How was it?

How was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E
slashfilm.com/the-oa-ending/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well the interpretive dance scene at the end to stop the school shooter was schlocky as hell.

It was terrible and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

MY SECOND FAVOURITE TELEVISION PROGRAM OF THIS YEAR.

THIS IS HOW SENTAI DRAMA IS MADE WELL.

THE COSTUME DESIGN WAS GREAT ALSO; EVERYTHING WITH WHICH BRIT MARLING IS INVOLVED IS EXCELLENT.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E

that was a really stupid ending. they should have gone all out with the fantasy of it. instead, they made it about gun control.

what costume design faggot? they ljust wear regular people clothes.

Wow, you completely missed the point.

HA HA HA HA HA HA oh my fucking god is this for real???????

everyone use something purple, i dunno why

Enlighten me please.

oh wow. that`s billiant stuff-of-genius costume design.

What?? Man I'm glad I turned this off after the first episode. Holy shit.

fucking terrible show, that little Russian girl who played oa as a kid was fucking adorable. I would do anything to have her. Give her to me. I wish she was my daughter.

Other than that, show sucked. Phyllis deserved more screen-time.

pictured: Russians

thing is, it is actually really good story telling. then it falls apart in the last episode.

Why would this ever possibly exist

It's good if you have seen Life of Pi, and immediately understand when and why the delusional portion of OA's story starts.

Just like how the indian boy in Pi made up a story of a tiger broing up with him on a boat, OA did with her 4 prisoner dimensional crawling story.

The reality is that she was raped constantly over 7 years and she deluded herself into thinking Hap replacing prisoners were actually resurrections.

When she tells her parents about the size of the holding area and her talking about 'cages' you can finally definitively see that she was embellishing her story.

She built this pseudo cult in the attic of a house because it was just like that FBI guy said: she's trying to heal herself by telling a more joyful story than what really happened.

I'd have rather seen what actually happened than some idiots fairly tale about dancing.

Interesting that rape cures blindness.

CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME

RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM

>The reality is that she was raped constantly over 7 years
no such reality is presented
>and her talking about 'cages' you can finally definitively see that she was embellishing h
you can definitively not see that too.
>FBI guy said
yeah, fbi guy was right when he said, in the last episode that her story was shit.

YOU ARE OVERLY CYNICAL TO APPRECIATE THE EARNEST AND SINCERE MESSAGE OF THIS STORY —"THE OA" IS NOT FOR PERSONS LIKE YOURSELVES.

I actually liked how they showed opening credits 57 minutes in in the first episode.right when she starts telling her story[/spoler]

Brett great. Eps 1-7 were sci-fi mysterykino. I'm still in two minds about the finale but memes aside, it will definitely make u think. Unlike so many shows that had their season finales this year, this is the only that actually made me look forward to what's going to happen next.

It's a fantastic slow burn, if you're into that kinda thing then you'll be in heaven.

their school, houses and surroundings made me depressed, what a fucking horrible place to live

Great point. I loved how despite being surrounded by other people and buildings, it felt so desolate. Reminded me of Gregory Crewdson's photographs.

But thats the thing - she still had visions and started to see again.

stupid.

Every character is raped somehow. And in the end, there is supposed to be a final raping of every single person in the show, with a major habbenning, but exotic dancing saves the day.

She's so cute.

I want a doppelganger of her, or maybe a clone, or a time machine and ill take her.

>exotic dancing saves the day
I actually liked how it was just a distraction and they didn't go full bollywood.

I don't understand how he didn't shoot them when they started dancing. I know I wanted to

Dance off bro, me and you.

Basically this. Shooter did not expect to see that shit and went full WTF? for a moment.

That would have been a better ending.

Boring 1st ep gets interesting at the end, next episodes stay interesting until right at the last moments of the last ep where it turns into spaghetti. Hopeful for a season 2 in the works.

The suggestion that everything was a lie at the end was disappointing.

dudes was the shooter the guy that the bully punched in the throat and ruined his chances of going to the song competition

i got bored by ep4 stuck through praying it would get interesting and make sense, it got progressively worse as the show continued. I guess the captivity parts were sorta interesting but uh yeah its really bad.

The worst tv show i have ever watched desu

He would have gone straight for Steve don't you think?

>Thinking there'll be a season 2.
It's finished, there was only ever going to be 1 season.

Those bags under her eyes are troubling.

You sound like some sort of imbecile.

