So when does the Kendrick push back start? I'm getting a little sick of him

So when does the Kendrick push back start? I'm getting a little sick of him.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/3032281/kendrick-lamar-damn-reverse-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It started with TPAB on Sup Forums

Sup Forums push back happens almost immediately. I mean on a grand scale. Normies still worship the guy like hes god's gift to music.

started for me with damn, now this new soundtrack he is doing scares bc of how poppy it is, which is the trend damn went in and shows on a lot of his features as of late which cares me. I am not pushing back but his music is def becoming more "lowest common denominator"

I just find him completely and utterly boring now. UU and DAMN were both lame.

i felt it happen a little bit with damn amongst the slightly higher-tier normies

but yeah, mostly it's still just worship and i long for the day it stops

Soon. I know a lot of people who thought DAMN sucked/ was overhyped. If people keep calling him a genius he’ll get almost as much hate as Kanye does after a while

soon
just one more mediocre release and the push will commence

Americans are obsessed with finding their mythical black man to worship (Jimi Hendrix, MJ, Tupac, Kanye, now Kendrick) so when the next one replaces him I guess.

All jokes aside, probably when he gets exposed as a "coon" if that ever happens. I like Kendrick but idk how he's a genius when he's exactly following the blueprint of all the rappers before him and not surpassing them.

That being said, I like Kendrick. I just can't stand mainstream acts who cater to a particular niche that blends in between normalfag but not really normalfag at the same time.

They're always full of themselves.

I've always found him utterly boring. And I hate his fucking voice. And just his face and whole demeanor. He's so fucking corny and unpleasant.

And really he's like Imagine Dragons / U2. Just the most normal, corny bullshit for the worst people. Unselfaware douchebag with a "message".

mtv.com/news/3032281/kendrick-lamar-damn-reverse-interview/
“I don’t think the story necessarily changes, I think the feel changes,” he said. “The initial vibe listening from the top all the way to the bottom is ... this aggression and this attitude. You know, ‘DNA,’ and exposing who I really am. You listen from the back end, and it’s almost the duality and the contrast of the intricate Kendrick Lamar. Both of these pieces are who I am.”

wish him all the best but...
CORNY MOTHERFUCKER

He really believes his own hype. Isn't it funny how he has a lot of rabid fanboys but he isn't nearly as popular & mainstream as Kanye was in his prime?

How is that even possible when hip-hop is the biggest genre now?

you answered your own question. as much as tere is hype, it is like forcing yourself to say how good it is because the genre is NOT as big as it seems, so people will get super excited for him but five minutes later forget he exists. he's not kanye. the more people try to push him, the shittier he looks because he is believing them and then producing crappy music for that audience who does not know what good music is

>so people will get super excited for him but five minutes later forget he exists.

I think that just has to do with people's very short attention spans nowadays. No one is actually getting "excited" for anyone anymore.

That makes sense tho

speak for yourself, i am excited for music. just not mcdonald's music like kendrick. and everybody i know was like DAMN IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER and then quickly shut up two weeks later. only the stupid backward tracklist gimmick made them replay it. it has no value, it's a shitty hamburger. when the music is GREAT, people are excited and stay excited. just not on this here board. because this is a trash can board. but i think you're an exception. i'm an exception. less talk, more listening. but i like trashing kendrick, that's why i'm here.

It already started with DAMN, black panther will just make it worse.

>normalfag but not really normalfag at the same time
so basically Sup Forums

he's disney now, it's over

Not so much over, but less people are going to buy into the hype. GKMC, TPAB and UU get a lot of love but DAMN came and went all things considered.

Why should I speak for myself? I still get excited for artists but I'm not fooling myself when I say people get bored easily and forget fast in this Social Media generation. I spend my time on mainstream boards (the 2 of them) and social media.
And yes, DAMN. had weak single performance on the billboard chart in comparison to its hype which is why I agree with you.

The best thing I like about him is that he sampled the guy who ended up winning AOTY over him on his own album. Haha.

I tend to agree damn wasn't very good, I will still eat it up though. Gkmc was a masterpiece, I'll listen to everything he puts out

The fact that/mu/ thinks Kendrick received backlash fro DAMN just goes to show how out of touch people here really are. Yes, DAMN was shit. However, it was hot shit. People ate it up. It's only the internet circlejerks that DAMN was poorly received. Unfortunately we're going to be stuck with Kendrick until
1. He's dead (And then he will be meme'd as the next Tupac (another talentless hack))
2. Someone else replaces him

or 3. When they finally take those rape allegations against him seriously

Wait, rape allegations?

im actually starting to like him.

i had trouble understanding damn

but love is good

As much as i like GKMC, i find myself playing and enjoying damn way more.