Anybody else been watching the Breaking Bad marathon?

anybody else been watching the Breaking Bad marathon?

when you watch it all in order its pretty hard to deny how great it all was. Few shows can compare really

watching now Walt and Jesse hugging it out in the desert
it still holds up.

Yeah it's fucking addicting and I get mad when they stop at 5am to play the three stooges

I've also come to realize I loathe Walter White. He could've left the drug game but chose it instead of a normal life.

does anyone have more of this kind of images?

Dozens of shows are better. This is ok, Cranston elevated it, but there's not much going for it, it's not about much, doesnt say much, just ridiculous crime/action drama with one single compelling character.

Are you fucking high? This show broke ground with time lapse, music, intros, cliffhangers etc... watch how shows before breaking bad operated.

Now every show tries to copy its success.

Are you a child?

Are you?

Just about every character on this show big and small is interesting.

I am high actually, but it really didnt break any ground whatsoever. I like it fine, it's pretty good, but your statements are unfounded. Cliffhangers, music, intros i'm not even sure what you're talking about.

Dozens? Really? I bet you cant even name 5 better shows

>This show broke ground with time lapse, music, intros, cliffhangers etc..

>This show broke ground with time lapse, music, intros, cliffhangers etc...
Literally none of these things were unique to Breaking Bad and literally all of them had been on television since the 50s.

I realize this is a BB thread so i'm not gonna stick around to rain the parade but Walt's about it. Jesse is an afterthought, meaningless, Skylar is an archetype, Hank's pretty cool but not terribly riveting. Compare that to The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, with a number of well rounded, interesting characters whose arcs are fascinating even w/o the lead.

I got ya

>The flashbacks and flash-forwards before certain episodes.

I don't remember other tv shows that did this.

The Sopranos
Mad Men
Deadwood
The Wire
Twin Peaks

Jesse's a pretty good character, senpai.

Gus, Mike, Saul, Huel, Bill Burr

>twin peaks

Name 5 better shows

objectively right desu

Walt's in his briefs again.

Arguing over better shows? Breaking Bad was it's own type of show. As was The Wire and the Sopranos. You can't recreate that.

well I dont even like twin peaks, but X files is much better. As is Boardwalk empire, the shield, Rome and true detective

found the pleb

Mad Men
Luck
Vinyl
The Sopranos
Black Mirror

Breaking Bad, The Wire, Mad Men, The Sopranos, and True Detective.

Twin Peaks after season 1 is garbage. I barely even watch TV and I can tell it's try hard shit to appease autists that want to feel like they're watching something artistic.

>Boardwalk Empire
disdainforplebs.png

Agreed. Breaking Bad was the only show I couldn't wait to see the next episode.

All other shows I didn't get like that till I knew it was the final season.

wow. Luck and vinyl? thats some hard core contrarianism

Breaking Bad is a pretty great show but those here who act like it isn't because it's been overrated by normies are contrarians, plain and simple.

I'm watching it after having watched Sopranos for the first time this fall, which really does have a lot of parallels to it. Honestly, it's still a really fun, fairly well written show, but I can see so many places where it pales in comparison.

More like your reddit ass fell for a shit troll.

It's a very good show, just incredibly overrated.

Sopranos I can always go back and watch a single episode but with Breaking Bad I have to watch the whole season.

That's why I consider them two types of shows. So I can't compare which is better in terms of quality or acting. Except Sopranos as whole cast has better acting.

walter is asshole. why jessie hate?

>ghost plate
my sides

man I still have to watch deadwood, been putting it off.

does anyone know if they are still making a movie sequel?

This retard fucked everything up.
>hurr durr Walt has a hitman watching over me in literally the most public setting possible

It gave us some of the best memes outside of Baneposting.

mmmmm Lydia.

>25 year old aspie Todd has a thing for 45 year old neurotic MILF Lydia
What did they mean by this?

>not having a thing for older women

They did a perfect job with Lydia. They needed to have a character that captured the true lying, self serving, cold hearted, two faced, sociopathic nature of all women and she just nailed it.

he was high at the time I think
shes cute but way too high strung

meximarie best marie

Yes, havnet watched it sense the show ended. Forgot a lot of the stuff so its sort of new again to me. Watching it on Netflix though for the F words and no commercials

>the neo-Nazis are terrible villains to have for the finale!
Is there a more pleb opinion? The point of S5 was for Walt's hubris to cave into itself and that's precisely the purpose Jack and crew served.

He was clean, he was still just paranoid as hell.

The problem was there was no build up to them, they mostly come out of nowhere. Their mistake was having Gus wipeout the Cartel because it left no other villains.

Season 5 with the Cartel and the DEA coming after Walt would have been much better.

This. Aside from the cancer the main conflict of the show was always walt vs. himself

>X files is much better.
than breaking bad? lol

>you will never be massaging Lydia's feet as Walt tells her he gave her the ricin
>you will never convince her that there's nothing left for her to do except take your virginity while she still can
>she will never dry her eyes and then slowly remove your scorpion jacket tenderly
>she will never crouch on top of you, holding onto your shoulder for balance and lower her quivering vagina onto your mineral hard cock
>she will never pound your cock over and over and over again whilst shuddering throughout a continuous orgasm as you slap and flick her clit, making her squeal "n-no don't touch me there, hnnh, t-that's so lewd, unnf"
>you will never climax and fire an ocean of your dark grey load up into her fertile womb and impregnate her ovaries as the last few seconds of her life drain from her eyes and she dies, her vaginal walls succumbing to rigor mortis and permanently clamping themselves to your heisenboner

what is this from?

