What kind of synth is this?

what kind of synth is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ylkOJVE58Tk

Other urls found in this thread:

bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/04/28/pg8x-vst-free-download/
vimeo.com/129598187
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

main melody seems something based off moog or roland analog is my guess.

thanks. i have looked into many things, am hoping to find someone who knows the specific sound. i can't even approach reproducing what the sonic palette is let alone the melody, very impressive!

bump synth nerds

worst music video of all time

probably some shitty little arturia mini brute or some computer soft synth shit judging by how pleb this music is

stop spamming your shit here "doc deem".
This is like the third thread about you in the past day

Gee guys really knowledgable about synths and totally not just jealous retards

What kind of synth is this?

Oh probably some synth

hi doc!

i actually think its pretty good

doc deem is a woman. so anybody actually know what the synth is?

agree it sounds rolandy, assuming you're talking about the high resonance spacey kind of synth line. sh-09/sh-101

drums are 707 too

the glitchy synth is probably some vst, actually to be honest the whole song is probably vsts. just download some roland emulations until you get the sound you want

i have tried vst's, that's why i asked here because it's a very distinct sound i can't get and i think it's pretty cool. i mean the sort of exploding main melodic line, there are a few of them going in different areas of the stereo channel to create the melody.

>exploding main melodic line
lol there is nothing like a "main melodic line" in the song, it's just a huge jumbled mess of sounds.
the only way i can pick out what you're talking about is by the timbre, and not sure what you mean now becaues the resonance kind of classic analog "bsheww" sound is super easy to recreate on literally any subtractive synth vst

beginning at :15 seconds there is a sort of acid sound that creates a progressive structure that repeats. damn, you have no ears if you think it's all just a mess. listen a few times, there's a track. not trying to be a jerk but this is incredibly complex and a very distinct sound, i have tried like 30 programs and synths trying to get to this particular sound and asked many people. i am looking for intelligent responses, don't insult me just because you can't hear something doesn't mean others can't.

alright, we're talking about the same sound for sure.

like I said sounds Rolandy, download an sh09 or sh101 emulation. it's super fucking simple, "intelligent responses" my ass. if you can't recreate that absolutely basic sound you are definitely braindead lmao.

this is some good bait lol
anyway the synth sounds analog but the drum kit is not
this guy is right, the drums are 707 but they're samples, very likely that they are some of the FL presets. given that they are most likely presets, I will also assume that the VST used is a free one.
I'm not going to spend my morning hunting down free VSTs that emulate a roland acid sound, so you can do that if you want. I'm willing to bet that a preset for the VST was used as well, tweaked slightly in some way.

tl;dr it's most likely a tweaked preset from a free VST that emulates an analog roland sound

believe me i have tried what you're talking about, obviously i can get the clavinet and similar drum kit sounds albeit there is some dirty elements in the beat that i would venture are analogue or samples of something bizarre like perhaps a voice, when you get to the end of the track you hear the beat's elements isolated. but the acid sound i have not been able to find something that is able to bend and "explode" in the strange way this sound does. i aksed here because several people i know who are adept at music could not identify it and i wasn't trying to be rude but what i was looking for was an answer from someone who actually knows, not to be berated by people insisting it's 'some synth' without actually knowing and pointing to it, and talk all you want about how easy it is to get this sound but until you actually reproduce it you're words are empty. i can't reproduce it, i tried everything. that's why i was asking. i never meant to argue. i don't want to guess, i really want to find the sound. sorry for getting pissy. it's very frustrating.

>bend and explode in the strange way this sound does
what are you even talking about? I've listened to your track 20 times now and can't hear this "complexity" you're talking about, other than the fact that it occasionally sounds like its being overdriven ("exploding"???) when the filter opens up

it's literally two super simple sh101 patches on L and R channel independently having their filter cutoff tweaked.

you're just being a pretentious faggot at this point who thinks he knows more than everyone but can't reproduce something that takes 2 seconds to accomplish with literally any analog synth. and I even told you the exact synthesizer I think it sounds like so honestly I'm not sure if you're baiting at this point.

