Is this a good album?

Is this a good album?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8105-10000-days/
youtube.com/watch?v=kwFI1-rjEuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8105-10000-days/

Name ur fave tracks and i'll tell you

I haven't listened to it. This thread determines whether or not I will.

I can't seem to find any music that is as comfortable to listen to, yet emotionally fulfilling as the sweet timber and comforting beats of Tool. Everything just seems so... so...uncomfortable in comparison. Where Tool is like a warm embrace from your mother on a cold winter's day, all other music just seems to be... like a jarring yell from your father in the next room when he hears you using the bug zapper in his exotic fish tank again. After reddit introduced me to the soft, yet firm vocals of Maynard James Keenan I just don't think I can listen to anything else. Some would say I'm ruined, but I think that I am forever changed and improved by having them in my life. This album is amazing. You need to listen to it

PRAISE REDDIT

listen to it faggot

I will, I'm currently on Lateralus.
But why?

Rosetta Stoned is their best song, but this is not their best album.

Right in Two*

>pitchfork

yes until you turn 17

How about you listen to it yourself and stop being a brainless prick who can't judge music for himself!

soft rock dronefest

not after you've elevated from bands who jack themselves off by writing music with stupid time signatures for no purpose other than just to sound complicated

I loved Aenima, then when Lateralus came out I bought it immediately and didn't like it. After a couple months though it really grew on me and became my favourite album by far, and i couldn't understand how I didn't like it at first.

Then when 10,00 days came out, I said to myself "ok, be patient you might not like it at first" and I really didn't, but the same thing happened, over time it became another one of my favourites but not quite as good as Lateralus was, in my opinion.

I just started it. Feel the same way about Lateralus when I first listened to it a long time ago. I like it now, as I finished it a couple minutes ago.

This

I don't like Tool but I thought Aenima was ok and now I'm gonna listen to Opiate and hope it'll be the one thing by them I actually like

Tool is only good until Aenima (which would be a top tier album if not for the ridiculous fillers), the rest is mediocre at best.

hivemind

Opiate is cool

The good parts of 10,000 Days are incredible, but it should have been an EP

>thinks fillers ruin the album
pleb successfully filtered

What are the good parts? Currently on Wings for marie.

The band as a whole maybe didn't improve that much but Danny Carey went wild on some of those songs, I find a lot of the music is best experienced watching high quality youtube drum covers of their later songs since the drums are so much of what it's about.

youtube.com/watch?v=kwFI1-rjEuM

>Tool
>pleb filter

You can skip tracks 6,7, 9, and 11

Lateralus is their best start to finish

Pretty good album, sans those which you said to pass. Which I still listened to

Lol, exactly. Tool are a pleb band for real.

>Rosetta Stoned is their best song,
Yep. By far.

What the fuck?

Lost Keys and Intension are great tracks.

No.

>skipping lost keys when it's meant to put you right into rosetta stone
you absolute earlet

Thats DT
In tool it actually sounds somewhat natural

>earlet

THIS
Dream Theater is technically OK, but have the fluidity of a fucking brick.

t. never listened to Panic Attack

anything done just to sound complicated is a peave of mine

I've tried many times, at different stages, to give Tool a shot and I just can't get into them. And I can get into almost anything.