>Season 5 with the Cartel and the DEA coming after Walt would have been much better
So just like the first four seasons, you retard? Like I said, via the neo-Nazis, Walt self-induced his downfall, which is something that was being engineered since the beginning. The Nazis themselves were ancillary.

Anybody have the webm of Dexter's master detective skills where he's supposed to sneakily watching someone but is standing right in the open? Makes me kek every time.

No not like the first 4 seasons you mongoloid, it's called a natural escalation

>Season 1 - local street level drug dealers
>Season 2 - higher level distributors
>Season 3 - Gus and rival drug dealers
>Season 4 - Gus and the beginning of the cartel
>Season 5 - The Cartel

Why go through 4 seasons of Mexican drug dealers or people with connections to them and then suddenly go "Nah, let's do white supremacists now"?

because at the end of Season 4 Walt thinks he's taken out the Cartel and everything will be fine.

He didn't know there were other drug competitors out there. Walt is Naive.

If you actually watched the show, Season 4 was implicitly all about the Cartel. By the end Walt single-handedly toppled them and thus laid the foundations for his Empire. He monopolized the game. From there only he could be the one to end his own reign.

Why is this so hard to understand? The Nazis weren't the real villains.

>Season 4 was implicitly all about the Cartel. By the end Walt single-handedly toppled them and thus laid the foundations for his Empire

And by Walt you mean Gus. Maybe you should watch the show next time.

gotchu senpai

Damn, Marie looks like that?

jimmyfag pls

Either way, Walt became King Shit and having the Cartel be the final boss would be retreading all too familiar ground.

The point of this all is that the Nazis weren't the real bad guys.

>Gus

In my opinion bringing him in in the first place screwed the show. His whole character and demeanor were over the top cartoonish. They should've just kept kept the cartel as the big powerful guys that Walt has to deal with.

Looks like an older Emily Ratajkowski

>okay, we need you in the background of this shot to let our retarded audience know you're following him, go stand by the window
>but he would easily see me
>doesn't matter

?
Gus was too cartoonish? He was super calm all the time though

This dude was much more dastardly than Walt and he didn't even have a meth empire.

>tfw Saul Goodman will never make tender love to you while he whispers legal advice into your ear

she has bigger tits though

Nah, Walt killed those dealers with his car, planned Gales death, poisoned a child, planned and executed an international heist and planned and executed prison inmates and was responsible for the death of his brother in law.

>The point of this all is that the Nazis weren't the real bad guys.

You're point is so obvious there is a reason I haven't even addressed it. You can do the same "Walt is his own enemy" storyline with the cartel instead, which would be more internally consistent to the progress of the show.

True. Because he didnt have the Cancer jumping off point

All of those were strategic and pragmatic moves to survive. Nygaard was a sly devil.

I lost any and all sympathy for him when he framed his brother for the murder. Sure, his brother was a dick to him, but could you really blame him after everything he did?

I wish FX did marathons like this with their old shows. I would love to catch reruns of the Shield, Justified, and other shows

But the cartel is gone? Why are you talking in circles? But assuming they still were around (you have a point about "internal consistency"), the Nazis were pawns in Walt's game of chess, while the cartels have always been playing checkers. Walt used the latter as tools, leading to his downfall, which is why it's much more compelling than him fucking over Mexicans for the upteenth time. I'm not at all saying you're wrong as Vince Gilligan made a shit ton of poor decisions with Season 5, but I'm saying there's nothing wrong with the Nazis narratively.

which of jessies girlfriends was better

>But the cartel is gone? Why are you talking in circles?

Because my first fucking post was that they shouldn't have killed the Cartel in season 4. So you can't follow the show nor a simple conversation.

A SoA marathon would be goat just for the Jax Posting

REACH OUT TO ME BROTHERS

Man I liked both SoA and Breaking bad more when they were in their first few seasons. The escalation makes them more unbelievable as they go on.

JESUS CHRIST user

>He was super calm all the time though

It's not so much his personality overall, but his whole story and the way he carried himself

>The super high tech sci fi meth lab
>All his henchman talking in that droll monitone, robot like voice
>The way he would turn his head and change immediately from friendly chicken man to deadly meth dealer
>The box cutter scene
>His demeanor of being super professional and clean being emphasized to the ninth degree

And my first post and the own you responded to complement each other well. It's much better for Walt to have created his own enemy from a thematic standpoint instead of endless escalation towards an omnipotent force like the cartel. We just have disagreements as to how the show concluded, and that's fine. I see why you have your faults with the Nazis, but I think they were just fine. At least they were introduced in 5A instead of literally coming out of nowhere in 5B.

I loved this series but the last season wasn't really that good imo

My only gripe was that shit felt too bleak, like the show itself was self-aware it was ending soon.

Vince wanted to end it at 5 seasons. It was meant to be bleak. Mr. Chips to Scarface.

>killed dealers
He acted in good faith, while it's a crime, it's self defense.
>poisoned a child
Lester wouldn't know the right dosage, Walt did
>international heist
It's not international if you don't leave the country
>prison inmates
He simply paid some skinhead.
>responsible for Hank's death
Not directly. Hank was covering his ass and decided to play games. If he had been a 'good' cop things wouldn't have gone south.

It's a good feel

Good. That sounds a little gay desu senpai

Lost did this.

>b-but that doesn't count cause the last season is bad!!

Damages

I think BrBa's true legacy hasn't surfaced yet, but in the future it'll be something along the lines of engaging set pieces as audience hooks rather than narrative devices, and not in a "jump the shark" kind of sense. Besides that, I don't know what it could be. Nothing else about it was too groundbreaking.