u too ;)

Ceremony, the live version at Birmingham university

Love Will Tear Us Apart cause I'm a fag

Transmission and From Safety To Where

komakino.
have it tattooed on my arm I like it so much, no bullshit

Day of the lords or passover

shadowplay or transmission

Shadowplay, Interzone, Ceremony, Failures Of Men, and Digital.

Although, I love their normie songs too. Disorder, She's Lost Control, and Love Will Tear Us Apart are also very good.

WAAAAAAAALK IN SIIIILENCE

pic?

no.. and I wish I was joking but two things. I disabled camera on my laptop and refuse to buy a modern cellphone and I am also black and the words look shitty. no need to be made fun of, you'll just have to take my word for it. but I really love that song

Something Must Break personal fav

this is a masterpiece though

Heart and Soul
It really reflect the state of depression.

The Killing Moon

>refuse to buy a modern cellphone
I unironically admire the hell out of you for that

>I disabled camera on my laptop and refuse to buy a modern cellphone

Holy fucking shit, are you me? Have you got an old Nokia brick too?

DON'T WALK AWAY-AY-AY-AY IN SIIILENCE

With Or Without You

thank you
and no, I do not. But my wife has an old obama phone when she didn't work.. now that we both work we still keep it cause it's cheap and it's used only for phone calls. no text or photos at all. not sure if it helps for anything but I refuse to go deeper into the botnet

Disorder, Day of the Lord, New Dawn Fades, Decades. Atmosphere.

i respect you
i have a 3310

my fav would have to be a tie between transmission and heart & soul. she's lost control is great too, because it's personally relatable in some strange way

A Means To An End

transmission, day of the lords, or twenty four hours

None. Joy Division isn't very good.

I don't get why Joy Division has seen a resurgence, over the last four years.

Is goth cool, again? I'm super-happy about the idea of it. But there was this whole "shoe-gave" crap about goth music. And then Joy Division became cool. And I don't understand any of these trends.

Is your generation getting back into goth? We thought it'd be 2007-2014 "emo," but it turns out that that was just pop-punk fans who all turned into fat, meth-heads.

Is goth back to being a thing that young people are into?

youtube.com/watch?v=9Jlv0E_QsNc

Day of the Lords

I agree with the current zeitgeist pointing to a goth resurgance of some sort, but I don't think Joy Division is caught up in it.

But then I don't get it. I'm not asking for agreement. Just wondering where we stand. Is goth back to being a thing? Is that why they suddenly dig Joy Divison who, let's face it, was an untalented, not-very-interesting band that is relevant solely for a historical impact that maybe everyone past third-wave goth should have already gotten over?

me too

first heard the moby cover of it from the movie Heat then looked up the original which was far better.

new order is way better. but if i had to chose it would have to be isolation or shadowplay

Used to be Disorder but I've been pretty keen on Shadowplay lately, good chord progression and the solo is pretty unique

Transmission

Isolation is a fun song, for sure. But it's a post-punk, pop-rock song. I get that everyone is impressed with themselves for discovering that New Order is the (not-at-all-related) same band. But synth-pop and some mediocre post-punk just aren't related. They made a new band and did a new thing. The fuck are they related? Why are we pretending that these things are related, outside of the goth aesthetic?

Would Ian have been a good dad?

Did he kill himself?

Then: nope.

nigger are you retarded?
being 75% of the same band means "not at all related" to you?
as if when ian died suddenly bernard, hooky, and stephen all magically changed personalities and musical styles and re-learned their instruments from scratch?

youtube.com/watch?v=EFwq9M6iWYI

Doing a new thing means "not doing the same thing" to both me and, also? The band that did it.

do you even speak english

Nope. What are these moon runes? I am so confused.

I can't really give any sort of concrete answer to that besides personal anecdote. In my case, I enjoy Joy Division's music because I like post-punk music and some of my favorite bands draw from their sound a lot. Their music is very bare, prototypical, and sounds quite rough but to me that's part of the charm.

I presume you do, but still have a bit to learn in the reading department. Sounds to me like you talk a lot but understand little.

lol

you're literally arguing that joy division and new order are "not related at all"
it makes so little sense I don't even know why I bothered responding

Hey, I don't disagree with you. I fucking love "isolation," previously-mentioned in this thread. I think it's super-good, far beyond any reasonable standard of how valuable a piece of music is, based on how good it is.

Not trying to hate on Joy Division--I like them, too.

What I find weird is how suddenly-popular they are, for no particular reason. They're not a great band. These aren't great songs. Yet, in the last five years? Suddenly, everyone thinks that Joy Division is amazing. And that's totally cool, because I'd love it that young people suddenly got into goth music. I am just wondering how and why it happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=x0HsjYtdAKM

cute

PS: Goth bands actually are trying to reach out to you, and bring you all to us.

