Hell or High Water 2016

This was surprisingly good.
Only scene that felt forced was the one in the motel and only at the start.
Will dump few screens since the cinematography was really well done.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/153979733
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best movie of the year t b h

DUDE THEY HAVE A TEA PARTY FLAG LMAO

I really liked it.
The casting FELT completely wrong. But I have lived in rural Texas, and the casting was excellent, as far as reality. If you know people there, they can probably show you 10 guys like the brothers...revenge, righting wrongs, loyalty to family, honor of a sort.
I am not clear on how to say this, but normal casting sucks so bad that near perfect casting looks unrealistic.

>two best characters died

I was absolutely gutted. I'd take a ride on Jenny Ann though

I really liked this movie upon first viewing, but after I thought about it, the movie was very predictable and didn't really have any unique or new elements going for it. It's basically "no country for old men" meets "the town", and thats the whole movie. Its good, but i don't understand why people are calling best of the year. There were plenty other better movies

I felt the cast was good because they hit every single marker of how real life people would behave in this situation.
It didn't stand out to me by anything but a great performance.

I liked it, but goddamn was it predictable.

In a year of capeshit and starshit it offered a real story, real characters and as shown here kino cinematography and setting.

>I'd take a ride on Jenny Ann though
You and me both bud.
THICCCCCKK

>but i don't understand why people are calling best of the year.
I agree on that,its far from it.I wouldn't say predictable as I should say a nice linear story without the necessary "IM ACTING" drama that every other Hollywood movie has.

You would have loved old westerns. The movie was recreating the old "robber baron stealing ranches" plots and used similar cinematography outside, but most obviously inside. Interiors were claustrophobic, uncomfortable, dingy while exterior shots were expansive, bright, happy, hopeful.
It mirrored the inner worlds of the protagonists very well.

Post the libertarian poster on Tanner's trailer

just saw it and it was excellent, but i'm sure it wasn't (((diverse))) enough for Sup Forums

i even liked the soundtrack and i loathe country music

>mfw i will never immediately seduce and fuck a beautiful mixed comanche desk clerk

cliched
contrived
bland
boring
try hard
unoriginal
yet you cucks eat it up because you haven't seen any better and are impressed by babbys first cinematography

GUESS WHAT
THIS MOVIE FOLLOWS THE CURRENT FORMULA OF SHITE MODERN CINEMATOGRAPHY

I BET YOU SPASTICS LOVED THE FARGO TV SERIES AND SUCK OFF VILVENUE

FUCK WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SUCH A COMPLETE AND UTTER PLEN

Maybe that is the complaint about the movie: the characters were very realistic and familiar to many of us born outside large cities, not heroes or superheroes or genius psychopath thieves.

I would bet that reviews would follow major urban vs everywhere else patterns.

Sassy girl.

>You would have loved old westerns
I may have seen every western under the sun,my father and I usually watched one every morning when I was a kid.

I said I liked it, what do you want from me?

I bet you watch foreign films that you don't understand and think they're deep, pretentious faggot.

Bud, your capslock is stuck.
Also, chill, your bitterness at your failed life is showing.

I'd rather be a pleb than a meme-spouting autist like you

>tfw you want a 90s camaro

BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

in a second

Sicario is fucking kino. It will not be insulted in my presence.

HOHW was pretty comfy, no need for the bullying. It's okay to like something.

Also while we're at it, name 10 movies from this years that weren't
"cliched
contrived
bland
boring
try hard
unoriginal"

I'll wait.

i hate indie landscapes

They were really shit cars. The Mustangs, too.
The best affordable car was the 3rd gen rx-7 or the Supras. Both were cheap and easy to get to 800hp or better.

the handmaiden
nocturnal animals
cemetary of splendour
her friend adam
the day before the end
toni erdmann

I'll just leave this here
vimeo.com/153979733

That was an 80's Camaro you geek

>no steppu on sneku

in love

I agree with you about hell or high water, people here dont watch enough movies and go around proclaiming their bullshit opinions about facts. But i also loved fargo, season 2 a bit more and i think it works good as a show. People can like varrying degrees of shit. Im a fag

>Sicario is fucking kino.
Someone called

>muh korean cinema so original and unique
>short films
>baby's first forgien "cinema"
>litteral latest oscar bait from dicabrio

>still only came with 7 movies

She was indeed sassy, I especially like that she got the last laugh somewhat for not identifying Pine since they took her big tip as evidence.

yet all those movies fit the criteria of not having any of those flaws
2016 was shit though hence the list of 7
glad you agree with me
also
none of those films are my film of the year, they were all still pretty lackluster

You taste is shit.
Name your 10 favorite films from 2015, assuming that year isn't also "lackluster".

is Katy Mixon alright? Shes getting pretty fuckin fat.

