Breaking Bad comes out

>Breaking Bad comes out
>Everyone loves it
>It starts to get popular
>Everyone here hates it
Why do you do this? Is it autism?

PREVIOUSLY ON BAKING BRAD

>Is it autism?
Pretty much, yeah. From season 1 to season 4 this board loved BB but then normies started watching it when season 5 premiered and once that happened suddenly this board started shitting on it.

DONT YOU TOUCH MY MONEY

To be fair I had a lot of problems with season 5. But I had a lot of problems with season 2 also and yet most people seem to ignore those.

Season 5 was so bad I dropped it halfway through and never finished the show.

>it's a half the episode is Walt trying to be a good father and husband to his dysfunctional family despite apparently being autistic the whole time episode
>it's a jesse goes off and does some stupid fucking shit that almost gets himself and Walt caught in some random fit of depression episode
These are the worst.

I think its undeniable that Breaking Bad had a decline in quality as the series progressed and the budget expanded.

The big problem was it stopped being down to Earth, I mean the blue-meth taking off was ridiculous but the premise was a loser pushed to the edge not all the wacky shit that went on in the later seasons.

>Thinking a show about crime and drugs can stay "down to earth"

>>Everyone loves it
>>It starts to get popular

>functionally writes the same thing twice

Why do you do this? Is it autism?

>why does everyone here hate breaking bad?

Because it's not Sopranos.

Dexter was better

I liked it so much more rewatching it here and there on the AMC marathon

Meaning they everyone here loved it at first. Then they hated it when it became popular with normal people.

>Its a Jessie cries and acts like a little bitch for the entire season, season

I wish Walt had just fucked him and got it over with.

Dexter is not worth watching after season 1

Breaking Bad was alot of fun, but compared to better shows (Deadwood, The Wire, The Sopranos) there just isn't much to talk about aside from memes.

Sopranos was mediocre pseudo-intellectual garbage though.

If it can't stay down to Earth then it can't. It still sucks.

wrong, the show died with doakes

>I think its undeniable that Breaking Bad had a decline in quality as the series progressed and the budget expanded.
I feel the opposite. Season 1 and 2 were good but a bit too slow, I feel BB became a truly great show during season 3, and season 4 was its peak. Season 5 wasn't as good as season 4 but it also wasn't the disaster that this boards makes it out to be.

What was his endgame?

These shows make people go through a lot of feels and when "normies" finally get into them, the original fans pretend they were never into it out of some jealous elitism.

Fuck no. Dexter started off strong but it jumped the shark during season 4 and by the time it ended it had devolved into a total trainwreck. The Dexter series finale will be remembered as one of the worst series finales of all time.

>Season 1 and 2 were good but a bit too slow

Found the pleb.

Pleb and proud. Season 3 and 4 are far more entertaining.

>x comes out
>only the people who like it are vocal about it
>their vocalization translates to exposure
>as exposure increases an increasing number of people see it and don't like it
>those people are vocal about their dislike

its simple math. You can't please everyone all the time. Sup Forums has sufficient traffic to be a representative sample of everyone. Negativity is more fun than positivity.

secret club mentality

You are probably the kind of plebshitter who would have fallen off during season 2 if you didnt have the internet telling you that "SEASON 3 IS EPIC BRO, COOL SILENT MEXICAN TWIN ASSASSINS DUDE LMAO"

Sup Forums = Contrarian

Still love it tho

This, now everyone claims BB as the best TV show ever.
fucking normies

popular = shit
This applies to anything

No that's the Walking Dead.

>Is it autism?

why are you even asking this

>dexter season finale
>remembered

Nope, I enjoyed season 1 and 2. I would've kept watching even if the pace had remained the same for the entire series. The first time I watched season 1 and 2 I didn't have any problems with the pace but when I rewatched the entire series season 1 and 2 felt a bit slow.

Breaking Bad was an above average show that started getting more praise than it was due. It's similar to GoT in that it requires very little thought or mental process to enjoy it or understand what's going on and there were a lot of big action scenes. So everyone seemed to love it.

kek, good point.

Let me guess, you like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Narcos?

Breaking Bad is miles better than current GoT

I don't disagree. I'm comparing the reasons why both are so popular and I believe it's because they're shows anyone can enjoy.

Saw Breaking bad a month ago, i liked it. Best episode for me was Crawl Space but it was a good show overall

N O · M O R E · H A L F · M E A S U R E S · B E T T E R · C A L L · S A U L · W I P E · D O W N · T H I S · S T A Y · O U T · O F · M Y · T E R R I T O R Y · I · A M · T H E · D A N G E R · I · A M · T H E · O N E · W H O · K N O C K S · Y E A H · B I T C H · Y E A H · S C I E N C E · I · A M · I N · T H E · E M P I R E · B U S I N E S S · S A Y · M Y · N A M E · B O O Y A ! · H A V E · A N · A 1 · D A Y · J E S S E ! · A · C R I P P L E D · L I T T L E · R A T A · I · W O N · L E T · U S · C O O K · M I S T E R · W H I T E · I · W A T C H E D · J A N E · D I E · R E S T R A I N · T H I S · W A N T · T O · C O O K ? · T H E Y · A R E · M I N E R A L S · M A R I E · N O T H I N G · S T O P S · T H I S · T R A I N · D O · I · L O O K · L I K E · A · S K A T E R ? · W H E R E · I S · B R E A K F A S T ? · I · F U C K E D · T E D · F R A N C H · C O W H O U S E · W E · A R E · D O N E · W H E N · I · S A Y · T H A T · W E · A R E · D O N E

I know plenty of people who cite GoT as "best series ever" who quit before season 1 in BB.

The plebbery out there knows no bounds.

That's because season 5 dropped every single subplot in favour of forced drama and epic one liners

>That's because season 5 dropped every single subplot
What are you talking about?

A U T I S M

Breaking Bad is not perfect, but it's in no way a mediocre show. Game Of Thrones on the other hand is like a detector for plebs with shit taste

The more popular a show is, the more likely it is a fanboy will be outraged at your bait.

It's not that everyone hates it, it's that trolls gain more by pissing on it.

i never liked it in the first place

muh gobagol

>image.png
>babbys first image manipulation app
get out

>25 Lydias
I raise you 50 Hitlers

jesse was demoted to a tertiary character. Everything about Hank and his wife was dropped. Everything was about walt and some 2d villains which weren't interesting at all.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

>Negativity is more fun than positivity.
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so.

shut the fuck up pixar

I was late to the Breaking Bad party. I just watched the entire thing since Christmas, one season a day.

Overall it was good, great even, but a couple of huge flaws would keep me from recommending it to everyone I meet. Mostly Jesse ceasing to be a character and just being "that dude doing random shit or getting beat up" for the second half of the series.

I liked the first half of the series (ramping up to Gus being a spooky bad guy) way more than the second half (Gus actually being a spooky bad guy onwards).

Is Better Call Saul worth watching?

Yep

i remember when it was being aired that I liked it but I warned people claiming it was the best show on TV of all time that it would not have the staying power of shows like sopranos because it was ultimately a shallow babbys first melodrama

i was right

>"i was right"
>still generates discussion and is still remembered by normies
You were wrong, senpai.

what's wrong with season 5?

its because it got really really bad in its later seasons. maybe you're just insecure when you get the whiff of somebody somewhere you think might be feeling a little bit smarter than you are possibly and so you have to lash out and pathologize them as contrarians or "autists" so you can safely maintain what little self-confidence you still think you might possibly have.