youtube.com/watch?v=7Rr7th61VOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP here, meant to say Mayonaise.

this

the opening track

that's not Hummer

stay pleb

This.

And also, like I said, if Soma doesn't invoke any fantasies of you defeating a sorceress turned into a demonic giant with a sword made of her enchanted crystals and a shield stolen from her library, then you know nothing about music. Beethoven should purge your soul to save his eyesight.

10/10, one of my favorite albums of all time.

stay cool

thanks i will :)

THE OFFICIAL Sup Forums SIAMESE DREAM RANKING
>1. Mayonaise
>2. Hummer
>3. Soma
>4. Today
>5. Cherub Rock
>6. Luna
>7. Disarm
>8. Geek U.S.A.
>9. Silverfuck
>10. Spaceboy
>11. Rocket
>12. Sweet Sweet
>13. Quiet

apparently you all forgot we had this thread like 2 days ago. You cannot refute this list

>Quiet last
holy shit plen

>OP is a frogposter
Should've figured.

>pleb avoids acknowledging his absolutely shit-tier taste

>Disarm not last

what the fuck user

i'd say the opening track

Gish was better

>Disarm last
>wojak poster
checks out

ITT: Bad Posts
Good Post:

Geek U.S.A. and Mayonaise are my favourite two personally, probably followed by Cherub Rock and Quiet

Whoops forgot to include this one on the bad posts, my bad hahahahahaha

haha...

Man it's a good album but I don't understand why it's so jerked off. It's got some pretty obvious flaws.

>Disarm being just awful, one of the worst songs of the 90s
>All of the lyrics are complete dog shit if you pay attention to them
>Silverfuck has good moments but overall is below average ("Bang bang you're dead, hole in your head" is indefensible).
>Sweet Sweet is pretty much complete filler
>Luna ending on a completely out of place and bizarre orchestral pop section where he repeats "I'm in love with you" over and over again is a pretty terrible way to end off the album

Everything else is pretty great but it's not 10/10 by any stretch. I've been listening to this album since high school, I've got plenty of good memories with it. But I feel like fans are more aware of flaws than anyone else.

>>Disarm being just awful, one of the worst songs of the 90s
Terrible taste. You couldn't even relate to Corgan's emotional fragility cracking under the hells of the world, and his innocence disappearing from his heart as he faces the cruelty of age?

I feel pity for you.

And by the way, the song goes perfect with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

>You couldn't even relate to Corgan's emotional fragility cracking under the hells of the world, and his innocence disappearing from his heart as he faces the cruelty of age? I feel pity for you.

Your post inadvertently goes lengths to display what I hate about the song. The straight-faced melodrama with zero self awareness just does not work for this band. Pumpkins were always at their best with blistering guitar anthems. Take away the beautifully layered guitars and we are left with Corgan's mediocre voice and horrid lyrics front and centre. Add one of the most overblown and undeserved string sections of all time and you have a song that takes itself way too seriously and falls flat on it's face.

>And by the way, the song goes perfect with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Ah, you play video games. This makes more sense now. Try coming back to the album after you graduate high school, maybe you'll see what I mean then.

>The straight-faced melodrama with zero self awareness just does not work for this band. Pumpkins were always at their best with blistering guitar anthems.
What are you even talking about? The Smashing Pumpkins were always histrionic; they reveled in melodrama more than any other Alternative Rock band of their era. Their "blistering guitar anthems" merely served as a pedestal for which they expressed their emotionally soaked messages. In essence, theatrical-based grandiosity were the essence of the Smashing Pumpkins' artistry. Siva, Rhinoceros, Today, Porcelina of the Vast Oceans all laid bare their innermost sentiments in epic Alternative Rock bliss. And this song was no exception. Of course it was ridden with melodrama; that was the entire point. It's essentially the heart of the album as pure as the sky. If you're not entirely into such emotion in music, or prefer when artists obscure them more subtly, then that's acceptable. However, to dismiss it as one of the WORST songs of the 90s, when there are certainly much worse to choose from is naive at best. And also, Corgan might not be the most technically advanced vocalist in rock. But in terms of creativity, mystery and beauty, his nasal, yet dreamlike voice absolutely feels perfect.

>Ah, you play video games. This makes more sense now. Try coming back to the album after you graduate high school, maybe you'll see what I mean then.
Yes, because enjoying a form of entertainment as a past time after work, especially an M-rated game is totally immature and absolutely invalidates my point.

Geek USA is the greatest rock song of all time

>he Smashing Pumpkins were always histrionic; they reveled in melodrama more than any other Alternative Rock band of their era. Their "blistering guitar anthems" merely served as a pedestal for which they expressed their emotionally soaked messages
Yes, but as I already expressed, I usually hate their lyrics. I find them edgy, cheesy, and unoriginal. As cliché as it may be to say, they are about equivalent in content and quality to the shitty poetry in any angsty teenage high schooler's diary. While I'm sure Corgan's suffering is real and sincere, his ability to translate it into poetry has always been severely lacking. They are at their best when the melodramatic lyrics are obscured by charging, major-key guitars. The sun on the cover of Siamese Dream seems to be pervasive in the sound of the album; it's music that sounds much better on the highway on a spring day than in a gloomy basement, despite Corgan's seeming lyrical intent to drudge down the uplifting affair of the music. Take those guitars away and all that is left is the god-awful poetry.

In many ways, Siamese Dream works DESPITE the melodrama, not because of it. The songwriting is usually bright and hopeful despite what you may believe.

>And also, Corgan might not be the most technically advanced vocalist in rock. But in terms of creativity, mystery and beauty, his nasal, yet dreamlike voice absolutely feels perfect.
His voice sounds good over most tracks on Siamese Dream because it provides a high-pitched contract to the low, heavy guitars.

Disarm takes away every musical element that worked for the band and turns all their worst aspects up to 11. I stand by my statement as it being one of the worst songs of the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=xAy---wp_DQ
Best Pumpkin Era coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rr7th61VOk
Whoops, wrong link.