youtube.com/watch?v=HT3gQPeSd9o
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4kJ9TGhJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah

>winter driving
>wildlife fence stops
>only intermittent cars so have to turn of high beam every now and then

the only animal i see everyday are the brazilians

I live close to a forested area and they walk through my neighborhood often. Pretty cool tbqh.

everyday

i don't know if i've ever seen a moose. i sometimes spot deer while walking in the forest. when you drive out far from the cities there's lots of goats and sheep.

>your country
>do you regularly eat moose as a staple diet

Canada
Yeah, we've been hunting môswak for thousands of years

I don't see moose regularly even though I have shitloads of them here, Swedeanon.

Also, why do swedes call moose 'elk' and elk 'reindeer'
What do you call reindeer?

Nah, Georgia has lots of bears and coyotes though. I see/hear them all the time.

>deer
hjort

>reindeer
ren

>roe deer
(yuro deer)
rådjur

So what DO you call moose?

Älg

I guess it all stems from that confusion where people call moose 'elk' , possibly because elk is close to the swedish word for moose 'älg' (pronounced like 'elyh' with burger phonetics or something). An elk is a kronhjort from what I've been taught, not sure if we have those never seen one.

No. They don't even look real, wouldn't believe if i saw one.

I used to see them fairly often when I lived in Alaska.

>lived in Alaska
I'm jealous user, post comfy pictures you took.

I didn't have a digital camera back then, but I'll see if I can find you some nice pictures anyway.

Keeping it on-topic.

I'm from the Netherlands

Back there people get excited when they see a rabbit

>ywn live in alaska
>ywn build your own cabin
>ywn live in the middle of the alaskan wilderness
One can dream...

It's never too late bud.

European 'reindeer' are what we call 'caribou' in North America, the elk is a different species altogether. The word "caribou" is derived from whatever the natives used to call them, so that's where the difference comes from.

Yeah, and everytime it was at nighttime and it scared me shitless because moose don't fucking budge when you run into them with high beams, so you have to slam the brakes so you don't hit them and fucking die. They just stay there and stare at you.

But they are tasty. Looking forward for moose hunt in september.

Beef is shit-tier compared to moose meat. Good luck with your hunt.

We only have bison in my area, or atleast thats all ive seen

was in a moose collision once

it almost made it across but hit the side of the car and slid off

>mfw milliseconds away from being rekd to shit

Damn right.
The only annoying thing with moose is that the meat is so lean is almost impossible to make burgers with.

Also ty

glad you're okay, sounds pretty scary

Moose collisions are horrendous because of their body shape.

They have comparatively tiny, spindly legs and a huge bulked mass on top. So when you hit them in a car the result can often be just obliterating their legs while sending their entire hulking body straight into your windshield.

I'm pretty sure that all of these collisions could be avoided if people just slowed the fuck down when driving through moose country at night.

*blocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=0h1XlsskYmY

>Being attacked
>Clearly provoking it intentionally

I guess that's the trick Americans use to hunt out of season?

>Europoors don't have nature or wildlife

Do Yuropoors have trash pandas at least?

but are your meese white?
youtube.com/watch?v=cwG0ZfpQ_Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_q_mOwlPM

Upon reaching sexual maturity, every moose takes a blood oath to be an unquestioning servant of Satan the Devil.

and then some friendly moose banter

youtube.com/watch?v=HT3gQPeSd9o

you mean wash bears? not sure, doubt

I really don't like their limbs

there was one here like that
someone shot it and the natives got really upset, said it was their reincarnated chief

>someone shot it and the natives got really upset, said it was their reincarnated chief

Same thing happened in Norway

They named theirs Albin
Albin wandered into a group of Danes who thought it would be cool to shoot it so they did
Hilarity ensued
>also I've personally seen one but it was female and not so impressive

>go moose hunting
>it's incredibly hard to get close to them in the wild because their senses are so sharp and they can detect your presence from a very long distance if you're not careful and they are basically quite a challenge to find and get within shooting range
>drive home after not shooting any mose
>faggot moose runs across the road right in front of us

do swedes ride moose?
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4kJ9TGhJA

>so you have to slam the brakes so you don't hit them and fucking die. They just stay there and stare at you.

it's part of the driving test here that you don't break if you're going to hit them, better to be going fast so the body doesn't go through the windshield

I grew up in Alaska so yea moose were pretty common.

>shooting an Albino moose

Fucking savages m8. Save your bullets for deer. Nobody gives a fuck about deer.

*blocks your path

deer are a big problem in victoria, they can't get rid of them
people sued to stop it when they tried to relocate feral rabbits

that was just mean ;_;

During the time of the Swedish Empire they conducted research on the suitability of moose cavalary. It ever having existed is just a factoid, but the trials were real.

One of the points was that moose could swim in strong current unlike horses, which would let cavalry cross streams without dismounting...

Some ultra faggots have imported them as pets, there is a risk that they start spreading here and some people are worried about it at least. They are so unwanted that they are illegal and you can report people for "fauna crime" if they own one. We will basically kill them because they will wreck so much havoc on the local fauna.

I saw the biggest fucking bull moose I ever seen a few weeks ago. I woke up early and saw this giant ass "thing" walking across a field of barley, first time seeing such a thing my brain couldn't really handle it. The size of these things can't not be underestimated.

times up, white boys

russia tried to do it to because they're more suited to snow

What Americans call elk does not exist in Europe. Moose was the original elk.

Reindeer is reindeer.

>Reindeer is reindeer.

In Canada we have caribou, which are the same species as European reindeer.

No, I mostly see deer