Wow this is good

wow this is good

how do you make kids and then this? the madmen

why did it take so long for this album to get the recognition it deserved?

kids was made when they were drunk in college. They were trying to make the most annoying pop songs and then years later they got picked up by a major label who wanted to keep those songs while side b of OS is more of what they wanted to do

oracular spectacular - 8/10
congratulations - 4/10
MGMT - 6/10

because it came out at a time when pitchfork reviews were gospol

i'm generally very late to the party when it comes to music, but was it not widely acclaimed on release? i can get people being surprised by the turn away from synthpop but every song on here is so catchy and gratifying, i can't imagine people being lukewarm about it

the pitchfork review was wrong as usual

you're absolutely cooked, cunt.

it was pretty much deemed as a failure compared to the debut by general audiences

no

Bait

unironically their best

because people are fucking stupid and everybody who reviewed it was comparing it to OS or didn't understand psychedelia whatsoever
(except for Fantano, but he reviewed this before anybody cared about him)

oracular spectacular 6/10
congratulations 8/10
mgmt 5/10
little dark age 7/10

switch the scores for oracular and the s/t and you've nailed it.

also post the leak fucker.

I'm not a big MGMT fan, but the title track of that album is such a comfy, relaxing song.

Any similar-sounding albums/artists?

Mild High Club

reminds me of trekking through nepal and the himalayas and stuff. dunno why...

Because they made catchy top radio hits before poptimism was in full effect and this when it eventually was. Pretty much scorned by both sides, but that's also whats going to secure mgmt as one of the best indie bands of the early 2000s in retrospect, critics never like what becomes influential.

im gonna spank your little stupid butt

Andrew is a big Neil Young fan and it shares similarities to his songwriting and reflection themes

only good track is Siberian Breaks