Time travels

>time travels
>also teleports to a different part of the world

if time travel were purely travel in time and not space, couldn't you "land" in some region of the Earth's orbit when it isn't there? This has also never been mentioned in a film.

if everything is constantly moving through space, then if you time travelled far enough, wouldn't you just end up suspended in space?

yeah id like to see someone time travel and end up in space because the earth is not in the same place in orbit around the sun

really made me think

The earth rotates doesn't it?

but I suppose since the sun is also moving on it's own trajectory, any pure time travel would be impossible except maybe over very short time spans

Good point, the amount of math required to pinpoint exactly where the Earth was when you travel to would be fucking absurd. Even more if you add in specific places like the hospital room Hitler was born in

This whole galaxy is moving really fucking fast.

There must be fiction where time travel is used to travel physical distances.

>you're travelling through time and space right now

That's actually the plot of The Space Machine. A Time Machine sequel Christopher Priest wrote in the 70's.

If time travel had been invented in the future, wouldn't they have already come back and helped aid humanity to progress? Or are we the first time stream, is that even how it works?

>If time travel had been invented in the future, wouldn't they have already come back and helped aid humanity to progress?
What are UFOs?

But why would the government cover up UFOs if they came here to help us

artificial intelligence will get to the point where time travel is possible to do all the math for you

The singularity is near, my friends

>You will be able to transplant your consciousness into a computer in your lifetime

GET HYPED

You also have to take the universe' expansion into account over larger distances and time span.

The problem is, the sun is also "moving". In fact, everything is moving relative to every other thing, and there is no absolute concept of space in physics.

No you wont since we still don't understand quantum physics enough and probably won't unless there's another Einstein.

>time travels
>lands at the Circle K

Don't worry I'm Einstein 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Always felt this way as well. Drawings of aliens usually look way too human.