There could be:

>The thing I will say is this: if we should be so lucky to have a season two, there are answers to all of the questions. That’s the delicious thing about the gap between seasons. People watch and take it in, revel in the mystery, argue about it online. And then, if they should be so lucky, the storytellers get to meet the audience when the story continues.

slashfilm.com/the-oa-ending/

I would love her. flaws and all.

No and i'm pretty sure they didn't showed shooters face on purpose because it didn't amttered.

based choir fag was content with steve making himself look like a fool before he died

Look up what excessive eye bags on children is symptomatic of and weep friendo.

i loved it... still i think they should have made a better thing with the ending, like OA dreaming more than one fucking time about the shooter, for example: dreaming about that in several episodes, or showing the guy at the background in other episodes. Without that it just felt like it came from nowhere.

and yes the story was fucking real, the books were planted by the fbi guy maybe

>The reality is that she was raped constantly over 7 years and she deluded herself into thinking Hap replacing prisoners were actually resurrections.

Did you ever consider that what happened in Hap's dungeon was real, but her miraculous survival of that leap off the bridge and return home to Michigan was a journey through purgatory?

Marling/OA is thinking not only 2 seasons but several: I think from the very beginning when we were on our own daydreaming a story, we definitely thought how can we construct something that, many seasons out, has a satisfying end? So there is an end and there is an answer to every riddle and nothing is done to just be sound and fury going nowhere. It all goes somewhere. And as to whether or not we get to tell that, I certainly hope that we do. There is a place that season two already begins in our minds and a place in which it ends.

Oh man, there is no context in which that makes sense. Thanks for saving me from wasting time on this show.

>interpretive dance to mega man battle music
>that scary black ASSAULT RIFLE, complete with pistol grip, tacticool scope, and HIGH CAPACITY CLIP
>everyone hides under the tables as if school shooters don't have a record of systematically executing people

Also, imagine if the shooter was portrayed as anything but a fucking white male

>the books were planted by the fbi guy maybe
Why did he do it though?

She had at least 2 dreams of the shooting - one right before the end and one couple of episodes before, she even told about that dream to the fbi dude.

Marling said the same thing about The sound Of My Voice. That she wrote it thinking of multiple films. She doesn't have the attention span to carry it out. She'll just move on to the next thing.

I just realised that i can't remember who was the 5th person. The 3 in pic and a teacher, but fucking hell i can't remember the 5th.

Cause they know thr dimension travel thing is real therefore they have to make her seem crazy so normies don't believe her while the government continues testing

some stoner dude with the fat sister

it was shit

if your a millennial or a hippie you will love this show.

bothering to even type this out on Sup Forums, ever

WHAT I WATCHED:
The OA

WHAT I EXPECTED:
A good show about magical realism, judging by the excellent end of the first episode

WHAT I GOT:
Zac Snyder's Sucker Punch, but all the CGI, exciting parts are replaced by Flatliners

:,(

>go through all the trouble to portray a realistic school shooting
>give the shooter an automatic rifle

I considered it, but the series would require a suspension of disbelief too great for me to accept that. Nevermind the fact that there's enough evidence to suggest that everything that happened to teeth-fu was non-supernatural.

The way she described her ACTUAL prison circumstances to her broken down father was telling. She describes water troughs and not a connected creek. She describes cages and not clear holding cells. She describes the entire holding area being the size of a tiny hotel room and not an expansive cave-like area. I could go on and on.

I expected it to go full Gainax at the end based on non-spoiler reactions to the ending

yeah it went full Gainax

They ran out of money and couldn't finish the series lol

>Netflix
>Running out of money for a series

Don't think so.

DOA

The whole not bad acting and sudden dance instalation thing made me think about theatre.

Kek, he was the most forgettable character in the whole show.

In fact I think out of the five only the teacher and the bully had any meaningful character development.

The problem is that her blindness was cured and she had vision-dreams that gave her nosebleeds, which just fucks up and confuses shit for no good reason. I don't think the creators actually had a solid idea of what they wanted the show to be and it has a sense of aimlessness about it that makes it lose any feeling of purpose behind anything that happens.

then how come it stopped being good and started being bad

Kap just threw her in the woods and she walked home lol
The movements didn't work
All the buildup ended abruptly, and even if you accept the explanation that she's crazy, then how did she

1) bite a fucking dog and have it turn on its owner
2) get shot when a bullet wasn't fired
etc

Anyone think the ending might not have even happened?

