Robot Wars thread

Battle of the Stars 2 is on BBC 2 now

Who was on the last one? I missed it.

A bunch of literally whos

And now some more.

Hey, "Scottish longhaired outdoorsy documentary guy" is a national treasure.

>Scottish longhaired outdoorsy documentary guy
kek

Well that was fucking brutal

Robot Wars is basically spinnerwinslol these days.

A flipper won the last series

Because the spinner stopped in the final. It would have taken it apart if it had kept going.

Controversial desu

BULLSHIT

>Spin on the spot
>Do fuck all
>Win

You would think that after 13 years there would be something new at this point. Like a flying fucker that captures it's prey with a net and walking tank that shoots lasers and transforms like an autobot.

But no, it's the same, always the same.

Is the black cripple also a lesbian? Have the BBC found the diversity holy grail?

Get flipped faget

Scientists have barely made robots that can walk on two legs and cost millions. What makes you think Barry Engineerman from Essex is going to make a 110kg transformer?

> Robbie Savage

He's literally won 1 league cup. How is he relevent? He should be on a local radio station, not primetime TV.

I wish they'd stop this cringy dabbing shit

Only one* can lift the battle of the stars trophy.

*Apart from the guys who did it yesterday.

No, but I'm guessing she was a teen mum, if that's her son. She's only 25, and he has to be 8 or 9.

Yeah, best get a quality pundit like Michael Owen on instead.

> An hours build up for that finale

gg TV License payers.

Anyone watching Charlie brookes 2016 wipe?

I don't watch robot wars regularly, are spinning disks by far the dominant weapon?

spinnerwinslol.

If you can get one that works well. It's not that easy to get the balance between one that will do damage, but won't either break easily or drain the battery in a minute.

>There's something else you can polish

Yes.

> There's something else you can polish

Was that a racist remark?

Of course.

Let me sum up 2016 Wipe for you:
>Brexit whining
>BLM riot apologising
>"Trump is literally Hitler"
>Probably something about the alt-right
>Admits Russians dindu nuffin

do a thread

Or a sexual remark.

here you go boys

Screenwipe was so much better than Newswipe. Shame he decided to get more into TV himself so couldn't take the piss out of anyone anymore.

Make a thread faggot

Ask the Japanese home roboteers how they play football with theirs.

If you compare this "robot wars" with what's going on in Japanese robot leagues, you'd see that it could innovate a little. Maybe be something more than rc-cars with spikes?

But why bother with that when someone will just smash you to pieces with a fuck off bar spinner?

Yeah, see. That's how most modern sports kinda work. They alter the rules so you can't just do a spinny fuckery and win every time. Then the competitors would innovate and maybe broaden the rules to allow more things than rc-cars with spikes.

You don't have to go full F1 on it, and demand that no spinny things are used and everyone has to be a box with spike on all sides. But come on, I used to love this show when I was a kid. Now I'm watching little girls build ai controlled robots in japan that play football independently on youtube.

And I'd like to add. That if we are going to ever get to Real Steel level robot boxing we need more than season after season of rc-cars with spikes.