People who listen to obscure music for the sake of obscurity

>people who listen to obscure music for the sake of obscurity

Do you know people like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1LOoRJ0s0rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That one autist named Avant Math God
>that time he spammed threads telling people to calculate their "obscurity score"

check any chart thread, they're filled with them

I don't listen to "obscure music for the sake of "obscurity" but I do listen to "obscure music" because there's so much great music out there I would never hear if I didn't actively seek for it.

I know some people who advertise that they listen to obscure music, to basically try and one up everyone they know out of insecurity. They only 'like' mediocre local bands.

At the same time, I don't consider myself to be like that at all, but I've certainly been accused of it. By Sup Forums standards my tastes aren't obscure at all, but I went through that process where I'd find out about a genre I liked, then comb through all the major bands to find out what I liked, and then went deeper to find more good bands. The result is that most of my favorite bands could be described as "underground," which I guess justifies some assholes saying "lol your music is so obscure"

I used to be that guy, then I realized using music taste as a replacement for personality wasn't a working formula and started just enjoying music rather than treating it like a fashion accessory, some people never get over it

Sounds like you got BTFO for not hearing about the Velvet Underground

90% of Sup Forums

This is me basically

that's a nice way of dancing around the fact that you just love feeling like you're listening to something other people are not.

If you feel so inferior then why not just try some more music?

Who'd even be the audience of said "obscure" music then?

With the Internet now, people shouldn't be like this anymore. It is super simple to find obscure music. However, in the pre-internet era, it was ok to act like a dick for listening to obscure music. That shit took time, effort, and money, so the fact that the band was obscure was a symbol of pride.

are you autistic? because an album is obscure is a perfectly good reason to check it out out of interest. At least personally im drawn to things that are made by outsiders and go mainly under the radar. But thats only one reason to enjoy the album.

And what the fuck is wrong with that?

The fact that you don't really like the music, you just like the fact that you are a special snowflake. You're dishonest scum who is more interested in being unique than you are an honest connection with music and other people.

Did you get blown the fuck out for playing Tame Impala for a girl or something?

Why do imply that someone wouldn't like the music AND the feeling of a "special snowflake"? Why does it have to be one or the other?

HAHAHAHAH i cant believe people like this come on the music board

So what are you trying to sell me?

>im drawn to things that are made by outsiders and go mainly under the radar
So, you admit you are a pretentious prick?

You sound very insecure. I'd ask again, who'd even be the audience of said "obscure" music?

> people don't actually like obscure music, they just like its obscurity
poptimists need to be gassed sempai

this would unironically save Sup Forums

fuck off . why are you on the music board.

i am looking for obscure recs right now. i get bored of listening to the same thing. anyone gor cool shit

You don't ask for obscure music recs, you stumble upon it. Check Discogs or RYM

obscure is not a genre

cba i am too lazy. shit is noy on youtube?? is there an app where it is free and i can listen while my phone is off/idle

bait

ur a faggot shut up and give me music that sounds cool u fuckijg stupid nazi cunt

how new are you??

no bait. i am forreal. send help

youtube.com/watch?v=1LOoRJ0s0rw

No, I've never met anyone like that. I've seen people who actively seek out obscure works in genres they enjoy because they're tired of hearing the same constant trends that exist in the most popular albums of that genre and hope these lesser known works will be different.

i dont like indians, specially sikhs

back to pol

why'd you ask that? I've been here for 6 years now

not even pol, i actually go outside dude. if you lived in a city you would get it, also you are a libcuck

youre not funny. go back to your racist containement board.

do you not remember the countless sharethreads dedicated to obscure and weird as fuck albums?

Nothing wrong with the sharethreads. I just said that you don’t ask for “obscure” music that’s autistic, you dig for it or at least be more specific

true libcucks. go back to plebbit, you guys kill this board

people i used to hang with freshman year of college would find the steamiest turds from the depths of the soundcloud edm 'scene'

>muh alt-right board

>Yes I like digging through tons of obscure music, finding hidden gems, its quite a hobby of mine

back to pol

My top 50 artists happen to be extremely obscure(I'm the only listener on last.fm for some of them). But they are only obscure because the genres of music they create are obscure.

But it's a music label.

I can't tell if that's a man or a woman and if they're 12 or 40.

really. you seriously cant tell?

You need glasses then

yeah, every cunt on Sup Forums

>i love obscure band like Imagine Dragon

One of my friends does this and shows me mediocre artsy bands from new york and shit like that (i'm from south america) all the time.
He listens to good stuff now and then, but the vast majority of the shit he likes is unlistenable.

ugh, i remember that fucker. he probably jerks off to the fact people know his shitty alias. Otherwise, I know this cocksucker who listens to shitty local bands just to say "youve probably never heard of them".

>just to say "youve probably never heard of them".

This triggers me so much too

Sort of, me and a friend tend to look up obscure shit just to see if we find any hidden gems. Not like we keep listening if it's no good, though.

If he didn't get people high, he wouldn't have friends.

You should have been here 6+ years ago. That's all it was.

everyone in chart threads.

this. /chart/ is literally /circlejerk/

I'm the original person you responded to. I'm not "dancing" around anything. I don't "love the feeling" of listening to something other people are not. I listen to music that I like. Simple as that. I'm picky with music just as I am food. There is a lot of music that I like that is advertised to me and that I don't have to seek out that I very much enjoy. However, the amount of that which I enjoy is not enough. That is why I always use Discogs to find releases that satisfy my taste, whether that ends up being a "popular" release or not. If I didn't look for it, I would be stuck listening to stuff that I don't like. Maybe spend less time on here and realize not everyone cares what people think of the music they listen to.

kek

every tripfag