Let's try something new

Let's try something new.

What are your favorite Japanese videogames/games set in Japan?

-Tenchu series
-Shinobido series
-Shinobi series
-Shogun Series
-Ninja Gaiden series
-Nioh
-Way of the Samurai series
-Yakuza series
-Shenmue series
-Mount & Blade Warband:Gekokujo Suguroku
-Samurai Warriors
-Toukiden Series
-Rising Storm
-Chulip
-Drakenguard/Nier(sort of)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rlvez2ZbedM
youtube.com/watch?v=oVf2rMILU0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anime

all of them on the list are quite trashes desu.

fuck anime and fuck manga. i stopped watching cartoons when i was 15.

Post ones you like then

Fuck anime
Agreed

Fuck anime, and fuck moeshit.

なぜ日本人は「ファンタジー・ヨーロッパ」を愛するのですか?

>>/vg/

>no Shogun Total War: Fall of the Samurai

Game was fucking dope.

君たちが侍や忍者が大好きなのと同じ理由ではないかな。

Sengoku rance

Golden Sun

公正なポイント。しかし、自分の文化を無視するのは悲しいことです。私はカウボーイが大好きですが、カウボーイのビデオゲームはまれです。

I want an open world Japanese game where you can customize your character and be a ninja, samurai, geisha, monk, priest, shrine maiden etc.

You would fight against 13 rival clans, and conquer the entirety of Japan, town by town, and village by village. You could do it diplomatically or by force(including blackmail, espionage, etc).

The fighting system would be similar to nier automata in combat, and the stealth would be like tenchu or shinobido.

Are you black American?

Hafu

t. Takeshi Takahashi

>Dragon shit
no novelty
no originality
no open

Good

今は西洋の文明・文化が世界を支配してるからな、その影響力を考えれば仕方が無い。

説明してください

Does Persona 5 count? It sets in modern japan :^)

Sort of, yeah SMT as well.

やーい、キモオタ

modern era = the prevalence of Western civilization. it affects every aspect of cultural value, even though it is just a game.

Agreed
>Mfw Darthmod and FOTS unit pack
Though I would like to play a game that goes more into the nitty-gritty of the Boshin War, seems like a very interesting transitional period in Japan's history.

This.

What a shame. The Japanese culture is very interesting. I guess its a "となりの芝葉あおい" situation.

Wrong translation, sorry
:となり の しばふ わ あおい"

I did put shogun on the list, are you smoking crack?

What are some good Japanese PS1 games?

/vg/ is full of moe-retards

you are as much a pretty hardcore and niche gamer as me. tenchu and shiobi series are all good. way of samurai is such a b-movie game but the devs of course are aware of all of what they do and purposefully make it the way for what it is.

play zettai zatsumei toshi 4 which is gonna come out soon and its series. you would enjoy it. imo its highly ambient and atmospheric game even though its the same type of cult/b-movie game as way of samurai and such.

trash
you arent a fan of japanese games but just a normie

Zettai Zatsumei? Never heard of it, but I will look it up.

One game I neglected to mention that was pretty fun was Hissatsu Ura-Kagyou, but it doesn't have a translation and I could only play the missions from save files.

Are there any games what will recapture the feeling of "spirited away"?

Why do you hate tenchu?

zettai zetsumei toshi. its called "disaster report" in the west. i dunno they are gonna bring out the new one for PS4 in the west, but probably it will get released without a shitty localization, unlike the past ones. its an earthquake survival game but highly focuses on human dramas/emotions there and has plenty of comical/funny/chill scenes that can make you smile, like way of samurai, yakuza, etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rlvez2ZbedM

dunno about Hissatsu Ura-Kagyou. this is something i was missing out.
i still play these obscure ps2 games

persona

Give it a try, I love obscure ps2 games, and it was one of the few assasination games that felt realistic.

i play nobunaga's ambition games because im a grand strategy autist

I've played as Genji on Hanamura

maybe okami. art is great and some places in the game are very chill the same way as chihiro but the story and some characters were a bit too cheesy for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=oVf2rMILU0M

ill try it. though i have already had too many backlogs of such ps2 games