it were so simple.

This is an underrated post. I notice people getting upset over all these famous people dying recently and I realize its because talent is kind of dead and everybody is just type cast to make a product. Literally whos are being cast as famous characters because (a) they can be controlled easier and (b) they just need someone to look like him to reach a demographic they don't care about his performance

Caitlyn Jenner should play Han you fucking transphobe

If hollywood tried half as hard to market non-franchise movies as they donwith franchises or capeshot, than maybe better movies would make more money and be seen by more people.

Whats even worse is when a decent movie becomes a franchise.

Take Deadpool for example. Love it or dont, the movie was actually made for the fans, not the cash. The studio didnt believe deadpool would work and it even seemed like they tried to sabotage it(keeping test footage to themselves,attempted pg-13 rating, cutting budget towards the end of filming). Despite the low budget, the movie ends up being the most successful xmen movie. Now a sequel is coming along and you bet investors are gonna want to put more money into the movie. More money means more studio meddling, in-movie advertising, pressure that the movie HAS to succeed. There isnt even a trailer out, but i can already tell you RIGHT NOW that deadpool 2 will suffer from excessive green screen, references and jokes from the first movie, and worse writing.

> then: literally the black Clark Gable
> now: asian-eyed sitcom manlet
how far we've fallen

> Emilia Clarke
how have we offended you Lord
how

>More money means more studio meddling, in-movie advertising, pressure that the movie HAS to succeed

I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Felecity Jones is rumored for another Star Wars movie. Since she's a fan favorite now and Jon Erso's early life takes place as the same time as Han's I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in it.

It'll probably be a Han and Jyn team up and end with Jyn in jail.

It's gonna be great. Another billion for Disney.

underrated bc this is probably literally the script

Star Wars Fatigue

They're running this franchise into the ground hard.

What? Where? How?
Saaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuucce plz

only 2 days till 2016 is over, maybe he'll make it

confirms

youtube.com/watch?v=nbgTs4frS4M

>Warwick Davis
is it kino?

What have we done, bros?