youtube.com/watch?v=M7W6JJ7cDyo
youtube.com/watch?v=XlUibhhW4eM
youtube.com/watch?v=WNIEB4MHCHw
youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4jzzvOlyU
youtube.com/watch?v=IlfQ206XTkA
youtube.com/watch?v=U6xHsUsPhmQ
clyp.it/kmxl244m?token=1d296acfca5aeaa78b5abf20f7503d22
youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZFyEbRnlQ
canaanperry.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/china-les-paul-hollowbody-freedom-cheapy-becomes-a-gretsch-lp/
youtube.com/watch?v=AdoaWH_kXq4
amazon.com/Epiphone-SPECIAL-II-Electric-Guitar-Ebony/dp/B00A6D50L0?th=1&psc=1#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1517599568190
discogs.com/Various-Guitars-That-Rule-The-World-Vol-2-Smell-The-FuzzThe-Superstar-Guitar-Album/master/308442
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no meme machine OP
2/10 bad thread

crushing gg before it's started.

this was a progression some user posted in the last one which i learned in 5 mins then played it faster than the actual guy. no hsit it's sloppy, im hammered and never played it before, and it's all first take since i cant be bother.
youtube.com/watch?v=fYlU6gylebs
vocaroo.com/i/s1KDKZSNTRQ0 vocaroo.com/i/s1UvfuG8vk4I vocaroo.com/i/s1qccpC5t9WF vocaroo.com/i/s0jjZHrvfVD6 vocaroo.com/i/s0ngpmbYyK6U

last one is cliffs since it showed up in the suggestions and i hadnt played it in a while. i rule gg now. that's about all. peace out.

Play some tasteful blues or GTFO.

No thanks, grandpa. I'm kinda above that at this point, but you wouldn't notice, since you're shit and can't play to save your life. prove me wrong though, post your elementary playing so i can humiliate you. i rule gg. Call me Sire or sir or m'lord, and I may consider blessing you with another reply.

r8 my basses boys

>he, like almost all metalfags, can't even play tasteful blues
>he uses "I'm above that" and "post yours first" as excuses because he can't even play the most elementary style of soloing convincingly because all he can do is regurgitate from muscle memory with no feeling and blues requires more than just regurgitating from muscle memory

>classical acoustic with only 4 strings on
>bass
I lol'd.

they are bass strings after all, in regular bass tuning, so it's a bass, plus it's fretless

Improvise a solo over Cherokee

rip

same

Wireless systems....go!

>40 year old tech thats still unreliable
>no does-it-all product
>body packs (vomit)

40 years and we STILL dont have a simple, small and good sounding solution. FUCK CABLES!

when a man and a woman love each other, something beautiful happens

is the accompainment guitar standing out?

soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/mr-tambourine-man

did anyone say blues
clyp.it/jf0ywj41

poast your bad guitar habits

I hold my pick with my thumb like this

I thought this bastard was going to be fat as a cow, but he's just a little escuincle.
No wonder he's so angry at the world.

Has anyone here played a super high end guitar like pic related?

youtube.com/watch?v=oaDrl7HoXC8

who played drums there?

midi

should i buy this?

ebay.com/itm/111899379485

It has the same sounds quality as the guitar.

thank you that means a lot

can anyone help me get a really easy bass riff from a swans song, im retarded and i can't decipher it even though it's kinda clear in the video im a beginner to bass so pls no bully

post it my man

youtube.com/watch?v=M7W6JJ7cDyo
you can probably find it in better angles in different live performances.

comfy slides youtube.com/watch?v=XlUibhhW4eM

Color options are white, black and blue.

I would rather sunburst and the bridge is putting me off since its not fixed in place.

he's just riffing on E octaves with an occasional high A#

thank god, that retarded faggot jcm9000 is asleep

catchy youtube.com/watch?v=WNIEB4MHCHw

please dont link that pedo jew

ill link the entire album now that you said that youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4jzzvOlyU

youtube.com/watch?v=IlfQ206XTkA

is that an acoustic bass guitar on the intro? youtube.com/watch?v=U6xHsUsPhmQ

What's the best way for a newbie to learn guitar?
I just got pic related the other day.
Start with cords? Start with scales? I played trumpet for like 10 years in concert band, pep band, marching band, and jazz band, so I know music. I just hear a lot of conflicting information about how beginners should learn to play guitar.
>muh cords
>muh scales
>muh strumming
Why does nobody seem to teach or recommend guitar be learned like any other fucking instrument?

