Why was he such a shitty director?

Why was he such a shitty director?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3C_BubeBU8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he spent too much time on fashion

>"YOUR HIT, ON THE REPUBLIC, IT DIDNT WORK MY FRIEND, AND NOW YOU HAVE MY STORMTROOPERS GOING AROUND THE GALAXY"

and nobody respected him because of his speech impediment

Say what you want, the man knew when to deploy the garrison

Because he only directed some shitty blue balls Godzilla movie before this and Disney thought that was worth hiring to helm one of their biggest movies of the year.

>BUYING STRAWBERRIES

i just think of bloodline when i see him tbqh familia

Do you feel in charge of this fully armed and operational battlestation?

i think of bane

youtube.com/watch?v=3C_BubeBU8E

Don't know. He just is. Look at how Godzilla turned out. It's not surprising that this movie was bad as well.

The sad thing about Rogue One is that they assembled an all-star cast, but wasted them.

Krennic was actually mildly interesting, and I'd say the only good new character. It's just that he was woefully underdeveloped. Honestly I would've preferred if RO still had the overall same plot outline, but it was a story told from Krennic's perspective.

Where's the pepe edit?

The CGI characters were pretty neat but it kinda freaked me out seeing dead actors all of a sudden. I liked how they used footage from the old movies during the X-Wing fight near the end. I liked that The Force was more of a mystical thing rather than Midichlorians. Darth Vader is intimating as always. I thought it was cool how the rebels on Sarif looked like soldiers from the Korean or Vietnam War.

Why were there only black Calamari? Where was General Ackbar? Why was the design of the robot in this movie different from R2-D2 or 3CPO? he's slimmer and more animated than them. How did Jyn's dad know Luke Skywalker would be the one to shoot the exhaust port? What would've happened if some other guy had to do it?

Forest Whittaker's character was completely unnecessary. I thought that the Asian blind Kung Fu thing was corny and pandering to China a bit much.

He choked on his aspirations

Rogue One crammed too much into 2 hours. Netflix has spoiled me because films don't give enough time for characterization and/or plot progression. It should've been a mini-series of 5-6 episodes to fully realize Jyn, Krennic, and everyone else.

>Luke did I ever tell you about director krennic? He was in charge of building the death star and kidnapped jyn ersos father and killed his wife. For some reason he did not think that he would try and ruin the death star. He went around and reported to your father who lived on a lava planet, much like the one I chopped off his arm and legs and left him to burn alive, he must of thought it was a good planet. When reporting to your father he started complaining about the cgi tarkin then vader force choked him while quipping. He then went to the planet where all of the imperial archives are stored. And fought the brave multicultural cast of the rogue one. He got shot by the Hispanic man and saw the death star laser shoot the area he was on, which was the biggest storage of Imperial data, to kill a couple of rebels who were already dead from the thousands of storm troopers in the base. They also had at-ats there, a giant walker that can easily be destroyed by an x wing, which is something like that ship you had in your garage. Grand moff tarkin, still cgi, was the one who ordered the death star to fire, killing countless storm troopers and destroying almost all of the imperial data. He was not a good leader.

>Why was the design of the robot in this movie different from R2-D2 or 3CPO? he's slimmer and more animated than them.
Retcon. The Empire didn't have combat droids in the original trilogy and the filmmakers realized they needed a robot character to fill-in.

>How did Jyn's dad know Luke Skywalker would be the one to shoot the exhaust port? What would've happened if some other guy had to do it?
He didn't. He intentionally made that obscure weakness in the hopes that somebody could figure out a way to send a projectile through the exhaust port and destroy the Death Star. Jyn's dad was monitored thoroughly to not fuck-up that something relatively innocuous like that exhaust port wouldn't bared scrutiny.
It was fortunate that the Rebels had a Force-sensitive pilot to guide the torpedoes because the only other way would be to develop some form of remote-controlled missile, but that would've taken time to develop. The rebels didn't have that luxury because the Empire knew that Yavin was their base.

>I thought it was cool how the rebels on Sarif looked like soldiers from the Korean or Vietnam War.
Fucking THIS

The battle on Scariff actually made the Empire look terrifying as fuck. Those Imperial soldiers were actually competent and no magical Schwarz hax was gonna save the day for those Rebel grunts.

How do I improve it?

Because once again, it's hard to feel in charge when your boss is a masketta man

Meme harder

Half his scenes were cut. Watch the first few trailers, there's at 4 or 5 scenes featuring him that aren't even in the movie. Waste of based Ben Mendelson.

He spent the entire movie being shit on.

>Tarkin mocks the idea of the Death Star and then usurped control of it when it works, only then to use it on Krennic
>Vader threatens him and chokes him for no reason
>Sheev doesn't even give enough of a shit to call him to congratulate him on finishing the Empire's biggest project

Feels bad, man.

You forgot to explain why you think that

limited screentime

Based Nauts