If OA got the names and ideas from those books, couldn't she have been imagining the school shooting after hearing about the mall shooting?

That shoots down the "but she had premonitions" theory.

>get shot when a bullet wasn't fired

When the shooter is tackled the gun fires 2-3 times and there's a bullet hole in the glass over where she's holding her chest. She was definitely shot.

She was never blind. It was a conversion disorder.

Also how was her blindness cured. Also why was Homer in that YouTube video talking about his NDE at the beginning if he was just made up. Also who does she have dreams which give her nosebleeds and come true even at the very end.

There's a lot of shit that can't be explained by her just being crazy or making things up. And honestly, that's what I disliked about the show. It was disjointed as fuck and didn't know what story it wanted to tell.

I could accept that the blow to the head cured her blindness - there have been cases in the real world where people with half their brain missing somehow recovers full mental capacity.

The nosebleed shit could also be another freak physiological incident.

Maybe you are right about them forgetting about their main drive of the show, since it seems that evidence for the "She was lying" narrative was dumped all in the last episode. Finding all those books from a random house invasion was kind of lazy.

Couldnt they have achieved the same results if they just pulled down their pants and started pissing everywhere?

I just saw the last episode tonight.

I'm fucking fuming.

It was so fucking perfect, and the writers decided to just take a shit all over the entire narrative they wrote.

I fucking hate endings like these, because it makes me wonder if the show was even worth my time because "it was all a lie" or "it was all a dream".

I really liked the level of diversity they had in the characters. The dreadlock hippie should've been a black guy, though.

This.

What a waste of eight hours.

>it seems that evidence for the "She was lying" narrative was dumped all in the last episode.

Yeah, it seriously felt so out of place. Regardless of how bonkers her story was, there was never anything that seemed to particularly hint at certain elements being specifically fabricated or exaggerated from a reality you can see through the seams. Even in hindsight there are no hints of parts of the story that break down the internal consistency or anything like that, her narrative is airtight if all you do is just accept some simple mysticism.

Ultimately, I liked what they were going for but I think they did a bad job of it and paced it poorly.

Maybe all the second half of the last episode is a giant red herring and season 2 reveals that the FBI guy planted those books and they're in cahoots with Hap. Of course somehow Prairie knew this and that's why she didn't want to talk to the FBI.

There's a lot of better endings I could have made up.

Would have been a good ending if the shooter shot up the school, FBI knocks out the OA and she wakes up in Haps cage again

Even though I felt the same way, it is pretty clear from the writers that it was not a lie and things will be further explained in season 2.

It's pretty clear from the show itself that it was not a lie and they just made the laziest possible red herring and wedged it in right at the end to make it FEEL ambiguous to justify a second season and drum up fake drama and conflict in the story after everything was clearly resolved.

's explanation is the only reasonable one there. Why else would FBI Guy who is supposedly a 'therapist' be inside of OA's home, or had close eyes on OA's home?

>season 2

kek good one

Why would Alfonso suddenly feel the urge to break into Prairie's house and scour all of her things even though she had been gone for 7 years and didn't bring anything back with her from captivity? Character motivations didn't make a lot of sense toward the end.

Yeah, that was really confusing desu

He was just trying to find anything that would help in their search of the people she was with and Hap. Even if she wrote down a name on a piece of paper that she left on her desk it could help them. Alfonso being there and going through her stuff makes sense to me, what doesn't is why Mr.I'mheretolisten was in the house and why Alfonso never questioned it. At the very least he should've questioned why the guy didn't call the police or anything because at the end of the day it was a B&E

The cafeteria worker who tackled the gunman was the scientist.

>The cafeteria worker who tackled the gunman was the scientist.
Haps "friend"? Same actor? I'm to lazy to look it up myself.

No, the cafeteria worker WAS Hap. It all makes sense if you think about it.

Wait, how does that make sense? Can you explain your theory?

No, not yet, but someday I will be able to.

fuck you.

omg, I can't believe this thread again, you are all amazing people! How can you not get the whole point of the The OA, It does not fucking matter if she was an angel or a rape victim you have to fucking believe what is she telling you and at the end you will somehow unlock a hidden knowledge of yourself and the universe. why you have to put logic in this tv show and you ask for no logic in fuckin harry potter and it have such a big asshole cult ?
fuck you all, you are all doom

dude is pretty common in occultism aka summon angels or demons.

I feel like smart cholo dude had some good screen time too. Definetly felt like he was the mvp of the group along with Steve.