>take class on the history of the Ottoman Empire
>doesn't count towards Cultural Diversity core requirement

D-does this mean that Turks are white?

Other urls found in this thread:

classicalmpr.org/story/2013/11/12/mozart-alla-turca
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

calling a Turk wh*Te would probably result in your death.

yes

Who do you guys use mostly?Is it Halil İnalcık or Bernard Lewis or someone else?

Used the following five texts:

The Ottoman Empire by Colin Imber

A Brief History of the Late Ottoman Empire by M. Şükrü Hanıoğlu (assuming here that M. means Mehmet)

Christians and Jews in the Ottoman Empire (edited) by Benjamin Braude

Rediscovering Palestine: Merchants and Peasants in Jabal Nablus by Beshara Doumani

The Imperial Harem: Women and Sovereignty in the Ottoman Empire by Leslie P. Peirce

It was an excellent class and I would gladly take another Ottoman focused course.

classicalmpr.org/story/2013/11/12/mozart-alla-turca

looks like nice reads. what did they teach you in general in the class?

erik jan zürcher cartey findley

Damn I was completely off lmao

He probably knows more about Turks than regular t*rks who worship atakike like you.

I went in with a lot of knowledge already but we covered from 1299 to the end of the caliphate in 1924. Also did some preliminary stuff starting from Mantzikert. Nothing got a ton of special attention but we covered pretty much everything.

Ottoman Empire was anal cancer

>Cultural Diversity core requirement

i really like pre-otto turks in anatolia and persia history desu. also the late otto history as well, specially after 1800 is although heartbreaking, is really interesting to read at the same time.

O gavurları hiç okumadım user, sen okudun mu yoksa tanıdığından falan mı bilion.

I agree desu. I just kind of wish Turks were black enough to be considered diverse by the Jews who put up the requirement.

Yeah the Seljuks are their descendants are interesting. My favorite period though is definitely from 1299 up until 1595 when Mehmet III murdered 19 of his brothers as soon as he took the throne. pretty based.

> Bernard Lewis

Wasn't the ottoman empire notorious for killing shias and alewites?

Like him or not he was THE man when it came to middle eastern history in USA.

>alawite

S*favids and their brainwashed followers deserved it.

yeah "brother slaughter" was pretty rad in otto empire.

lewis is pretty good in otto history.

>when your mom asks you where all the alawites went

ottos didnt fight shia persians for couple of hundred of years actually. if it wasnt erdoggo turkey and iran would be pretty cool with eachother. we are still pretty cool but erdoggo has a potential to ruin everything lol

>when your mom asks you where all the alawites went.

>alawite
are you retarded

the "persians" ottomans fought against were actually Azeri aka Turk Qizilbash Shias.

yes but we didnt fight constantly against them. it happened a little bit and now for like maybe 300 years we are at peace

There's a reason hes the only western historian allowed access to Ottoman era archives

t. armenian

why the fuck is iceland also green? kek did I miss something in my history classes or what?

What does that mean? Please explain.

kek en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions

I think I heard about it, you have to learn about nigglets and all "opressed" races and people to respect them. Ultimate cuckening of education

There were some corsair raids all the way up there. (Maybe just one?)

yeah they took couple hundred people from unprepared icelanders
>conquered and annexed

>and all "opressed" races and people to respect them
I'm not sure you will respect some Western African peoples if you will learn about their history and traditions, some of which include cannibalism and similar stuff.

And what is practical use of this knowledge anyways? Disgusting way to kill education.

datsdajoke.gif

Basically it is funny. Vikings got what they did with ancient Irish and Anglos 500 years before that.

I apologise for my lack of intelligence