Why people dislike nickelback?

why people dislike nickelback?

I know they write generic crap, but it doesn't seem more crap than the average

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4OjiOn5s8s8
youtube.com/watch?v=rtVU--O29oY
youtube.com/watch?v=IfB_K4RGtDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A lot of radio play. Something mediocre you hear a few times you can easily ignore; something mediocre you hear a lot gets on your nerves.

There’s also something uniquely grating about Chad’s voice. He sounds perpetually constipated.

Someone needs to make a virgin/chad meme with this guy

>lol nickelback are so baaaad!!!
>i like good bands like green day

virgin Kurt vs chad Chad

Isn't it funny how Cobain was convinced he was ugly? He was the definition of a Chad-autist

they're the big bang theory of music

He was like 5’5”, 125 pounds.

he was ugly by most people standards

now he is perceived as attractive because he was a successful musician

your face doesn't matter when you're successful

(most of us are neither)

They were not only horribly played to death in 2002-05 but the guys have just as much admitted they purposely make phoned-in crud for money.

that's perfect desu

Leader of Men, the first single they ever had was alright, but then they played the shit out of it on the radio and everything else that came after as they continued to write a song that sounded the same over and over each time getting more watered down and commercial with it... it's very phoned in music, written just to make a buck as a previous user pointed out as well.

They said something along the lines of "We could make better music if we wanted, but we're making $$$ and getting radio play with our existing formula so why do we care?"

Nickelback have exactly one song: "White trash relationship drama" that they've recorded dozens of times across multiple albums.

I unironically like listening to their hits in the background sometimes. It's like having McDonald's.

>Cobain was convinced he was ugly
>ugh guys im so ugly ;(( just let me do this model shot real quick... there we go. you guys hear me? i think im ugly
was kurt just an attention whore?

This is unironically a great song

youtube.com/watch?v=4OjiOn5s8s8

Nickelback was initially signed to a label that was well known for heavy metal records.

So metalhead fans of the label bought their album hoping for some metal shit, but got Nickelback instead.

So they started saying Nickelback sucks (as it is not metal like they hoped), and everybody else just jumped on the bandwagon saying it sucks even though they didn't even know why they were hating.

A few years ago, a friend of mine told me that he liked Nickelback and that a lot of people just have them as a meme. I realized that aside from liking a few of their songs as a kid, I had never really given them a fair chance. So I gave them as unbiased of a listen as I could and listened to whichever album had How You Remind Me or whatever the song is called because I remembered liking that one.

It was awful. The production was really stale, the riffs were totally uninspired, the lyrics were distastefully immature, and the vocals were annoying. It's not a meme, they really are awful and make their money from kids and adults who genuinely don't know better music.

really fires your neurons
youtube.com/watch?v=rtVU--O29oY

he was hot af

Not only can they rock... They can be funky too.

youtube.com/watch?v=IfB_K4RGtDo

5'9

It was a different point. the "bottom of the barrel" is a LOT lower today than it was when Nickelback was popular. ten years ago, if a popular band was generic and dead-average and boring, that was enough to mock them viciously. Today you'd say "well at least he doesn't have any face tattoos"

probably

It became a meme so all the normalfags followed it, even though they've probably heard maybe 3 songs themselves without going out of their way to see if all songs are generic or not. But yeah Nickelback are far from great. 6/10 overall. Would watch them live if they played at a festival I happened to be at.

DOODS

He wasnt ugly though, he actually has a pretty nice face he was just dirty most of the time and had a dad bod.

This. Social status = Blam! It's why the mouthy/outgoing boy who's centre of attention is pretty successful. Only gets better when you got up the social ladder money wise too.