This is basically Joy Divison, 2018. Goth is looking to recruit you.

youtube.com/watch?v=JBC7dA0vq4A

interzone, especially live

I happened upon them around last April-May. Started listening to more albums finally on Youtube and Unknown Pleasures was in the side bar. Clicked on it because of the album design and thought I faintly remembered the name and loved the overall feel and sound as well as some of the lyrics. I wasn't even lurking /mu yet(yes newfag, whatever). Went onto Closer after and loved it too.

24 hours and Ceremony

My favorite New Order songs are Leave Me Alone and Ceremony

Rad. They're a good band. Come on out to a show. There's an entire sub-culture that has been going strong for forty years, waiting for you. You know there was a weird, psych-study on youth-cultures that was done, in the nineties. It found out that punk, rave, rap, hard-rock... they all left by their late twenties. Oddly? Goths in the seventies were goths in the nineties. It turned up the only unifying element being that we all kinda liked paintings and read a lotta books. Joy Division is a good band. But it was't anything special. Move forward. There is a hell of a lot more waiting for you.

I keep posting this band because it's one of the only bands that keeps changing to bring in new people. But there are a lot other good ones. So let's start here: youtube.com/watch?v=IOoIKLk_PS8

Then move on to: youtube.com/watch?v=3hdSkqd0wfM

These are not different from Joy Division. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Love Will Tear Us Apart was on an episode of South Park years ago. That's what did it

She's lost control

this, Disorder is an absolute 11/10 song

Day of the Lords

A means to an end

nice bait faggot

>CTRL+f "these days"
>0 results

Sup Forums is top pleb

I don't know what's baiting, about that.

Joy Division, The Doors, Peter Murphy--they kicked off "goth." We all learned to like ourselves, despite whatever angsty, self-loathing crap we couldn't get rid of. That's what we do. The only reason to like Joy Division, if you're not hopping on a train, is because it gave you that same thing.

It's an entire scene about supporting you as you learn to like yourself better. All the music is about that. All the fashion is about hiding from other people, to get more into yourself. Goth hasn't changed, much, since 1979. It's still just pop music with some synthesizers. Industrial, EBM, dark-wave--whatever we call it? They're all the same bands, rehashing the same themes. Joy Division is a starting point. Better things came not-much later.

youtube.com/watch?v=nCUHClheiZk

Interzone

this stuff you're posting is utter garbage, no wonder you have such shit taste saying joy division is "mediocre"

this

That's alright, user--no one is looking to you for your approval.

They're pop music with synths. Like literally every goth band, ever. That's all that any of it is. No one is asking you to like it. I'm just suggesting it to people who are into Joy Division.

youtube.com/watch?v=bgu34uySt-M

a massive tie between TWENTY FOUR MOTHERFUCKING HOURS and Decades for me.
I also have a soft spot for this ditty.
youtube.com/watch?v=JPXMqjXGgRU

wew. i didn't know people knew of ian curtis's version. I only got it on a bootleg.

seems impossible to pick. I've been trying a few decades.
video not related....but teletubbies versions are.
youtube.com/watch?v=V8nr6z0Zx8A

That song is solid punk rock. Weird to look for Joy Division for that, since they're kinda bad at it.

the entire Warsaw demo is just plain goofy fun from Ian and the gang (albeit with a different Steve behind the drum kit).
youtube.com/watch?v=a8URFO8sQHg

Kinda sounds like what Op Ivy would do a better version of, a decade later.

youtube.com/watch?v=5HtUnubXAO4

Cool as an historical footnote. Wasn't into it back then, though, so it's hard to get into it now.

>Twenty Four Hours
could be the theme song for most the wayward young men of Sup Forums; such a good song

romance will divide us

You could say it's like being divided by joy

Who else /joydivisionfavoritebandanddoesn'tgiveashitwhatanyonesays/ here?

I wanna get a Joy Division tattoo soon, any ideas besides le pulsar waves?

chekt

New Dawn Fades, No Love Lost, and Warsaw

Get this

rehearsal version is better

Atmosphere by far

This desu. One of their best basslines.

I love Transmission

HOWEVER

I gotta go with Warsaw
it was from their awkward Nazi phase yet also examined the relationship between Hitler and Rudolf Hess, and how/why people became enamored or convinced by the fewruh
its classic punk, not too dark
and it was on one of my favourite childhood vidya - Tony Hawk's Underground II

youtube.com/watch?v=serIf92zTDc

Joy Division were always cool.

Dude, i've been into Joy Division a little over 12 years now...and it was thanks to finding a Rolling Stone magazine book in the library about the greatest albums of all time listing Closer in it back when I was in High School, which led to me borrowing Closer from the library and the rest is history.

Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Reminds me of my lost decade back in the 80s