Holy shit this show is so good. But am I too late to enjoy it?

Holy shit this show is so good. But am I too late to enjoy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6zZYCb-hyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=y6zZYCb-hyQ

Was it raep?

No.

/scdp/ were the comfiest threads and yeah you missed those, but there are plenty of fans still here and madmen threads often get pretty long.

Nah we can still talk about it, the threads are few and far between but if you build it, they will come.

What season are you on?

season 2!

Nah nigga you just missed out on posting during commercials, I missed out on Spartacus threads and occasionally those pop up so I'm satisfied.

Enjoy the ride nigga you only get it once.

Best episode is S03E11

I dropped this show after the second ep cause it was boring af, when does it gets good?

I fall in love every time I see bettie draper. How can a man cheat on somebody like that? I guess it's true that men want what they don't have

I'm jealous, I wish I could rewatch it and experience for the first time again.

Season 2 is pretty good, definitely gets interesting. Season 5 is my favorite though.

>am I too late to enjoy it

Wat

S01E01 at 00:01

So get this, a guy walked into an advertisement agency.. yada, yada, yada.. long story short, he'll never play golf again.

I can't bring myself to finish the second half of season 7. I am scared it will be shit.

Even when she had the weight on she had a charm.

Her inevitable death hit me the most, I still want yo know what happened to preggo hippy Caity Lotz.

yeah i took a couple months after the first half of season 7. but don't worry, second half is excellent.

Watch and find out?

Cole Phelps will never go hunting again.

Sometimes shows need to be watched when it's in vogue to get the best memories of it. I feel I've missed out

It does sort of all collapse under its own weight in season 7. The back half isn't *bad* at all, and the finale isn't *bad* either - there's just nowhere you can go with Don that will be satisfying except killing him. Or what they did. But the way they did what they did to him in the finale is kinda ham fisted so its less satisfying than seeing Rock Bottom Don lynching himself drunk.

Don't worry about it being shit, see the ride to the end. Just don't expect a masterwork finale, it was impossible 7 seasons in, given what you've experienced with this show thus far.

this sounds like a normie sentiment

I felt kinda empty at the finale for Don but others had a definitive ending, but I realize that's the point for Don.

>Don
>what they did to him in the finale is kinda ham

i see what you did there

You missed out on the best threads ever on Sup Forums with the best discussions but at least you can still enjoy the show.

I cried like a bitch during that scene

>ywn watch it for the first time again

why live tho

The music was perfect for that moment too and the acting was on point. Similar moment was in season 7 with happy valentine's day I love you.

Chocolate bar fucked me up and his brother too.

Same here. Can someone explain on what makes this show good? Is it the characters, the plot line, the acting? What makes you look past the boringness of the pilot episode? I feel like I'm setting my expectations way too high.

>not the entirety of The Suitcase, the ending of Signal 30, or Betty's phonecall

Who was in the wrong here?

>go through this much effort for muh realism
>completely fuck up the hair and fashion of the entire decade

Everything is perfect. The writing, directing, acting, music, sets, pacing, humor, costumes. I didn't enjoy it the first time I watched it but the second time I tried a year later I blew through the two seasons at the time.

The cancer call?

>tfw nothing to replace Mad Men
>tfw closest were The Knick and The Young Pope but have a long time between seasons

Yes. Also her scene with Sally was nice.

WATCH IT, VOIELLO

I had really high hopes for Masters of Sex.

Betty best grill

>That scene where Don Draper gets drugged and raped

Whoa that was going a bit too far

>Is it the characters, the plot line, the acting?
Yes. I think for the most part the show is almost perfectly executed, season 1 is kind of weak though.

Don ruined her

>he doesn't watch The Americans

I do but I don't think it's as good as those other shows or Mad Men.

Whatever happened to Hare Krishna Star Trek man? I can't remember names because it's been too long.

Why the fuck does AMC keep shilling Walking Dead so hard when they had shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Hell on Wheels? They fucking killed any potential Low Winter Sun had and Halt and Catch Fire is alright I guess. The Pierce Brosnan western show isn't going to make it past first season if you ask me.

I wish there was a law that demanded women like that to breed at least 12 children

Season 5? Is that the season that he really starts drinking and blacking out? Probably my favorite too.

The Americans is literally the last gasp of God tier TV. The Knick is great, haven't seen Young Pope, thought that aired next year.

>acting like a spoiled child even with her new husband instead of realizing marriage is a dual effort and coming to terms with that she failed on her part with Don
She ruined herself. Stuck-up mannequin.

Great fucking show since Sons of Anarchy ended.

Can't wait for brown to reach out to white.

>tfw Martha

>haven't seen Young Pope, thought that aired next year.
The season finished airing in Europe already. Download it now and some subtitles, it's great.

