What will you do if they catch you?

>What will you do if they catch you?
>What will you do if they break you?
>If you continue to fight
>what will you become?

What happened to this dialog and why did they give him hair?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/ben-mendelsohn-rogue-one-star-wars-interview/#changes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this guy had a cool voice, shame he died so soon

include the words "star wars" in your posts so that i can filter them you inconsiderate fucking ass

the script probably had him coming back to fight for the rebellion so he cleaned up and got his shit together. I guess they just killed him off though.

>AYO HOL UP

>What will you do when they cut out 40% of the movie?
What did he mean by this?

It was cut because it has nothing to do with the movie. They tried to make it look like Jyn joins the empire in that teaser, combined with that line

This scene was originally at the beginning of the movie where Saw found child Jyn hiding in that hatch. He has short hair when you originally see him onscreen.
The reason he had hair for the rest of the movie is because ~20 years had passed.

Maybe she did? we dont know what happened in the original version before the reshoots. Maybe thats why they had to reshoot? the test audeinces reacted negatively to Jyn betraying the rebels.

Yeah I'd like to hear what the original story was because that's a drastic change. I'm sure we'll get something in the future that lists every major change

>Gareth Edwards makes the movie he wants to
>Disney sees this and goes full MUY CHEELDREN

I wonder if he'll end up making a director's cut of the film like Lucas

I hope so

Hey, it's my favorite character, Saul Gutierrez©

But children don't want to see the entire main cast killed by the bad guys, et Disney did it anyway

>I'm just going to stand here and die instead of following you

He could barely walk. He knew he had no chance of making it to a ship in time to get off planet.

>create what is essentially the low budget rebel version of Darth Vader
>have him interrogate one guy then kill him off
Wasted potential.

Probably this. I wouldn't be surprised if the dialogue was originally directed at Galen or his wife.

i think whittaker did a great job with this role

there were nuances about the character becoming so paranoid and hostile that he was taking on features of vader, and teetering towards madness

it was also see a non force republic figure showing a duality

best performance in the movie, edging out krennic

>be Gareth Edwards, literal nobody
>make indie road-trip movie featuring "realistic" depiction of monsters as more of a backdrop than the prime source of drama
>mediocre but well-received
>Legendary approaches me with the option to direct Godzilla
>fuck yes now I can finally operate with a budget and creative control that I want
>aside from some lackluster characterizations one of the best Godzilla movies in recent memory
>get contacted by Disney to make a star wars movie
>holy shit it keeps happening
>okay one of the things that always bugged me was how little the actual conflict between the rebels and the empire was explored in the original trilogy, like sure there were battle scenes towards the end of two movies but what about the "intergalactic war" that was happening?
>I want to make a movie about that
>Vietnam in space with the rebels being the gooks
>get my bro Desplat to do the soundtrack
>filming going along well, good reaction to premise, gonna try and make it cinematic as fuck because Star Wars is about visual invention
>suddenly disney exec comes in, its flesh pale and translucent like some deep-sea monster, slime oozing from its pores and black, lifeless eyes, trailing behind it a number of young boys in leather bondage gear and its fitted suit bulging with cash
>looks at the movie and gurgles "No."
>on the spot fires my composer and hires some nobody to do a faux-Williams score
>O-okay but I can work with this!
>suddenly some corporate stooge emerges from a particularly dark pocket of sludge
>they lock me in my camper and reshoot nearly two thirds of the movie
>cut any dramatic scenes either entirely or stuff them with quips to cut the tension
>shoot everything blandly and only keep a few of my scenes
>it's no longer my movie at all
>they even CGI'd Tarkin
>what the fuck is that Leia
>the fuck is that ending
>feel absolutely disgusted
>accept mollusk overlord's check shamefully

People who use filters are truly the biggest reddit babies.

They also shot a bunch of different takes.
collider.com/ben-mendelsohn-rogue-one-star-wars-interview/#changes

>I heard from a lot of the people I’ve spoken to –and I could be wrong– that when you shot it they would sort of play it multiple ways on set, so that way in the editing room…

>MENDELSOHN: Yep, absolutely, very much. We did have multiple, multiple ways of going at any given scenario, we had multiple readings of it. So should they ever decided to, there would be a wealth of ways of approaching these different things. And I know from having seen sort of the crucial kind of scenes throughout it, I know there’s vastly different readings of at least four of those scenes.

>So in essence there’s basically a completely different version of the movie that could be played on like an alternate cut of the entire film.

>MENDELSOHN: Absolutely, with enormous differences within I would’ve said 20 or 30 of the scenes.

>That’s crazy.

>MENDELSOHN: There really would be. There would be enormously different renderings.

Because the main cast was fucking boring and the kids were there to see Vader.

>one of the best Godzilla movies in recent memory
sshh calm down Gareth, we like your movie...

Literally Idi Amin in space