I would give her the tip if you k ow what im saying.

why do you need 10? who the fuck has 10 favorite films in a year? a favorite film should be something that grabs you very personally, if 10 films in a year grab you by the heart then you must be a very sensitive or fickle person or someone who doesn't understand or appreciate reality
anyway i'd say knight of cups and queen of earth as the two stand out films that I had seen

>know*

Another girl.

Something about a fat girl in makeup trying to be all that, she was HONGRY for Pine too.

Also just caught this on IMDB's trivia page

>In the scene where Marcus Hamilton shoots and kills Tanner Howard, there is a coiled rattlesnake at the base of the rock where the brother is sitting dead. You can see the rattlesnake move if you watch closely.

Motherfucker

>knight of cups
And here I was about to call you retarded.
you dont have to prove a thing user,you are just too patrician.

Confirmed for big mouth indie reddit baby hipster trash

>DUDE MALIK IS SHIT BECAUSE HE MAKES A MOVIE EVERY YEAR NOW
interesting...
kek I love how mentioning knight of cups causes you to froth at the mouth but you don't mention queen of earth of which knights of cups was better in every way but just under the radar enough to be criticism free aside from the muh persona rip off which neither of you mentioned
h
m
m
m
m

>you can see the rattlesnake move if you watch closely.

the thing also rattled loud as fuck so you could hear it and see it if you're not deaf or fuckin retarded

>DUDE MALIK IS SHIT BECAUSE HE MAKES A MOVIE EVERY YEAR NOW
I never said that fuckface,just that I also though that movie was great.

>the thing also rattled loud as fuck so you could hear it and see it if you're not deaf or fuckin retarded

I laughed irl,fucking hell man.

thought you were being sarcastic

Well I did have subs on and sound lowered so that might have been it, still pretty cool

>when there's an actual good thread on Sup Forums and it's already 50 posts in when you first see it

I make these treads every time I see new movie,you can recognize them because I put full release name in the OP picture.
You usually turn out pretty good.

>vlc snap
>1280 x 534
what did he mean by this

>You
>They*

MPCHC is throwing a hissy fit and it capturing black screencaps.
I have to use the pleb one.
oh and the release is high bitrate so whatever.

>not using mpv
what encode of the movie did you download?
your caps look abysmal

Sorry I left Sup Forums for a reason.
You guys are retarded,you should be able to tell why the caps are what they are.
If you have something to say about the movie fine I am not here to talk playback software.

kek you just proved there is a huge correlation between people who watch shit quality encodes and who have shit taste

whatever you say bud

yikes you have no eye for cinematography either
find a new hobby

I only watch 40.00 GB Blueray ISOs of the finest rare obscure foreign kinos.

If they're on bluray they aren't obscure dickhead

You think I would watch something poorly encoded or something? No private tracker user would succumb to that. Only the finest stuff for me.

Would you bang the fat waitress Sup Forums?

I would.

I would bang the white trash woman that always plays white trash woman.

>he thinks watching the highest possible quality when it comes to everything means he can't watch poor rips of obscure arthouse despite that being the best quality of said film
Wanna know how I know you're a pleb and not on any private trackers?

It was fine. I wasn't quite as blown away by it as I expected given the critical praise it received.

The "sassy" old waitress scene that people rave about made me roll my eyes.

OMG YOU'VE NEVER HAD AND NEVER WILL HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH A FEMALE

New York fella detected.

Not even part of the landmass, m8

>post a well reasoned post
>get this in return
>somehow i'm the virgin
didn't know having good taste brings my virginity back, maybe your mum should watch some kino so her pussy wouldn't be looser than than your dad's grasp on raising a child

The rarest hidden gems of Kínómá with the highest quality possible for true gentlemen who take the medium seriously. That's my style.

good taste tbqh

dude texas is the magical land where everyone has a gun, talks funny, lives by their own idea of the law, where the boys are wild and even the last waitress in some godforsaken shithole has more sass than the rest of the us of a combined, if texas was a dick I would suck it all day lmao

Ben Foster deserves best supporting actor if the Oscars had any credibility whatsoever

Garbage rehashed neo-noir. Also formally poor compared to directors other work.

>neo-noir
Dude just shut up.