The walking dead is more popular than any of those shows.

>tfw Mayans debuts and we have to reach out to white every week

Forgot what they did to The Killing selling after a great season to Netflix just to die.

Bullet didn't deserve it...

Nice will check it out bro

Literally never cared about a woman as much as I did Martha.
That devastating 3 episode stretch trying to exfiltrate her.

F

I mean let's be honest season 1/2 were pretty weak and by the time we got to god tier season 3 no one gave a fuck.

Fuck Duck

>tfw you originally hated Martha for distracting from the rest of the storylines, but holy shit that last season

Yeah but it's a roller coaster of highs and lows.

You can't tell me you'd rewatch season 2, anything not Governor/Negan related, or filler with fish. Season 1 is best and Shane is alright but that second season is just fucking bleh and everything feels like filler without characters like Negan and Governor. Crazy Rick was pretty watchable but that literally did nothing in the overall impact.

why is based Martha so sexy, fuck man she looks so average but I want her so fucking bad

>suitcase
>Nina

Sally Draper had it worse than anyone else in the show.

Because she's loving and loyle to her man

>rich as fuck
>good looking
>intelligent
>well connected family
She's set for life

>your execution will be handled shortly

She knows the kink and wants to please. I hope she's alright and I wonder where they're going to go with Phillip's kid.

Nina got fucking rekt hard and Pastor Tim is liability that needs to be solved.

>fellow user enjoyed MadMen and The Knick
haven't watched The Young Pope yet but will have to now

>threatening based Pastor Tim

>tfw you will never have a woman as loyal as Martha
Why must all the women in the real world be lying whores

This is true but it would be nice if AMC didn't become: The Walking Dead: The Channel

$20 says Martha shows up season 5 pregnant.

>tfw you despise Pastor Tim but he becomes a fucking bro after coming back from Africa

Don dies, crushed by his magnum opus; a giant billboard for Hershey's chocolate in Times Square.

They're either going to go for a long haul or kill him. I say it's long haul and Peggy's cute chink self better come back.

>finish the series
>it doesn't end with Don jumping out his office window, catching a glimpse of an advertisement featuring a happy family similar to the one he used to have before cutting to black

Fucking Young Hee was so awesome

If they kill Pastor Tim, we riot

I'm not saying it's better just that their shilling makes sense as it makes them a lot of money. I don't think Mad Men was under-promoted, it's just not what the plebs like.

I was expecting Don to kill himself too.

I forget is this a Mad Men thread or The Americans thread?????????

Can't tell anymore

Martha was fucking based and is how you handle mousy characters.

I know this isn't a capeshit thread but Arrow fucked Felicity hard post season 2, my only hope is China White with Manu's Slade coming back happens.

>spend 3 seasons thinking Pastor Tim is going to turn out to be a child predator
>turns out to be a legitimate god fearing man that loves his wife

>tfw just calling him Tim feels dirty and you have to add the Pastor

Fuck that storyline, mang
>That message Young Hee left asking for Elizabeth's help in dealing with why her husband was acting strangely

2dark for normies
Is their even any shows where the ending is the protagonist killing himself?

We took over the Mad Men thread and turned it into a The Americans thread. God damned this site can be great when the cunts stay out.

>tfw you spent 3 seasons expecting Pastor Tim to be some deep cover illegal working for the USSR
>tfw he's just some naive do-gooder that only sees the best in people

>tfw loved Arrow seasons 1 & 2
>wanted Ollie to tap Felicity for the longest time
>tfw stopped watching a few episodes into season 3 because it became shit
>apparently it's even worse and because of Felicity

Do they at least still have based action scenes?

Season 4 of The Americans is the single most devastating season of TV I've ever seen

True, I'll be pissed about Low Winter Sun literally being marketed as the after Breaking Bad show when that could have been AMC's The Wire/The Shield.

there* FUCK

>tfw can't watch The Americans without a bottle of Pepto due to the stomach ache the anxiety causes

Fucking God tier writing

>spend 3 seasons wanting Pastor Tim to die
>feel like shit for ever wanting him to die by the end of season 4

The show had a bittersweet ending for the drapers. All of them are fucked to some extend.

Season 4 went full retard and 5 is definitely pretty good. They even threw in a scene that was a flashback to season 1 where they're trying to figure out who the new villain is because Ollie killed his dad season 1.

Ollie killed Felicity's boyfriend and Laurel is apparently alive?

Didn't Elizabeth kill the alcoholic nigger and her husband?

I wish they aired marathons of past seasons or gave the show more attention.

Killed the wife because she was going to rat, the husband took all the money Elizabeth was giving them and fled to Florida

>Wanting a character as self-made as Don to kill himself
>Expecting the Randian ideal man to kill himself
please kys