/who/ - Doctor Who General

Robots Edition

Last time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GPAzfh6LYBg
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Bartleboigle_tree
deadline.com/2016/12/doctor-who-christmas-special-breaks-bbc-america-ratings-1201877107/
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Davros
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Eye
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Piss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>vlc

Whenever I feel sad about the world, all I have to do is remember that the villains of Series 10 episode 2 are emoji faces and I piss myself laughing.

The Doctor and Clara answer a call from professor River Song on an actual archeology mission in the Temple of Rak'Numa on planet Ephemeria. Little do they know, the temple isn't just ruins. It's been waiting, waiting for time energy to enter the place and reawaken the soldiers and the God of Destruction itself, Rak'Numa. The Doctor and River become imprisoned in the temple with Clara and the archaeological crew left alone with the TARDIS.

11 or 12?

reminder that tumblr is not a good place

>The Doctor's first meeting with Riversong was with 10
>If Big Finish are officially cannon
>How come she doing audio dramas with 6,7 and 8 and why does 10 have no recollection?

Memory and amnesia shenanigans.
If she'll have more stories with 10 where he actually recognised her that would explain her reaction too. She knows that Doctors before 10 do not know her, but 10 and 11 do.

I had 12 in my mind but I remembered he likely never saw River before Husbands. So maybe 11 then.

>Riversong

What did everyone think of the Christmas special?

I enjoyed it....A lot.

FRESHEN YER COCK DOCTAH?

"didn't chris evans fuck her in the arse so hard she squirted or something? she wrote about it in her biography" in reference to billie piper, from the last thread
is that true? pretty hot if it is

Yeah need confirmation on this

Wasn't 100% but after the Xmas special I can definitely say I like Nardole, his awareness of 12's crippling deppresion is good too. He's dumb but alot more aware than most.
>plus he's an alien

TO HELL WITH (YOU)

She also writes in her autobiography that between takes filming series 1 and 2, Russell T Davies used to whap his cock out upon the TARDIS console and operate the controls with it.

A good man?

>there are people in this thread, right now, that think the Return of Doctor Mysterio wasn't good

Which Doctor has the best character theme tune?

Hint: It's 9.

Doctor Who.

>ywn be saved by the Doctor and spend the rest of your life wondering who he was
Why live?

>ywn travel in the TARDIS with 12 and Nardole, sipping tea as the time machine hurls through space, out of control

>ywn rub Nardole's little bald head as he's scared, telling him everything's going to be alright after you, him and the Doctor have just defeated a creepy monster

>ywn eat sushi with 12 as he calls you a pudding brain for not being able to operate the chopsticks

>ywn remember Davros jut had his eyes shut all them years and piss yourself laughing

Fuck this I just want to give Clara a foot massage.

I really like 11 and 12's. For as much as I Am The Doctor was overused, I was still always hype as fuck and incredibly catchy, really captured the adventuring space gentleman feel of Smith's Doctor.

>gentleman
but Smith was a child

A manchild, just like The Doctor should be.

Agreed

New Series 10 monster revealed courtesy of DWSR

Has Capaldi had a hair transplant or is he just genetically blessed?

Watching "The Time Monster" now, strangely enjoying it. Apart from the dodgy acting/costumes/effects for the "Atlanteans", it seems almost like a NuWho story with how snappy the dialogue is. The guy who wrote it only did a handful of over 3 stories, but I don't remember them being like this.

This post has given you out.

Also holy lel Delgado is absolutely killing it, even moreso than usual. Just so effortlessly classy in his evil, in every scene he seems like he's having the time of his life.

You can see how much Gomez channeled him in her performance.

I enjoyed half of it. Ghost was 100% trash.

>DOCTOR: Things end. That's all. Everything ends, and it's always sad. But everything begins again too, and that's always happy. Be happy. Think about how Davros just had his eyes shut the whole time. Piss yourself laughing.

I think he was pissed off in that scene from the trailer. Basically the people he was with must have done something horrible, but they were in danger and he'll save them, but that's it.

Irish and Scots don't tend to go bald unlike Englishbongs.

Capaldi is Italian heritage wise, if his name didn't give it away.

Going for a rewatch of Mysterio. It's just so good.