Is there a site where you can check which guitar suits your preferences? Looking for

>locking tremolo
>passive pickups
>HSH or HH
>preferably Duncan or Dimarzio, definitely not EMG (already have a guitar with EMG)
>set-in or set-through neck
>no preference in materials
>play mostly rock/metal but versatility appreciated

Recommendations welcome.

Forgot price range
>$500-$1000

I just picked a guitar up at 12, listened to songs and tried to figure out what notes to play.

start with chords, then move on to scales (which should be easy for you since you played trumpet), learn basic strumming techniques, and basic fingerpicking won't hurt

Guys help me fight off the urge to buy beer or food after work so I'll be able to buy my strat sooner

i dont care, you're a fat fuck
when i got my first job the 3 first months of wage went entirely for my condor les paul, i didnt even have the chance to waste it.

i'm trying to practice my english reading/speaking
clyp.it/kmxl244m?token=1d296acfca5aeaa78b5abf20f7503d22

>had a guitar magazine in the 90s that had lessons on jazz fusion and blues
>really cool audio tracks in the style of al dimeola charlie christian and john McLaughlin.
>don't remember the name of the magazine

I really want to find it.

I like buying food and beer tho

It's literally an addiction

3 months for garbage

i know it wasnt guitar world or guitar one.

i bet it's better than your guitar

i dont have a guitar im only here to shitpost, i play the harmonica

i did an awesome job on every aspect of this song youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZFyEbRnlQ

The last page had john frusciante and anthony in the bath

then i bet its better than your harmonica

actually it doesnt matter because you cant even play it LOL

dont buy it and find better stuff to do like exercising and music

what is cool about harmonicas is that you dont need to take the brand name cock up your ass xD keep buying overpriced shit cuz it got a nice name attached to it goy

jokes on you i only buy underpriced shit

>
Chinese Les Paul hollowbody Freedom cheapy becomes a Gretsch LP
May 31, 2009

Before – this was a very average hollowbody Les Paul-shaped axe sold under the “Freedom” brand name. I picked it up for around $200 AU new. But, it took a lot of work to get it to play decently – needed nut and fret work and the original tail piece rattled a lot; hence the blue tape in this pic. Tuning pegs were replaced with Wilkinson items as the stock ones would not hold tune.

canaanperry.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/china-les-paul-hollowbody-freedom-cheapy-becomes-a-gretsch-lp/

is this guitar a real amp or a multifx ampsim youtube.com/watch?v=AdoaWH_kXq4

hes a fat fuck cuz he just wants food and beer for his own leisure? not everybody is privileged to have food already cooked when they get home. some people work different jobs and are completely drained once they step in. don't be such a fucking dick, what are you trying to achieve from doing so? provide me some insight.
okay, here's some encouragement. you said "beer" so i'm assuming its just one can. on average it will cost you 2.50 with tax. food, probably around 7 dollars. on a daily basis, im assuming this is what you're doing, it will range you from $9.50 a day. lets say you do this for 4 days within the work week, that will add up to $38-40. a month? $152. a year? around $1825-2000. if you just budget and just strictly live on your weekly grocery expenses. it will just be that much easier for you to achieve what you wish. i hope this is some encouragement.

oh, put away like 50 bucks a week from each cheque. that will add up to $2400 within a years worth.

if you have troubles saving. go to your bank and arrange them to take a certain percentage from each weekly pay. good luck.

he doestn work much he's just a dogwalker and lazies out the rest of the day and post pics of doritos on /gg/ regularly

i liked that guitar. i'd like a hollowbody guitar, and a hollow les paul wouldnt sound worse than a 335-like hollowbody. that guitar is originally cheap but seems to be in good playing conditions

Amps sims sounded like shit in 1996 when that was recorded, it's probably and amp with a shit ton of post process.

