Why do people act like they cared about Carrie Fisher dying? People act like she was a god, or a good actor...

Why do people act like they cared about Carrie Fisher dying? People act like she was a god, or a good actor. All she did was dress in a revealing outfit in a

>space flick

most people are hypocrites
what a surprise huh

>this thread again

The people acting like they care about her mom dying are even more pathetic. Call me autistic if you want, but I don't see how someone can possibly be sad about someone else dying when you've never even met them.

why do you care about what other people act like they care about? Go back to your anime

>best buns
kek

no, people just pretend because they can show how much they cared

A) Star Wars is a new religion
B) Narcissistic virtue signaling / 'like'-baiting

You're doing the same thing..

People want likes and retweets

I care because she helped me to understand and deal with my manic depression which I diagnosed myself with on webmd

So that's where Saul Goodman has been working, at their Twitter division.

SeeBecause they want others to see them as good people.

How many of these millennials do you think actually listened to David Bowie or Prince regularly before they died?

Because liberal millennials (especially women) use death as a vehicle to satisfy their inherent pollyannaish narcissism and victim mentality. "LOOK HOW SAD I AM EVERYBODY I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THIS HAPPENED I AM SO SAD THAT I AM LITERALLY SHAKING."

My brother died at age 18 seven years ago. There were a handful of girls he went to school with who showed up to the visitation, who I knew for a fact didn't give two shits about him, some of them probably didn't even know who he was before he died. All of them made a gigantic scene trying to draw attention to themselves, wailing and screaming like a fucking mental patient.

The Facebook "tributes" were even worse. Kids acting like they were his best friend. People I went to high school with who I barely knew, and who I hadn't talked to since I graduated two years earlier messaging me telling me that "if I needed anything, they were there for me."

Fuck off. In hindsight, I probably should have used to opportunity to try to fuck some of them, but whatever.

You care about people you are aware of. If they had an impact on your life, or you enjoyed the fact that they were alive and well and knew there was still a movie to see them in or whatever.

Carrie fisher played an important and memorable character in a franchise that defined a lot of our childhoods.

You really are autistic if you can't feel anything for someone you've never met. And I don't mean you should lose sleep over it or anything but you should be able to feel something.

Because normies are incapable of independent thought. Is everyone else playing pokemon go? Then I will too. Is everyone else going to see TFA/the latest marvel film? Then I will too. Is everyone else sad about X celebrity dying? Then I am too. Etc.

Normies just want to fit in with the rest of the normalscum. If other normies hype something up or like something or "care" about something than those normies will too. And then there is also them virtue signaling, wanting people to think they're good people, and saying the most popular viewpoint or saying something for which they can't be called out for because it's a sensitive topic for likes.

Normies are pathetic.

> Why do people react differently than myself? There's something wrong with THEM, isn't there? Pls respond

You don't understand OP

It's really all about me

one of the 1st SJW leaders

>average american classroom in 2070

omg i need a cinnamon roll like right now

brb store

why do you care if they act like they care? especially on twitter?

Because when a public figure dies the public reflects upon that person's contribution to the culture. What are you retarded?

Because millennials have no real life relationships and are addicted to social media (you)'s.

>it's yet another "teenager wants to let the world know he's edgy" thread

2017*

Why does it bother you?
Fucking spaz.

>why do people feel
>why can't they be a bitter asshole likr me

Sounds like you're the one with the problem

>hurrr why do ppl care about her
>proceeds to make a thread about her
bravo user

You're mad and gay.

I am sad she died
the thing that has been getting me is that the news coverage has been going on and on about her death like it was some national tragedy.

She talked shit on Trump, she deserves only the contempt of Americans because she betrayed us.

I'm guessing this is from a California State University.

I'm currently attending SJSU and it's always like this at the beginning of the semester. Then people get weeded out by dropping the class.

the majority of americans voted with her though. she deserves their admiration

Because it's so clearly phony. No one has ever given a shit about Carrie Fisher. If it wasn't for Star Wars being popular again this would have gotten minimal exposure. But we now live in a world of virtue signaling millennials desperate for (You)'s, so they pretend to care about someone they only learned the name of last December.

I really hope this is just bait.

Star wars is a huge cultural phenomenon that nothing since has come close to. MANY people grew up watching the movies, playing with toys etc. A lot of those people were children at the time, and Carrie was a role model for them. Hearing that your childhood role model tragically passed away will make you upset. I don't know why you retards think that you aren't allowed to have an emotional reaction to someone's death unless you personally knew them.