I missed hearing this song

youtu.be/GPAzfh6LYBg

>Pearl Mackie as Bill - Yakub's favourite Dr. Who companion
>Peal Mackie as Bill - First Swedish Caliphate approved Dr. Who companion

ERE U SMELL LIEK ME MAM'S KNICKERS FUK ME FACE SENPAI

>ewww Capaldi isn't young and handsome and fangirl wank material like 10 and 11 are!
>silly fangirls, REAL fans don't care about stuff like that!
>12th proceeds to have all his potential squandered because Mfofat can't write a Doctor that isn't quirky 11
>12th gets really shitty stories
>12th's costume is ruined with half-zipped hoodies and t-shirts

>But then Husbands of River Song and Return of Doctor Mysterio
>12th's character is finally starting to get solid and well-developed and isn't just an anti-11th

>IS CAPALDI LEAVING AFTER SERIES 10?
>IS CAPALDI BEING REPLACED WITH A YOUNGER HANDSOMER DOCTOR?

>All the squeaking tumblrina fangirls who wanted to be on the moral high ground after they criticised the ones who left after Smith's exit are now going "Oh gee I don't know but I wouldn't mind at all teehee"

>Meanwhile Capaldi will go down in history as a Doctor with a great character near the end and who had amazing potential but was removed because of incompetent writing and pressure from the BBC to appease a larger crowd

He was written far better in series 8, sorry but you have no taste and are a person of low intelligence

Have you not done your research? literally only one grandparent was Italian on his dads side, His mother was Irish and the rest of his dad side is Scottish. He has Scottish/Irish/Gaelic Hair. Italianos go bald. I would Know I'm Italian.

He's half Irish and half Scots-Italian as far as I know.

>Another Doctor with lost potential

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR THE MAGNIFICENT...

Capaldi was born in Glasgow, Scotland, the son of Nancy (née Soutar) and Gerald John Capaldi.[1] His paternal grandfather was Italian while the rest of his ancestry is Scottish and Irish.

Jesus I just looked up Capaldi's mother was from county Cavan, poor him. They are the literal rednecks of Ireland.

That is unironically the shittest graphic I've ever seen.

In Scotland in the 1640s, the Covenanters rejected rule by bishops, often signing manifestos using their own blood. Some wore red cloth around their neck to signify their position, and were called rednecks by the Scottish ruling class to denote that they were the rebels in what came to be known as The Bishop's War that preceded the rise of Cromwell.[23][24] Eventually, the term began to mean simply "Presbyterian", especially in communities along the Scottish border. Because of the large number of Scottish immigrants in the pre-revolutionary American South, some historians have suggested that this may be the origin of the term in the United States.[25]

Mayo is worse. They are barely human there.

When was 12 "quirky 11"?

>He was written far better in series 8
No he wasn't.

peter "ravioli" cannolipaldi

The reason his writing in series 8 was sub-par was because Moffat wanted to write an anti-Smith Doctor.

>Let's make him grumpy and unable to read people and social situations!

>Proceeds to make him half-amnesiac and completely detached from people in a way that's less "he's a pro who doesn't need to care" and more "he's a thrill-seeker who forgot all he learned about empathy", to the point where he doesn't even think to try becoming a better person until series 9.

The Doctor being bad at people is how he was originally written, and pretty much always is at his best. He has unlimited knowledge of science and the secrets of space and time, but doesn't really interact with humans well (because he's a higher form of lifeform)

>because he's an autistic retard
FTFY

>Moffat still has it, 7 years after he started

Why is this man so based?

I miss Martha. Will she ever return?

no

>kek epic autism bants amirite lads?

Cunt.

"Being bad with people" and "literally needing cue cards to apologize" are the exact opposite of the character developments that NuWho was all about.
Sure Eccleston was a bit alien, but he marked NuWho as being very aware and capable of huge empathy. Tennant's slogan was practically "I'm so sorry", and he was probably the most of human of the recent Doctors - he was fully aware and understanding of the surrounding emotions. Smith was a bit more looney, sure, but he still understood how people worked, how human hearts worked, and he was still able to read people (he even pulled a Sherlock on not!Scrooge in that Christmas special by reading him through his surroundings).
Capaldi's Doctor was supposed to be a bit more alien, and I get that, that's okay. After all, he spent centuries on Trenzalore, caring for a community of honest people and defending them from aliens as he got old (remember how he couldn't tell if a kid was Barnable or not, when he was all grey and wrinkly and balding), so I definitely understand him being more detached from people. But his whole inability to read people on an emotional level was turned all the way up to 11, when in fact all it needed was maybe a 6 or a 7 out of ten, so the series could work on that as a major issue of the character and develop it properly like, you, a proper arc.

