What would it take for the US of A to finally switch to the metric system?

What would it take for the US of A to finally switch to the metric system?

A scientific calculation.

brain cells

an actual education system

with or without worshipping a flag each and every morning?

Didn't they try to adopt the metric system in the 60s or so?

Nuclear war

inb4 "we already use metric in science class"
inb4 "countries_that_use_metric_&_countries_with_flag_on_moon.jpg"

Yeah they tried in the 70s and it didn't catch on.

what the fuck is this abomination.

You can tell who the Dunning-Kruger cases are when they rage about imperial and worship metric without being able to explain why

To be honest the metric measurements are being used more in industry than imperial measurements. You can get better accuracy and easily share information with associates in other countries with the metric system. The public just needs to get on board. The younger generations already think that the metric system is better, we just have to wait for all the geezers to die before we can change it.

hahaha it's freddy krueger you dumb brit

Estados Unidos de America

Everybody learns metic and basic conversion favors for the most common measurements. Such as ~1609 m to a mile, exactly 2.54cm to an inch, ~2.2lb to a kilogram. 3.5 liters to a gallon or something like that. For anything more specific we generally use metric, we just aren't taught to think in metric.

It probably won't change for the foreseeable future. Science/military stuff will continue to use metric, consumer products will use imperial.

How many stone does the average Brit weigh?

When's the last time you used a gigasecond, bud? Pentometre?

>Not using superior system.

Fucking south pole... When will they finally switch to the metric system?

>>one london is 15 times a troy and 12.5 times a london is another london.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sorry i meant equals.

>wanting to defy the Penguin Dominion
fucking northern hemispherians that never get to deal with those aquatic fucks

Imperial is still good for football and cooking, as well as everyday stuff.

Like it's easier to say a few feet than half a meter.

You can be a bit more precise with measurements between a centimeter and a meter, and because measurements of length are based on human proportions, it's a little more intuitive.

But metric is clearly superior when it comes to science, very small measurements and very large measurements.

>Like it's easier to say a few feet than half a meter.
It is easier for you, because you grew up with this. For the rest of the world it's easier to do those things in the metric system. Therefore it's a bullshit argument, murrican style... typical

Oh another example is height.

Measuring height in cm seems really weird to me, like why would you measure a person with such a small unit.

It's easier to approximate in feet and be precise with inches. With cm, you can be really precise, but approximating is somewhat unintuitive. It's something you have to train yourself to do.

I grew up with both and feet, and pounds and pints for that matter, are infinitely more intuitive than metres (which are almost useless for people's height as everyone is 1m anyway). Can't imagine ordering 568mL of beer at a bar.

But it's really imprecise.

It's about a third of a meter away.
Is it 2 ft? 3 ft? 4ft?

Not sure if retard or edgy teen

Definitely a retard

Are decimeters ever used in day to day life? They seem a good human-sized unit.

You could be 1,85 meters
or 18,5 decimeters
or 185 centimeters
either way, you have to remember the same 3 digits, and who says a requirement for a measuring system has to be "be similiar to the human body"

Look down at your hand and tell me how long it is. I can tell mine's about half a foot.
Now your forearm. Mines about a foot.

Now these measurements are very imprecise, but I intutively know how long the members of my body are, so it's easier to glance at something and tell you how long it is in relation to my body and relay this information to someone else.

>Anglo-saxons ruin everything

greeks are subhumans

just because you fucking losers are ashamed of your colors doesn't mean the rest of the world needs follow your example. the last time the world took example from germany it went to shit.

Mine's around 15 to 20cm. I can tell because I've used metric for 20 years, lad. I have no idea how much is that on feet, much like you can't tell how much it is on metric.

we are the leaders of the free world

Why are foreigners so obsessed with American day-to-day life? Like I have yet to recieve a straight up answer to this question.

lol
leading it to an early grave maybe

you are a fucking disgrace to your heritage

I guess you're right but I think it's best to use the largest measurement available before moving on to smaller ones, similar to counting coins. Like if I was counting 65 cents American, I would want to use 2 quarters, a dime, and a nickel, rather than 13 nickels.

>Caring enough to isolate quebec

>caring enough to use all date formats of the entire world at the same time

That's mainly because we don't care. I switch between each type depending on context.

Also, no MYD? Disgraceful

Technically they do. The few humans there are scientists, not nignogs measuring shit on elbows/inches/fingers/feet.

that was a joke, because it is gray for some reason on this map

No country has jurisdiction over it, so you're not allowed to set a standard.