English Learning Thread

I know this is an English Imageboard, but seeing how many speak shit English I decided to make this.
This thread is to ask questions about English if you're unsure so you can shitpost in better English next time, other people who are willing to help can answer you.

So, how do you spell this color?

grey

Gray or Grey. depending on where you're from. I personally spell it Grey as it fits the pronunciation better.

incredible how this language spread from a part of a tiny island

That's true, especially considering how it was surrounded by Celtic languages and could've been absorbed by any of them.

celts were losers though lol

Terrible. You failed the Anglo detection test.

Yeah, but that's because they had less interactions with continental Europe.
Just being honest I'd prefer to see words altered to how they're pronounced best.

Nah I'm a Nazi when it comes to spelling everything exactly as it is spelled in the American English dictionary.

>American English
it's good for non-formal speech/writing only. I still prefer English spelling in some cases.

Can you do me a favour and never post about colours again. Honestly, insisting upon using one single spelling variant is just such ridiculous behaviour and totally uncivilised, even your mum would be ashamed of your posts. This is in an international board, and it's no surprise people will mimic whatever flavour of English they see written. I don't know what it will take you to realise this, whether I have to bribe you or post a cheque to whatever arse end of America your posts originate from, but I hope you change your behaviour. To insist on this is dull, grey and off putting.

>favour
>colour
>behaviour
>uncivilised
>mum
>flavour
>realise
>cheque
>arse
>behaviour
>grey

Liath

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion except spelling the "z" sound as "s"

Well you're objectively wrong, but regardless, if you don't mind me asking, are you an American in UAE? Some sort of foreigner? Have you learned any Arabic? When I went there I literally heard Arabic a few times so I never really picked up anything. Tbhq Urdu was more useful because I could talk to all the cab drivers who where from Pakistan, or if they were from India they usually spoke Hindi which is incredibly close to Urdu. And English was even more useful because everybody speaks some English. But I actually went around looking for Arab speakers on the street, there were all self-segregated, so idk where you would find them.

I'm Algerian.
I mostly speak English here. Arabic is pretty useless nowadays.

woah ded thred

Are you also the Kabyle?

Yeah.
Sorry for late reply.

hi

*colour

*colour
it's spelt 'grey'

>RainierWolfcastleFace.jpg

You forgot centre, cherry liquorice and metre.

oh there's a lot more than just that, I was just pointing out the ones he used to trigger me.

Hello.
Do you have any question about the English language?

difference between past simple and present perfect.
also do anglos mix them often in everyday life? like use past simple when they should present perfect

Past simple is any thing that ends with the suffix "-ed" plus some irregular verbs. it doesn't not have auxiliary verbs like present perfect.
Present perfect refers to a time period that has occurred very recently, whilst past simple prefers to something that happened before.
For example "I ate lasagna" means that you ate it sometime ago, but if you say "I have eaten lasagna" it means that you've just completed the action.
I'm not sure about that, but I think some do.

Is British American the worst dialect of American language?

If you mean Americans pretending to speak in a British accent then yes.

No, I mean the British accent.

Yeah it sounds annoying when spoke.
My favorite is either highland Scottish or Hong Kong.

man i hate hong kong or Singaporian accents. They try to hard to do a british accent and for some reason they do a deep voice, it's just wrong man.

I don't know about you but to me it comes of as a manly and posh accent.

Why is Iran and Greece not light blue?

>Hong Kong
what does this sound like? chinese?