Is football talent drying up? the only real talent to emerge in this messi-ron era has been neymar

Is football talent drying up? the only real talent to emerge in this messi-ron era has been neymar.

There are plenty of top quality players. The problem is comparing them to Messi and Ronaldo.

Players' average level is raising from year to year. An average MLS team from 2017 would dominate 1987 Ligue 1
The problem is that you compare average players to demi-Gods like Messi (an autist born for football) and Ronaldo (an autist of work with an autism of work ethics)

>He is the only one with talent because he assisted the GOAT in Liga against Siesta FC's and now running circles in farmer's League in a team worth more than the rest of the league combined

i think a lot of it is just that we're so overexposed to football, especially foreign football nowadays

the top players don't seem so exotic any more because we watch them every week making the same mistakes and having the same flaws that all the goats of the 90s probably did but we just didn't realise

it's also the fact that all of the world's best players play for the same 7-8 clubs whereas i think talent used to be a lot more spread out so top players could stand out more in average teams

>average MLS team from 2017 would dominate 1987 Ligue 1
I don't know much about 1987 ligue 1 but that sounds like a ridiculous claim.

oh, and also we're spoiled by messi and ronaldo; they'd be goats in any era and make everyone else look shitty by comparison

Ligue 1 was probably stronger back then than it is now. That Marseille team in the early 90s were absolute quality

>also the fact that all of the world's best players play for the same 7-8 clubs
This. In 10 years time, at this rate, the world's best two players in each position will be playing for Real.

i am talking about talent. players today are more about fitness and repetition. if you brought the 1987 ligue 1 players to the same fitness level as the current crop of mls players the outcome would favor the ligue 1ers.

we live in a world where an inter reject is about to be bought by barca with great sum of money. the clubs have run out of talent.

Watch a game from the 80s and compare the pace to today. He's absolutely right

The problem is that a player needs to be marketable thesed days, just the skills dont cut it as everybody is at a very high level, so you need the personality as well, back at the day the really skilled one stood out cause everybody else was a bit shit, but nowadays you need Messi and Ronaldo kind of mad skills to stand out

But all those players you find "average" or "shit" are in fact cream of the crop.
They can make perfect passes and shoot with great precision, almost never miss or anything, respect tactics, etc.
They make errors because of modern high tempo high press strategy, which is based on a perfect physical condition
Today, 1 error in your midfield = immediate danger near your goal
Players from 30 years ago made plenty of errors that didn't pay, because players weren't "pacy"

you might have a point there. but is still believe that talent is being overlooked for more pacy and physical players. talented players are being overlooked by the european clubs in favor of strength that even feeder clubs and clubs where most players originate are also looking at size and speed. i think the game is now a bit corrupted.

neymar carried Barcelona to the 6-1

that is what im saying. the modern player has been cut down to a few skill set that only fits the system they play in.

Messi and Ronaldo are once in a lifetime talents

Yeah of course but MLS? Is Chris Wondolowski better than Jean Pierre Papin in Sup Forums world now?

>That Marseille team in the early 90s were absolute quality
Yes, at match fixing and injecting steroids right before walking out of the tunnel

Sup Forums thinks the roid rats of today are better than the gems of the past.

>Papin, Waddle, Cantona, Völler, Tigana were nothing special m8