maybe if you stop being a faggot you can post some of your "attempts" and I can try to help you get closer to the sound you want

the "explosion" is just added layering of synths
the "bending" sounds like one of the oscillators being filtered
I literally just googled "free roland vst" and voila
bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/04/28/pg8x-vst-free-download/
this looks pretty cool admittedly, I'll probably download it here in a minute. I'd just recommend that you grab this, look for patch packs, and delve into each one until you find something that's roughly the same sound, then start tweaking knobs to see what they do to the synth

admittedly I only listened to about a minute of the track before exiting out because it's annoying and amateurish imo, but I checked out the end and it sounds like I was wrong, it sounds like a vengeance-tier 707 loop is being used throughout the song

sorry, i'm not baiting and did not mean to insult you. i just got defensive. clearly i am interpreting this music very differently than you are. thank you for trying to help.
appreciate the assistance and your time. i didn't mean to torture you with having to listen to the track, i should have just said where i meant specifically at the outset. it's very difficult to actually reproduce what to me seems like watery yet exploding sounds, it is at once really sharp and then sounds like it's goopy acid. and a few highlighted sections later (beyond 1 minute mark) sort of "rip" in a way, whether that is feedback or delay i don't know or if the original synth, assuming it's analogue, just plays that way.

thanks for trying, sorry for being feisty. believe me, i have gone to stores and talked to people and tried to work it out on 30-40 synths. i just fucking want the damn sound, i think it sounds awesome.

>it is at once really sharp and then sounds like it's goopy aci
that's very likely a filter on one of the oscillators
>whether that is feedback or delay i don't know or if the original synth, assuming it's analogue, just plays that way.
I'm under the assumption that everything here is not analog so it's some kinda automation, on what control I couldn't tell you

yeah dude, I just talked to Bob Moog himself and he said it isn't possible on any synthesizer. I tried over 2000 synths including rare and unseen roland and moog modulars from the 1970s. Sorry but that basic sound just isn't possible to recreate in any way. Trust me bro

ok this gives me something to work with, thank you.
yes i have not read the dossier, the synth seems to be classified and is a matter of national security and i'll never get the synth sound

but i have tried so much shit. if it's so easy, just hit me with what i need specifically. everyone says it's so basic but can't name what to do

Try not to bang too many girls, faggot

Seriously, tho, what's going on here that Arca didn't do 3 fucking years ago?

you are brain dead, i've said it so many times.
this is the last time i'm going go try to help you, if you don't do the following and post a link of what you've down for feedback, i'm going to assume you're trolling and leave

>download sh101 emulator or any literally analog synth with a Roland-y filter
>raise resonance and set an envelope on filter cutoff until the contour sounds right (by ear)
>give a little analog overdrive plugin so it distorts slightly when the filter is all the way open (i.e. when it gets loud)
>have two tracks going on in the left and right channel independently and tweak their filter cutoff either using your hand or by automation to give it the swells and variance that you hear

do this and get back to me, if it still doesn't sound close we can at least give you solid feedback on what you're doing wrong

just continually posting "lol trust me guys I talked to 30-40 PROFESSION electronic musicians and they all told me they didn't know how to make this basic as fuck sound" just makes you sound like a lying retard

To what statement?

isn;t this an oxymoron

It's the most aggressively malignant case of the notgays I've ever encountered. It deserves an entry in the DSM-VI.

you're a gem, i am admittedly flustered and was not getting the full picture of your advice. i thank you for making this crystal clear for me. i am going to do what you said and see where it gets me. i guess i am just so lost on it honestly, i was hoping someone would just say 'oh it's Synth X' and i would be able to buy that. i am really not trying to piss you off. i just have become jaded and insane because i have indeed asked desperately so many people and tried many things and watched them demo every synth and attempt to recreate the sound and no one ever did.

Stop it. Arca is good because he lets his homosexuality blossom freely and unapologetically. You, on the other hand, are a repressed ball of insanity who shills with this, "bruhhh, htf do i make dis?" and "look at le spoopy debil muzak."

huh? nobody is trying to demote arca. how do you know this artist isn't a homosexual himself? jeez, don't be such a homophone.

doc deem is a female you jackoff

I'm not being a homophobe. It's this nutjob who feels the need to show us how many 5/10's will get naked if a DSLR is in the room. Wow so sekshuwal

ok i just wanna misread what you're saying because you can hate the guy all you want but no need to attack his sexuality. i mean it is a strange logic to put homosexuality on a pedestal but without knowing whether the doc artist is a homosexual you are making an assumption about his intentions in making a video, assuming he/she are the artist. i am confused as to that. i thought the artist was this woman in the video and she is a lesbian.

do you hate women?

>homophone

prefer the version with nudity and without the stupid filters she looks better
vimeo.com/129598187

>Arca is good because he lets his homosexuality blossom freely and unapologetically
judging by the doc deem/bengalfuel videos it's all lesbian girls if you look at their names and see their insta and film/model work. maybe this dude thinks he's a woman or something, did you watch the videos? they are like make-up tutorials and playing with pink balloons.

>Try not to bang too many girls, faggot
huh?