ITT: documentary kino

ITT: documentary kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=nkCMSrvOTAo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also Curtis's Century of the Self.

Hypernormalisation aint that gr8

I love that youtube spoof someone made that shows how fucking stupid adam curtis shit is and how its just a bunch of random shit to make redditors feel smart

Start posting any time

I miss Ghaddafi

But this was a fantasy...

that's 2 hours and 41 minutes too long

I fucking loved this

youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg

What did he mean by this?

Inb4 banned

Only poster for the movie

Link? I liked his stuff on Ghaddafi, but when he showed that guy with roid rage, as if he is supposed to represent the majority of Trump supporters, I knew he was going a bit off the rails

Angel of Nanjing
Megacities
Burma VJ (my #1)
Alone in the Wilderness
Hearts and Minds
Why Beauty Matters

Adams Curtis makes some of the most air-tight documentaries out there. The only people that get frumpy over them are the people that feel insulted by them.

youtube.com/watch?v=nkCMSrvOTAo

Darkon

Wired's "Future Cities" series

HyperNormailisation sucked. Way too long and was just a standard NeoCon "Big bad Russia and Arabs dun fucked the world up".

>genetic outcasts

>NeoCon
not an argument, Vasily

>Big bad Russia and Arabs dun fucked the world up

Wait what? I thought it was saying quite the opposite.

>air-tight
hmmm

yes

Came to post this

Shoulda watched the theatrical version. Its pretty good, not exciting but a disturbing look into human psyche.

The whole point of the documentary is that the Middle East's present form as an Islamic hellhole is largely the fault of Cold War powers going in there and ducking around in it fighting proxy wars while Syria just sat back and pokes everyone with sticks.

Two of my favorite HerzogKino

kek

my problem with documentaries is they're too much on interpretation usually and too social and not aesthetic enough.

Adam Curtis' stuff is really aesthetic on the other hand, so even if all the dots he connects are no more important than the interrelations of any other dots, it's all so aesthetic that it adds up to just being this really cool sci fi-like or other genre experience, which is how reality should be seen anyways. it's all just the interrelations of styles, and there isn't some ultimate 'objective' or 'rational' or 'political' style that solves the problems in the inherent tensions and clashes of styles in the bigger picture, which is creative and beautiful anyways.

it painted with too broad of strokes, and left me piecing together ideas instead of teaching me a subject. I'm only guessing the purpose of the video is some kind of art / opinion / propaganda.