AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Can No Longer Afford GHOST RIDER

>Ghost Rider won't be returning to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. when the show comes back from its midseason winter break, and not just because the show's story is moving in a different direction. According to co-showrunner Jed Whedon, there were budgetary concerns to consistently portraying Robbie Reyes' flaming skull.

Whedon and fellow producer Jeffrey Bell admitted to TVLine that there were "financial considerations" in the choice to end Robbie's storyline at the midseason finale, but as Whedon explained, “He is trapped in another place, which usually means that he’s not dead.”

b-bu muh cgi is cheaper and easier

For those unfamiliar with comic Robbie, his look is distinct from other Ghost Riders and perhaps the easiest one to translate. All it would require is a helmet, and cgi flames added in post. Yet for some reason AoS decided to CGI an entire fucking skull that looks nothing like it. But then again, AoS Robbie is practically nothing like comic Robbie so whatever. Hopefully Danny or Johnny get a movie

its all non-canon anyway

Time to put him into Netflix with Moon Knight, Blade and Punisher.

>watching network capeshit

The whole storyline was a blatant backdoor pilot for Netflix anyway.

and the failing budget, if it wasn't already obvious, became clear when an arc literally titled "Ghost Rider" ended with an episode that had 3 minutes tops of actual Ghost Rider.

who fuckin cares about AoS lmfao

Damn, kinda feel bad for the fans.
I remember people liking Ghost Rider.

They should do this, wear a helmet and add some shitty flame cgi to cut budget.

say that again and see what happens

>tfw AoS is my fav MCU show and they're going to probably cancel it this season
Don't worry though, Felicity and friends will get 10 seasons easy.

Normalfags won't know he's Ghost Rider unless he's just a giant flaming skull

KEK

Cancellation soon?

But thats practically what it is already, just combined with a helmet/engine block. I think if your character has a flaming head and rides a vehicle thats one fire, its a safe bet its fucking Ghost Rider

Yes but usually it's a motorcycle. This GR uses a flaming car. Very confusing to the average viewer

Stop, you'll trigger the canon fags that still think the tv shows matter.

Normalfags also won't know he's Ghost Rider unless he's riding a chopper unlike the low-riding spic Marvel turned him into.

The secret is... im always triggered

Not possible, characters can only downgrade. From movie down to netflix or TV.

Ghostrider is already on the very bottom, he can't move up.

This show used to have major buzz. What went wrong?

Have you ever seen an episode?

Also, the only reason people tuned in initially is because they thought this will have something to do with the movies. Meanwhile, the show is so irrelevant that as far as Whedon is concerned Coulson is dead dead.

>This show used to have major buzz.
When?

som1 put the JUST hair on ghostrider

I was watching it for Chloe desu

It saw a fat chick and sobered up

Expectations. Everyone expected an avenger cameo every episode. When that didn't happen, people stopped watching. Not to mention that the season 1 story arcs sucked because they were waiting for the aftermath of winter soldier.

2013, before it premiered

Which one is Chloe? I like the discount Emma Watson.

Skye/Daisy Johnson.
>the hacker chick that everyone said is a Mary Sue

>No more Ghost Driver

Ah. Thanks for that heads up. Now I know not to keep watching it when it comes back. I only started watching AoS because of Ghost Driver.

Ah. She's pretty hot. Thought it was funny when she threw a fit that she doesn't get to be in movies.

I mean what hell, did she think this tv show was a stepping stone towards getting on the Avengers?

Well shit

>Driver

Now I never watched the show.
Does he drive a car and not ride a motorcycle?

She's only 23, so I can see her being naive enough that she thought that AoS and the movies would meet at some point.

The tv show actors and netflix actors do have movie options in their contracts but marvel/disney has no obligation to use them. Its more a safety net in case there is the off chance they want to use them in a movie. so they dont have to negotiate a huge pay check.

As someone who reads comics but not pleb capeshit, the only way for me to recognize Ghost Rider is if he's played by Nicolas Cage.

From what I recall, her comment was about how the movies don't mention anything that happens in the show. It seems like an inhuman outbreak would deserve at least one line of dialogue, or about the the newly formed ATCU being used in place of shield. But clickbait articles took it out of context to make her sound like she was whining about not being in a movie.

Agents of Shield is actually THE least watched show on the network right now

I wonder how you can mess up so badly

And for reference here's the Nielsens for the entire series

10 million people just walked away

Not being canon can be one thing.
Jessica Jones mention Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and even the alien invasion during the first Avengers movies.

I'll watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, but since Agents of the Shield isn't canon I won't waste my time.

wat? i've never seen agents of shield but the fucking CW can afford supergirl and the flash effects and they don't look terrible.

like jesus

who fuckin cares about AoS lmfao

Why did they even have him in the first place if they couldn't afford the CGI?

This is a literal pleb tier question.

How does ratings make money?
Commercials?
How does more people watching a show increase revenue to continue a show?

I don't think you understand canon user. AoS is argued to not be canon because it has no impact on the movies, but the events in the movies directly impact the show. Hell, the reason why Quake was in so much trouble at the start of S4 was because of the Sokovia accords being in place after Civil War and Quake was using powers in unauthorized ways, which directly went against the accords.

That's the thing though

CW's ratings are not setting the world on fire yet they do CG heavy shows anyway

Is this current year?

>that drop
It's over.
AoS is finished.
Even Ghost Rider and AIDSA coudln't save it.

>Supergirl that high
I didnt expect that senpai