Everything was about Clara, and because of that, Capaldi's Doctor suffered a lot and his evolution felt confusing mostly due to negligence in terms of writing.

And this.

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Bartleboigle_tree
What the fuck?

I wonder how the BBC feel that their spin-off Class, which they presumably poured quite a bit of money into, got less viewers than the average YouTuber.

>ywn spank Clara with a bartleboigle tree

Why is Silver Nemesis so shit?

deadline.com/2016/12/doctor-who-christmas-special-breaks-bbc-america-ratings-1201877107/

>filename

The series 10 Cybermen are indeed 10th planet cybermen. Their apparel has been updated a bit but they still have the hands with no coverings and the facecloth.

80's Cybermen were shit

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Davros
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Eye
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Piss

SOCIAL WORKERS

You are sperging out way too much. All it did was add an interesting dynamic that brought things closer to how 7 and sometimes 1 acted, or played up for laughs. Making him deeply obviously flawed on a human level again actually has given Calpaldi's Doctor more depth.

You also don't seem to quite grasp the concept of regeneration.

Whenever I feel sad about the world

I fear the BBC's going to think Class died because it was too experimental and out there (when it wasn't at all), and won't give the go on another Doctor Who spin-off unless it's the most traditional thing possible.

The writer had never done Doctor Who before and had a vague idea what it actually was

Captcha: CUSHING STREET

This. Nardole has definitely grown on me as a companion. Im wondering If Nardole will end up being a watcher type of character.

Because it's a remake of a story from a few weeks ago, is a three-episode story that doesn't have enough plot for one so they pad it out with random cameos by people JNT assumes viewers will recognize, the "Cybermen are allergic to gold" thing is at its prime, and has no idea what it wants to be.

What's funny is that JNT & Co. didn't realize how similar Remembrance of the Daleks and Silver Nemesis were to each other

Literally just a re-skinned Remembrance

series 10 - 10th planet
i mean, how could they not?
But seriously, source? I'd love for this to be true, try and make em scary again.

I keep getting the "Middle Ages sorceress who calls the Doctor Merlin" subplot mixed up with Battlefield

Let's talk about Cybermen, /who/. Do you like 'em? Were they ever good, and if they were, where were they the best?

I haven't seen early episodes, really only classics about them I saw is Earthshock and Silver Nemesis. And NuWho of course.

Cybermen are not very suited to be a recurring villains in Doctor Who. Doctor Who is not very accommodating of recurring villains period, but Cybermen suffer the worst. There's just not many worthwhile plots to use them in (Only one really, where they convert everyone) otherwise they are just goofy robots.

I wanna see a good cyber story, where the doctor visits a planet in the first episode of a season, blah blah blah stuff happens, and then he returns in the finale and the entire planet is converted and then more stuff happens idk

Cybermen are good when the writers realize they aren't Daleks and think about how their ideology actually makes sense to them (cybernetics saves those they conquer and taking away their emotions means they won't feel pain anymore).

>Tennant's slogan was practically "I'm so sorry", and he was probably the most of human of the recent Doctors
>implying that was a good thing

I like them but they don't have very many good stories.
No one seems to use them very well. The human elment is usually lost and they just become dumb robots. Especially NuWho, which have been very weak. Dark Water/Death In Heaven was probably the best from NuWho but that isn't really saying much.
If they are returning in Series 10, hopefully Moffat can make them GOAT and scary again. If they're still the Nightmare In Silver design or the Cybus ones though then there's no hope.

Who's that next to him? Little Finish?

Capaldi hinted that there will be a new Cybermen story and there are only two non-Moffat episodes. It's either Whithouse or Harness that will get to write for them. Who would you rather it be and why?

Gatiss' episode features priests and the Pope. I'd actually love to see Cybermen v. Clergy but since Gatiss would ruin it I'm not so sure. Either way, Harness. That way he can make a Cyberleader be exactly like Trump.

>We will make a wall and Daleks will pay for it

>taking a race that believes in equalizing all other beings through conversion and forcibly removing race, sex, and creed
>turn them into alt-right analogues
I can picture Harness doing that, and it makes me feel sad.

>aking a race that believes in equalizing all other beings through conversion and forcibly removing race, sex, and creed
Using that for social commentary could be GOAT, but only if Gareth wrote it.

>Gatiss' episode features priests and the Pope.
>mfw it's a St. Anthony's Fire adaptation

>taking a race that believes in equalizing all other beings through conversion and forcibly removing race, sex, and creed
Sounds like alt-rights to me ;)