wow you're so fucking hilarious. we got a funny guy here. you spend your time entertaining strangers on a fucking message board. youre here on this planet just to amuse, that is your purpose. no insight or intellect will be gain within your lifespan herez you're a complete joke and a clown. accept it and change if bothers you. maybe i'm too nihilistic. but gg, lil boy. gl on your endeavours

where did you see 1996

>wow you're so fucking hilarious. we got a funny guy here
yeah
>that is your purpose. no insight or intellect will be gain within your lifespan herez you're a complete joke and a clown
wrong, i just enjoy being funny and superficial

I checked out local music stores and pawn shops and holy fuck stuff costs so much more here. I saw quite a few Yamaha Pacifica 112j's and they went for around $600 new and 400$ used. A squire affinity strat was 500$ new as well. Shits expensive here in South Africa.

So after months of looking around for my first guitar I decided to be a fag and just buy a full kit and import it. amazon.com/Epiphone-SPECIAL-II-Electric-Guitar-Ebony/dp/B00A6D50L0?th=1&psc=1#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1517599568190

Gonna end up at around $350 with shipping and import tax and all that stuff. 2-3 weeks of waiting for shipping now though.

So how is it for a first guitar and will I be able to mod the shit out of it in the future?

They used a boss ME10 or ME5

Thanks but dude I drink like 18 beers every Wednesday and Saturday night. The cheap stuff but it still runs me about 20 dollars each time. I also have got to have a can of tobacco to go with my drinking.

I've noticed lately that I'm barely even practicing guitar. And if I do practice it's for like literally ten minutes because I get bored and just wanna play vidya or watch top ten list on YouTube

>yamaha thinks its a real guitar brand

Nobody will pay that much.

i'm not surprised, every fat fuck is like that

You can't lay your hands on it to know that, and you've only got 7 days to return it. Expect it to need work straight out of the box before it's playable. It's your $200, you'll probably end up turd polishing, be surprised if you don't.

>I drink like 18 beers every Wednesday and Saturday night.
so stop

discogs.com/Various-Guitars-That-Rule-The-World-Vol-2-Smell-The-FuzzThe-Superstar-Guitar-Album/master/308442

you lookd that up? how cute

>you
i'm not who you think you're talking to

they've been making guitars longer than they have been making concert band instruments or drums
they've been in the music game a long time

>bmw thinks its a real car brand
Nobody will pay that much.

Sorry, can't. Every day when I get off work it's always a mental battle to stop myself from going to the package store to get beer or liquor. I always end up saying "I don't need it" and driving home. Then 2 hours later I'm bored out of my mind and go back to town for drinks.

I'm not even old enough to buy beer

For the money Revstars are better than 90% of Korean made shit. I played the green one and it's not bad for $700.

how did you come up with that idiot? did you just get out of a rock and read that yamaha builds guitars now? their guitars have a reputation of being good instruments, and even for the price.

>I'm not even old enough to buy beer
lol don't even worry about it then, your brain is already fucked. may as well go down with the ship

cheap shitty student guitars

>Fishman thinks its a real pickup brand
Nobody will pay that much

>Mesa thinks its a real amp brand

>Gibson thinks its a real hi-fi lifestyle brand

I was gonna save up for this last year

>Fender thinks its a real parallel-universe brand

Yamaha is pure quality fuck you, if their instruments aesthetics are more up to my taste I won't even consider looking at other brands

I made a mistake getting the electric anygig. Should have got the nylon string.

should be good.

I already know I want a Telecaster
that, or a semi/hollow guitar

obviously you start with chords.

strumming goes hand-in-hand with that depending on the feel of the song

Should have gotten the Kurt Cobain microphone

>obviously you start with chords.
why though. I guess that's the quickest way to be able to play songs, but they say play these notes together with no context or understanding of anything. nobody learns how to play saxophone or oboe like that

Don't get the soycaster, get the semi

Very nice, man.

>nobody learns how to play saxophone or oboe like that
well, this ain't no wind instrument, man. it's a guitar. different strokes for different folks

trust me when I say it's easier for you that way. start out with basic songs. the important bit is to build your finger strength as you go along

let me guess, but you saved for doritos instead

I'd get both if I wasn't just a college student pumped with THC