MY LITTLE DARK AGE

Where is the leak boys

leak it deaks

uploading now at 15%

Lel

When you’re smaaaallllllllllll
The album won’t leak at alllllllllll

fuck off already.

the two singles are awful. nothing more than wannabe catchy goth pop with no actual memorable melodies or hooks. plus the instrumentation sounds completely jarring. none of the sounds fit together and it sounds like they were just throwing shit in there to make it sound like 80s goth.

mgmt are trend-hopping posers who will do anything to stay relevant among other trend-hopping posers.

if you want actually good modern goth music then listen to these
youtube.com/watch?v=-GfGxXGy5Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=82zc9ZctncA&t=649s
youtube.com/watch?v=fPnWLUEWBQc
youtube.com/watch?v=lSvycJ6ESzw&t=486s

MGMT's last good album was Oracular Spectacular.

garbage

tourist

Why are you always in the mgmt threads calling them goth posers? You must be autistic if you think they are trying to be goth. It’s fine to say you don’t like the music but they are just fucking around

>You must be autistic if you think they are trying to be goth
what do you mean? how are they not trying to be goth? look at the album title. listen to the lyrics. listen to the sudden random incorporation of 80s sounding synths. wach this video and tell me they're not trying to be goth. atyoutube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs

Oh, just shut up.

like that poster said you might be autistic. This album doesn't sound that different from congratulations with maybe %10 added from Chairlift. They're making fun of goth in that video, and even that video isn't that different from Flash Delirium.

also isn't that iceage album from 2013? That's your evidence for a goth revival that MGMT is stealing?

It’s satire you moron. It’s a music video about a music video. He’s chopping fruit like wood and the death man is literally vaping. There’s a fucking plastic bat taped to the microphone.

they're not attempting to make goth music they're just appropriating the aesthetic, and i'm saying this as a fan of actual gothic rock
they have more in common with tame impala than siouxsie and the banshees. you're comparing apples and oranges. it's enjoyable enough for what it is.
also how are you gonna say that when you die isn't catchy.

>That's your evidence for a goth revival that MGMT is stealing?
who tf said anything about a goth revival? i just posted modern music that incorporates the original 80's goth sound in an actually tasteful way.

>It’s satire
maybe the video, but even then there's a tinge of sincerity to it. also what about everything else i said? lyrics? subject matter? song/album titles? album cover? 80's synths?
everything they're doing for this album is an attempt to rebrand themselves.
just wait. when the album comes out and p4k calls it goth revival we're going to have dozens of threads with underage kids asking for more "goth" music like little dark age

>we're going to have dozens of threads with underage kids asking for more "goth" music like little dark age
god, i can actually see this happening. it's going to be what the mid 2000s did to emo all over again.

2nd part of OS > Congratulations
Don't bother responding

GIVE ME THE LEAK

DEAR MR DEAK

WE DEMAND THE LEAK

DEAR MR DEAK

WE DEMAND THE LEAK

GO FUCK YOURSELF

GO FUCK YOURSELF

"no u"

We don't want "goth music", we want MGMT. MGMT has never been goth, if you think that is the idea of this album you're oversimplifying it. MGMT's music has always been full of occult mystical ideas. Just because the guy dyed his hair black doesn't mean he's trying to be goth. It was the dumbass modern critic scene that decided they were trying to be like The Cure.

A shame that none of the album or singles artwork is original.

you're in denial.

>iceage

LOL

uploading now

I wonder why the reasoning behind that was

>no actual memorable melodies or hooks
little dark age was in my head for a week so souds like youre just retarded

this is bait and you all bit

Nah this dude is always posting this type of shit on mgmt threads. He’s a legit triggered gothfag

>MGMT are trend hopping posers
This couldn't be further from the truth.

More like trailblazers

fucking plebs. mgmt was never good (with the exception of a couple early singles) and the fact that they're trying so desperately to re-invent themselves now just proves it.

lol what trail did they ever blaze?

Mainstream “indiepop”

>MGMT's only good music is their early singles

first off, there are three singles out

leak it

Thx for the song.

Now fuck off.

deak

Do y’all think this will be better than Congratulations?

S/T was okay, but The second half kind of sucked. I was worried they would never get to the same level as Congrats again without Sonic Boom, but the 3 songs released so far are all amazing, so I’m really hopeful.

Is there an actual release date mon ami's?

The 9th according to Wikipedia

G O F U C K Y O U R S E L F

>good modern goth
thats the worst shit ive heard

you coulda posted like chelsea wolfe or the soft moon or anything else come on

DJ AARON ELLIIIIIS

I think it will be
Congrats>LDA>OS=S/T
I think will be their Spiritual successor to OS as it has really poppy songs mixed with psych rock tunes that will please everyone. This album seems to have a great blend and balance of their past records.It will def be a hit with the gen public.
I also really enjoyed S/T but you definitely need to be in a mood for it. All critiques of it are valid but some of their best songs are on there like ILYTD, Orphan of Fortune and Alien Days.

lmao i remember the rage caused by this shit being watermarked all over the painting with leaks. good times.

based

youtube.com/watch?v=DhrHwbHCkzc

Have you heard anything MGMT has done before the new singles?
also
>wannabe catchy goth pop
>no actual memorable melodies or hooks
then I guess they don't want to be catchy

Not liking congratulations in contrarian
Nice bait, dude

lmao everything chelsea released after apocalypsis is cheesy mallgoth

*suddenly mgmt defense force swoops in*
this feels very sus

Mgmt has always been based

Wow, I've never seen Sup Forums this triggered before.

Kids is a great song. That’s why

>so desperately trying to re-invent themselves
Shit sounds like the natural progression from their last two albums, you MONG

kids is a great song. but this new stuff is trash

whos getting AOTY this feburary 9th?