What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jzY099ihULs
youtu.be/LnkMSmLc6mM
youtu.be/ihd_uzrX2Bw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The ending. Otherwise it was a legit good action sci-fi movie.

too many screams

T H I S

>implying the basement scene isn't pure xenokino

THIS

Nigger aids killed the aliens

That was the point when the movie started to go downhill desu

The part where everyone is gathering in town watching the first one spawn out of the ground was fucking ridiculously bad

Any scene involving the tripods was kino and you know it

Tom Cruise had his episode on oprah plus scientology which overall killed some of the hype around the movie since the moms who thought he was cute in the 80s suddenly thought he was no longer a safe and christian role model for their kids

Which sucks since the movie was actually cool, I was younger and at the time I had a pretty bad fear of aliens/apocalypse scenarios, and that movie FUCKED ME UP at some parts but overall I enjoyed it, and looking back it was solid

Nothing really, it was a great film.

>tripods are indestructible and unstoppable
>the pilots die
>suddenly marines are walking around using them for Javelin target practice
always found that odd desu

nothing wrong, great flick

BAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIUUUUUUU

The third act.

I fucking love that noise
youtu.be/jzY099ihULs

Dacota Fanning and her safe space. Tom Cruise' son was also a pain in the ass.
Otherwise it was reasonably full of good moments e.g:
The train on fire.
The boat scene and the ensuing chaos.
The M1 Abram's firing next to civilians. Great!
The red plants growing everywhere.
Taking people and processing them like cattle.
And so on.

Truly an iconic terrifying noise

I know there are plenty of others that instill that kinda fear in me but the only one I can pull off the top of my head is this

youtu.be/LnkMSmLc6mM

it was too american

So many things were exaggerated

BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP

True, it was pretty hollywood from what I remember but overall I liked how it dealt with the concepts

I feel if a miniseries with a smaller budget with more focus on writing would make up for it, but in sheer terms of grandiose scale i feel this movie is good enough

Too Spielbergian honestly. Inferior to the '53 version.

Oh cool, I love Nasum!

It sounds like a ship horn, then some random notes and in the end like some animal's mating call. I feel that it could have been made subtler.

The tripods themselves were also organic and got sick too I think. They were invulnerable because shields, when they dropped they were easy kills.

Yeah, I feel we're all in agreement that the movie suffered from too much hollywood and the movie should've been toned down a little

Something similar is the roar from Godzilla 2014 which was fucking awesome but a little too over the top

youtu.be/ihd_uzrX2Bw

That one just atrocious.