The majority of Americans didn't vote, pal. The 'majority' of people who voted, voted with her, which means dick all. Go back to rebbit.

>Carrie was a role model for them

She was a mentally ill drug addict. Who the fuck was she a role model too? Also, if your role model is a celebrity, you've got fucking problems.

so you hate ill people? do you go in hospitals and make of fun of ill people? you fucking scum

What kind of leap in logic is that?

everyone is mentally ill and addicted to something thus role model

you said she can't be a role model because she was ill, why can't ill people be role models?

So more people voted for Hillary?

More people in California. And she still lost :)

MOMMY, BABBY WANT LEGGIE!!!!!!

She was a role model because she was intellectual and emotionally honest about it to the point of revealing what society deems shameful aspects of her life for millions to view, thereby working to relieve the stigma that prevents sufferers to seek help. She also made steps to improve her life. Regarding drugs, everyone makes mistakes. Regarding mental illness, you can't control that. But faggots like you demonise it and do nothing to improve the situation. She's a role model because there are less people like you thanks to her. She bettered the world.

Nope, he said she couldnt be a role model because she was a drug addict.

literally all rockstars are drug addicts, are you saying they aren't viewed as role models by millions?

>tripfags defending mentally ill drug addicts.
Not surprised.

>using a corpse to sell pastries

No girls like Star Wars. Remember that when you see all this attention whoring. Maybe there's a few girl fans but they're only a few.

I'm saying if your role model is a drug addicted celebrity, you need to rethink your life choices. Your role model should be your parents, not someone who plays pretend in a movie and doesn't give two fucks about you.

nice goalpost moving retard. The question was whether she is viewed as a role model or not, not if she is a good or bad role model

I'm not goalpost moving, my point is exactly the same. You're a fucking retard if she was your role model.

so you do accept that people are having her as role model? and you are angry because people have different role models than you? got it

She was a prominent actor in an iconic film trilogy, and that's what people are mourning for. Obviously they're uninvested in the actual Carrie Fisher.

I like how you've done nothing but put words in my mouth and then agreed with yourself. Truly a scholar of debate.

>M-MOMMY!! PEOPLE LIKE STUFF THAT I DONT LIKE!!
>MOMMY DO SOMETHING!! WWWAAHHH

I don't really mind if individual people are going to put out their tweets about Fisher dying from her coke abuse.

What I have a problem with is all these companies and organizations using it as an opportunity to advertise. Cinnabon using her death to advertise buns because they look like Leia's hair. Disney telling people they can still see "Leia" in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story(TM) in theaters now! Hell, even the democratic party's official twitter was putting out stupid bullshit tweets about mourning the loss of Leia and using it as a low-brow jab to call Trump Darth Vader (omg literally space hitler!).

It's all in such poor fucking taste.

You sound a bit perturbed that I don't worship celebrities like you do.

I am just amused when people get butthurt because other people like stuff they don't like. a true sign of autism or being underage

It's in Brazil

Source on the last part? I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd like some proof.
t. Liberal

The writer of the movie called the Empire a white supremacist(human) organization and that the Rebellion was led by strong women and people of color. Then they went on to put their stupid fucking safety pin on the Rebel logo. That was BEFORE the movie came out.

But where is the tweet from the Democratic Party? I'm aware of the messages conveyed by the most recent Star Wars films.

are you telling me you wouldn't feel sad if brendan fraser randomly died?

Ill be sad when Scorsese pass away. Just let the old man make it through 2016.

Just tried finding it on their twitter. It's gone. I guess they deleted it? Anyway, it was just some really basic-bitch shit where they say "hurr durr RIP in pieces Carrie Fisher! We'll keep fighting the good fight against the evil empire!"

Not at all. I'd be sad if a good actor in their prime died or someone like Scorsese died.

>millennials desperate for (You)'s
what did he mean by this?

meanwhile no one bats an eye when Marlel Comics didn't even wait for her body to be below room temperature to do a sale of all the Leia centric comics

The people who keep posting about how much they've loved Carrie Fisher and her mom just want likes, retweets, etc. The equivalent of getting a (You).

this shit right here

This SERIOUSLY! A fucking dog flies a frisbee for cripes sakes. Aren't there 8 toy commercials now?