What was the moral to this film? Don't fuck Alejandro Sosa?

What was the moral to this film? Don't fuck Alejandro Sosa?

don't smoke ur own coke

Tony said it best "you need people like me, so you can point your fingers and say: that's the bad guy"

Tony's plight 'starting with nothing' is the reason we sympathize with him, once he ascends the ladder and effectively becomes Sosa, we see that sympathy we felt is void, and Tony has become what was originally against.

FUCK ME TONY

Tighten your grip too firmly, lose everything. Including his sister.

If you're a criminal then morals will kill you.

Remember he only died because he wouldnt kill that UN speaker with his wife and kids.

>films need moral

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run

all spics get deported, some go in a coffin

>Remember he only died because he wouldnt kill that UN speaker with his wife and kids.
Bet you feel good, huh?
Bet you feel good to kill a mother and her kids, huh,
bet you feel big.
Like, you big man.
Well, fuck you.
What do you think I am?
You think I'd kill two kids and a woman?
Fuck that! I don't need that shit in my life.

Don't do drugs.

The 80s were craaaazy.

>we see that sympathy we felt is void, and Tony has become what was originally against.
That doesn't void it, it makes it all the more tragic, seeing him implode on himself and drag down everything he built with him. There's no rise and fall story without the fall.

but he didn't say that in the film

he said "YOU NEED PEEPL LIKE ME SO YOU CAN POINT YOUR FOCKING FINGERS AND SAY: DAS DE BAD GUY."

the world is yours

but he didn't say that in the film either

he said: JU NEED PEEPUL LIKAH MEH MANG, SO JU CAN POINT JOUR FO-KING FING-AH ANH SAY: DAS DE BAD GUY MANG!

i dont like fucking colombians

The video game is actually pretty based.

Everyone likes Vice City user.

DONT BE CALLING ME NO FOCKING DISH WASHER MANG,
ILL KICK YO FOKING MONKEY ASS ALL OVER THIS PLAYS

Candle, twice as bright, etc.
The moral is that his reckless ambition drove him to destroy everything he ever loved from his only friend to his sister. The older kingpin he met in the beginning was in the game for decades because he flew under the radar, Tony Montana could not live that life because he was reckless and in the end destroyed everything.

Scarface: the world is yours is based is what I mean.

nothing like being an eight year old kid building his first drug empire

still cant believe that game existed, class A shit,

the voice actor was fucking spot on, even pacino cant get that voice right anymore

They used the same voice actor to play Tony in Gayday 2

>Candle, twice as bright, etc

what?

Same liberal bullshit all De Palma's films push

Not as good as gta but still funl. Also I was in high school when it came out.

You mixed the names up you idiot. They told you about Oliver Stone, you probably got triggered by the word "Oliver" because you remembered John Oliver and the classic rightwing moron you are, confused everything in your head, then forgot the original screenwriter's name, searched it up on wiki and got back with the post I 'm quoting.

I had a hard time figuring out why Oliver Stone would write such a screenplay myself. On the surface, it seemed as if he was glorifying drugdealers. Was he? Then what was he doing? Condemning Castro's Cuba? But he went to visit it. Was he going through a phase where his rightwing self was trying to come to terms with actual historic movement? I don't know

A candle that burns twice as bright burns twice as fast meaning that while Tony's success was great it was short lived..

This is it...can't be half a gangster

No, I didn't mix up the names. I actually didn't even know Oliver Stone wrote Scarface

De Palma's movies generally push a liberal agenda. This one is basically apologist for illegal immigrant violence and declares there's no difference between criminals and normal people, or that normal people aren't better than criminals. Carlito's way declares it's impossible to escape a life of crime if you're born into it and depicts all the white characters as racist. And so on

Don't let foreign criminals into your country.

then what message are Dressed To Kill and Body Double trying to push?

I don't know I haven't seen those

The two I mentioned are the only ones I saw. I'm just assuming the rest are like that

>The two I mentioned are the only ones I saw. I'm just assuming the rest are like that

hmmm

PELICAN FLYYYYYY CMONNNNNNN PELICANNNN

JOR WIFE IS RIGHT MANG
JU ARE AN ASSHOLE

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE OTHER GUYS GREED AHAHAHHAHAHAH

Man, this film really highlights what happened to southern Florida thanks to the drugs and the Cubans. My grandparents used to talk about the decent Cubans (basically educated and upper classes) that came over in the 1960's when fleeing from Castro, but the 80's was when the Miami Drug War was in full swing thanks to the "refugees" from the 70's.

PUSH IT TO DA LIMIT

>De Palma's movies generally push a liberal agenda.
Especially when you project liberal boogeymen into anything you don't like or understand.

>the frogmen

Hello, does anyone know what tf Tony meant by this?

WALKIN ON A RAZORS EDGE

In order to get want you want, or rather what you think you want, you often have to sacrifice extremely important things. For Tony it ended up costing even his life

your a dorable

TRYING TO MAKE DA MONEY MANGE

>fly pelican... fly!
MOTHERFUCKER YOU LIVE IN MIAMI HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FLAMINGO AND A PELICAN